Engine Overhaul

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he does get to come home today. Stay strong!

Thanks D. We made back home. Let’s hope they got him fixed up for a bit.

2 Likes

Another bottle of pills, another ambulance ride. I ask the EMT if he wanted me to carry his bag to the ambulance and he said, “It’s really heavy.” I laughed. Really?

Sorry. Hope the roller coaster ride comes to a pleasant conclusion soon for you.

1 Like

Well… Yuch. Hopefully this will be straightened out soon.

1 Like

Tough all around this forum these past days; Sunshine ahead I hope.

1 Like

Thanks Z! 5 hospital trips, 3 ambulance rides, I think they may get him fixed up. This has been crazy! We have gone from a scheduled app, to A Fib where they stopped his heart and it restarted, to the cardiologist prescribing Ambien to a 72 y/o who has COPD, to unconsciousness, to hallicinations, and breathing problems. The Ambien caused his breathing to get shallow and therefore he has WAY too much CO2 in his blood. He is in the hospital now, and they say they can fix him. Keep your fingers crossed.

Edit: Hopefully I can sneak in a little lifting in the morning before the 80 mile trip over there. :wink:

Well, prayers for you, your dad, and the family.

Train away what you can (stress ect.) and take care of yourself down there.

1 Like

Prayers for you guys from this poster too.

1 Like

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. Dad is still in the hospital, but is doing much better. They transferred him from ICU to a room. Yay! I spoke with social worker and she is going to try to help me get him into a rehab facility for a couple of weeks to get him on back on track.

Didn’t actually get to lift today, lots of phone calls, but I reconstructed my rack (long story). I am hoping this is going help me in the confidence and time management depts. Nothing like a 10,000 rpm grinder throwing a shower of hot molten metal down your bra to get your mind off things. :grin:

1 Like

That’s great to hear (or read) about your dad.
Ooo a reconstruction, can’t wait to see it when things settle down for you.

1 Like

Great news on your dad! Hopefully he continues to improve quickly.

I know some women who have reconstructed their racks but your’s sounds a bit different than theirs.

1 Like

Thanks MT! It don’t look any better it did the first time…lol. just trying to make it more functional.

Thanks D! He sounded a 1000% better today. And that’s because my rack is different… :wink:
I used to say; in my next life I am going to buy me a huge set of hooters and be a pole dancer. All of my friends advised me against it. They ALL said I would hurt myself if I had tits… :joy: :joy: :joy:

10/16/16

Testing the waters

Squat
1x5/65
1x5/75
1x5/85
1x5/95
1x3/105

Need to make a couple of adjustments on my “improvements”. But I am getting there. Dad is 1000 times better than he has been in months. He sounds like my daddy again :slight_smile: We all seem to think that the new oxygen concentrator they brought in April was the beginning of the downward spiral. The Ambien was just the final blow. If There was anyway to prove it I would sue their asses! And I normally don’t even think about shit like that, but this was SCARY. I mean we know he is going to die, eventually, but I would prefer it not to be at the hands of the government trying to save a penny. Had a good day yesterday, dad’s better, I went up to Pimp Daddys and did fun work, it’s cooler, mom’s happy. YeeHawwwww! Tomorrow I shall get back to the grind. Still shooting for a 200 pull before my birthday. Not sure I will make the 100lb bench, but I am not giving up.

Ever foward!

1 Like

Sounds like very good news on your dad!

Time to get back at, push it and hit both of those goals.

1 Like

Thanks Dave! So, I read what you wrote and thought, " Man, I dunno. I don’t think I can make the 100 lb bp goal. Shit just ain’t been going right in that department." I set there and ciphered on the best to way to approach this. The only thing that jumped out at me was, if you want to improve something, do more of it. I ate the other half of the pizza I bought for breakfast ( I ate the first half for breakfast) and told myself to go see where I stand. Followed the DBasler recipe for finding a PR and BAM! 85lbs baby! Yeah it was ugly. Had to grind that bitch up, from the half way point, but it went up! Only once, but it went up, I am claiming it anyway :grin: You da man Dave!

2 Likes

Yes he IS the man, and right of course:)

Great job on the bench/pizza PR’s; and glad to hear about our dad doing better.

1 Like

10/17/16

Wu= 20 BW squats

Squats
1x5/85
1x5/100
1x4/115
2x10/75

BP
5x5/65

Incline BP
5x5/50

BO Rows
5x10/65

Edit: I ask my mom last night if she thought I could hit 100 BP by my birthday and she said, " Why hell yes! You can do anything you put your mind to." Then we talked a little bit, and she said 5 years ago I could have pressed at least 150 and pulled over 300. I told her I was 5 years younger then, “pffft! That don’t make a hill of beans, she said. You can still do it! You were that GD stronge. You still aren’t eating enough.” A couple hours later I grab a piece of chocolate, and we head home. As I was walking across the yard, she yells, " Keep stuffing your face!"

2 Likes

85! That’s awesome. You’ve come a long way since you started logging your bench here.

And great support from your mom. My mom, who is a most extraordinary mother on so many counts, does not understand my passion for powerlifting nor offer much support. She frequently suggests I take up tennis or volunteer work instead. Umm, okay.

3 Likes