Engine Overhaul

1/26/17
3x5 inverted rows
3x10/20s each DB rows
4x10/70
1x20/70 lat pulls V bar
4x10/70 tri pushdown

Half for me, half for MT.
Not much, but think it might have actually been affective.

1/27/17
Wu= circles F raise, lat raise, RD raise 3x10/10

MP
1x10/35
1x5/45
1x5/50
5x10/40. BPAs 5x10

DB BP
3x10/20s

BO BB row
3x10/55

Batwings, tate presses,
3x10/10s

Wow! That is one angry skunk out there. 4 out of 5 mornings I have been greeted by his lovely aroma when I step out the door. Last week he got in mom’s shed and lett’er rip. I wish he would just move on, I don’t want to have to kill him, but damn! We can’t take much more of this. :confounded:

1/29/17
Wu= bw squats, bridges, frog pumps

DL= meh
Not even going there.
Will try again after lunch.

Convo between me and a friend.
Me: I am pretty happy with how far I have come with most of my lifts, but disappointed in my deadlift numbers.
Friend: your deadlift numbers are fine.

This is what it felt like…

Not sure if it was meant to be nice or encouraging or what, but it felt like a slap in the face. :weary:

Anyway… Gomez came home yesterday a bloody mess. I don’t know what he tied up with, but I would have hated to see the other cat. He rarely loses a fight.

On a happy note, I fixed my washer! Yay me! It was definitely a tah dah! Moment.

2 Likes

Congrats on the dryer! It always feels good when you can make the repair and not have to spend a ton of cash doing it.

As far as the deadlift goes. You pulled 195 earlier this month without a belt and in shoes that didn’t look completely flat. On top of that you did it without getting much speed off the floor. You are good for at least 215 with a belt and a little work on increasing speed off the floor. That is solid!

I’m sure your friend was trying to be encouraging but feel free to slap him/her if it will make you feel better. Just hold back a little as you are stronger than you think yourself to be.

1 Like

Could not Dis-agree more…Lay into him(her) and make sure it Never happens again.

Better safe than sorry ??

1 Like

Now, now, I didn’t say anything about me slapping anybody. I am just disappointed with myself.

1 Like

I mis-read your post ::)))…In the picture, I thought you were Batman, slapping little robins mouth after that comment.

I’m always ‘slap first’ I guess; my bad:smirk:

1 Like

Just my luck my mom caught Angry Skunk in the live trap. Jed was very upset that we were going to have to kill him, so in a moment of weakness I told him would try to relocate him. I really wasn’t sure about this. Jed assured me that a spotted skunk could only spray 6 times. I asked him about striped skunks and he said he wasn’t sure.
My mom had thrown a tarp over the trap so he wouldn’t get to hot and sure enough he sprayed, but at least it wasn’t as bad.

After powering up with Beef with Broccoli from the local Chinese restaurant and homemade chocolate cake ( for dad’s bday) I was ready.

I went out and nervously straightened the tarp up and grabbed the handle, to my surprise, nothing. I put him in the back of the pick up and drove him down the road to a creek. You know, so he would have food and water. :confused: ( I couldn’t find a smiley with it’s eyes rolled back in it’s head)
I grabbed the trap and gently tried to hoist it over the side of the pick up. The tarp got snagged and I not so gently wrestled out. I am thinking… any minute now. Put the trap on the ground and pulled up the tarp to find the business end if the skunk! It did not take long for me to drop the tarp. Went to the other end, fumbled with the latch and to my surprise he just walked out and into the woods. Wow! Talk about nervous. I guess he only had a single shot instead of a revolver.
Moral of the story is… It is much easier to shoot them, but the smile on Jed’s face was priceless.

1 Like

1/28/17
Wu= trap bar farmers walk
200 ft ish empty bar
30 ft ish 100lb
100ft ish reset came back 100lb

DL
Many x 1/ 125
Many x 1/ 145 paused
Many x 1/ 155 paused

Didn’t count. Was really concentrating on the set up etc…

The shoes are actually flat, similar to chucks.

And the belt was invisible!

1 Like

Nope. No belt. Not ready yet.

Farmers Walks…one the most awesome exercises ever…I always wanted to try hem with a Trap Bar but there is to much stuff in the gym I go to that there isn’t space…wicked jealous…they will help engage your lats!

1 Like

Yesterday was the first time I have tried it. I wasn’t sure how much weight to use, so I just went with a good round number. There was no doubt why they call it a trap bar though :wink:

1 Like

1/30/17
Wu= 10 push ups
10 straight arm pull downs ( paul carter style)

BP
1x10/35
1x5/55
5x8/65

None of this was great. Couldn’t get my mojo going this morning.
Good news is… We found my mom a ( new to us) riding mower. Went last night and picked it up. The guy helped me load it. (I ask meth head to help me but, he was busy). Nice lil John Deer mower! Just needs a little tlc.

Bad news is… I had to unload it this morning. Let’s just say it didn’t go well. Things slipped and slid, and got stuck. I am logging this as deadlifts, squats, and conditioning all in one. My right quad/ knee is screwed right now. That shit better straighten up by morning.

Efficiency! at its finest!!

1 Like

1/31/17
Wu= f raises, lat raise, r.d. raise, BPAs

MP
1x5/35
1x5/40
1x5/45
1x5/50 :sunglasses:
5x10/45. SS BPAs 5x20

CG BP
3x10/45

3x10
Inv. Rows SS one arm lat pulls ( paul c)

Should have pulled today but think I will let my knee rest. It is 100% better than last night, all the swelling has gone down, but is still not crazy about the bending. Should be good to go by tomorrow.

1 Like

1/2/17
Wu= I actually like ran a little this morning :anguished:
20 bw squats
20 one elevated bridges

FS
5x5/75

Dips (getting better)
Straight arm lat pulls
Decline weighted crunches
Few cable rows
Back extensions

Looks lame on paper, but it all felt pretty decent.
Knee feels way better, just pain down the front of my leg on the squats. I was going to try to do a real deload this week, so close enough. Nit goibg to beat myself up over it.

Listen to your knee!

2/2/17
Wu= uh… yeah…

BP
1x10/35
1x5/55
5x8/65

Squats
5x8/85. SS facepulls

Some BPAs along the way.

Knee felt fine. Will be back to our regularly scheduled program tomorrow.

1 Like