Engine Overhaul

Mom’s are the best.

I have been going with lighter weights on my lat movements and considering on actually feeling them in the lats. It seems to be working.

Well, I did lighten it up. :smirk: maybe try lighter next time. I just know if I could ever get to where I can feel them/ make them sore/ something, I could keep beating on them. Not sure that makes any sense to anybody but me.
Told you… Batshit crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I agree, light weights, that way no other muscles will want to take over. What’s the BB saying, it’s not the weight you move but your muscle, or something like that. Sometimes you just need someone (like the cat maybe) to touch your lats while performing the exercise.

Well shit, I ran over the cat so… the iguana maybe?

Sure… smaller digits to work with. Do you actually have an iguana? Pics?

He is still a lil guy. Only about 2 ft long.

Aw look at him and his eye looks so soulful. What’s the name?

damn how did that picture get so BIG

His name is Dragon, and I have NO idea why it’s that big…lol

I’m guessing you can already check that off the list…but no slacking!

Lol… no slackin!

1/21/17
Wu= 30 bw squat
One leg bridge 2x15
3x10 frog pumps
Hit T
3x10/85

DL
1x5/125
1x5/145
1x5/165
1x2/175
1x5/145

CG BP
3x10/45

Lat pulls
1xwhatever.

You’re looking/lifting strong! Keep it up!

Sorry if you’ve already been through this;

What kind of handle and grip width are you using for the Pulldowns? Are you staying pretty upright, or leaning back?

Just personally, it’s hard for me to feel my lats with a wide grip and an upright/vertical position.

Sometimes shoulder width, overhand grip, leaning back feels good. Or one arm at a time, kinda doing a like a quarter turn of the wrist as I pull down hits them.

Thanks FF. I think I have tried it all. This morning I went with behind the neck wide grip. I think this might help. I do think some unilateral work might help also. Thank you for your help. I am going to keep at it until I get it.

I agree. Throw is some dumbbell rows with a good stretch at the bottom.

So… I stop at Subway on the way home this evening and this guy comes in, and he immediately starts talking to the guy working. You can tell his Saturday night started a little early, because he is a couple sheets in the wind. He is all happy and full of shit as Christmas turkey. The guy working ( who has obviously indulged himself) screws up my sandwich. Happy guy is jokingly giving him a hard time. I join in by telling them that’s just the kind of day it’s been, and how I was at my peeps house and was nearly finished when the vacuum sucked up the string on a haphazardly placed ironing board and jerked it down, hitting me in the head, breaking my glasses and inadvertently ripped out the seat of my pants. Everybody is laughing and Happy guy says, " Well at least you have a nice ass!"
OMG! It was funny as shit. The guy working like to have fell over counter.
Okay, the guy was at least half drunk, but it’s been years since anybody has said that to me. Hahahaa… I told myself when I got in my pick up to leave… I must be getting bootyiful. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

POIDH

:wink:

Well, it caught me off guard so I didn’t have my camera ready.:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So it was like…

1 Like

Best story so far this month.

2 Likes