Engine Overhaul

1/22/17
This week’s mission is to find/ wake up the lats.
I took the iguana out to the gym with me and after not so carefully digging his claws into my back, he just shook his head.

So, I took matters into my own hands. Tried different things with a touch/ feel approach.

Tried the dumbbell rows and meh… maybe need to watch another vid on how to do them correctly, but it seems like I feel them more in my lower traps than lats. :smirk: not even sure that is possible.

Anyway, I think I come up with something to at least get this party started. One arm pull down, sitting perpendicular to the stack and using the ball instead of the handle. If that makes any sense.

Maybe warm up with that before the dumbbell rows. I don’t have anything to lose at this point.

I don’t get much lat activation from rows either.

1 Like

I had some bad elbow tendinitis a few years ago, but wanted to still do pull ups. So I grabbed the straps that people normally use for leg lifts and did pullups. It completely removed the arms and shoulders from the lift. Since then, I’ve been able to activate my lats in nearly every thing. BB rows are still iffy.

Essentially this as a pull-up.

1 Like

Oh okay. I see what you’re saying. It’s worth a shot!

1/23/17
Wu= 15 bw squats

BP
1x10/35
1x5/55
5x8/65. SS. BPAs 5x20

Wu= bridges 20
Lunge 20

Squat
5x5/100

DB BP
3x10/20s

Incline
3x5/50

Sin arm lat pull
3x10/25 ea

Not enough food or sleep yesterday. Meh.

Funny Subway story; happens to me all the time but, we have legal weed here so…you know:)

And, a cool little Dragon too.

My .02 on your Lats?? Give DB pullovers a try. Check John Meadows or Christian Thibs. on here. Added bonus is the stretch/ de-compress the spine from other heavy work; lifting, yard, rodent control ect…

Well, who could resist short popping glutes. Stoned or not!

Dragon says, “thank you”

I will definitely check that out. Thank you.

How is the benching going?

Are you feeling more comfortable? Remembering to squeeze the imaginary quarter between your lats, digging your heels into the ground and planting your “nice ass” firmly on the bench?

1 Like

That’s right Chick, now your getting it:) Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Actually yes. It’s coming along. The last two reps of the last set got a little loose, but the rest felt pretty decent.

workouts look good kid!, and the bootyful story was awesome!!

1 Like

Thanks OG. Imma trying.

1/24/17
Wu= circles, front raise, lat raise

MP
1x10/35
1x5/45
1x5/55
5x5/40. SS (sorta) BPAs 5x10
Wu= bridges, frog pumps 3x10

DL
3x5/160

Not what I had planned, but I did do something. Somewhere around 4am chaos erupted in my house when Pippy the hamster escaped and the weeney dog was in hot pursuit. Put the dog in lock down, but didn’t apprehend the hamster until just a while ago. All is well but, I am out of time.

Those weeny dogs! Always causing trouble!

1 Like

Runaway hamsters, wiener dogs and ironing boards, this log has it all.

And I didn’t even mention the iguana or blown out pants.

1 Like

Ok, you know I’m going to ask this… pics of Pippy and Weeney please. Jeez how many animals do you have?

And sorry Dragon couldn’t be more help, I did recommend a cat, they always seem to know where to dig their claws in.

That Subway story was great.

2 Likes

1/25/17
Wu= 20 bw squats
20 one leg elev. Bridges

FS
1x5/55
1x5/75
1x5/85
1x5/90 :smiley:
1x10/65

Dips, lat pulls, DB rows

This started out pretty decent but went to hell in a hand basket. Couldn’t even finish it right now. Feel like a sack of shit.

@minimaltechno
The answer is too many!

2 dogs Hudley(weeney) HotRod (black/white)
3cats Gomez, Matimba, and Harky
2 hermit crabs Herman and Shelly
Pippy
Dragon
And 9 chickens

Now you know Why I am broke…lol.
Both dogs were rescues, Gomez is an old kitty born to a stray, and Matimba and Harky are young. Their mom dumped them in my greenhouse and weened them so, I guess they are here to stay.
Weeney was so skinny when we got him, you could count every bone in his body.
Pippy is still a little shook up from the other nite, and not real comfy with leaving her wheel right now.

3 Likes

1/26/17
Wu=20 bw squats
20 bridges

Squat
1x5/105
1x5/115
1x5/125
1x12/105. Could not get all 20 today. The strength was there, but I just can’t breathe. Still a rep PR.

BP
1x10/35
1x5/55
5x8/65

Better this morning but still not 100%. Everything moved pretty good considering. Maybe this shit will wear off by this evening.

Ha, you may be $$ broke but not love broke.

Where are your pulls, ya gotta do some for me too because I just can’t today.

1 Like