Engine Overhaul

Is that anything like licking a frozen steel post??

Pretty close! It was a tight fit…lol

1 Like

And you have a small ass. They may have needed the jaws of life to rescue me from that spot.

1 Like

I don’t think your arms would have fit in there :laughing:

I’m really just biting my tongue here up north…

Shades of SAMA, lol

1 Like

Hahahhaaa… Well, you might not SAMA anymore, but you do have pizza!

1 Like

1/12/17
Wu= 20 bw squats
20 bridges

Squat
1x5/85
1x5/105
1x5/115
1x20/90. Rep PR! Oh yeah! I was feeling like a badass when I got done :joy:

BP
1x5/55
5x8/65

DB BP
3x10/(20s)

Batwings
3x10/ (20s)

Face pull
2x20/70
1x10/70

Decided that Mon and Thurs. Will be squat and bench. Mon being the “heavier” day and Thurs “light” for the bench. Hope this makes sense. :wink:

Probably should have went with 60 instead of 65. The last reps on the last set were pretty ugly.

1 Like

Hey, hey , hey…congrats on the PR… disappointed the Firemen didn’t make a house call yesterday!

Thanks OG! I am quite sure the firemen are relieved :laughing:

1/13/17
Wu= getting my ass out of the house
10 bench dips
3x5 band assist dips :sob:

Took a few minutes to let the pain subside then carried on.

MP
1x10/ bar
1x5/45
1x5/50
5x10/40 SS BPAs 5x20
Some weighted pec stretches in there too

More jumping around like an idiot

DL
1x5/125
1x5/135
1x5/145
5x5/125

Since I drug this out, forever that’s all she wrote.
I will do some pulling tomorrow so MT won’t have to yell at me :grin:

1 Like

I used to feel bad about these 80% sessions as well. After reading Paul Carter’s “Base Building” book, I changed my perception of these workouts.

Paul explains these 80% sessions as just getting in and getting the work done. No PR’s, but not an absolute garbage session either. He mentions that his goal is to have as many 80% sessions as possible as these are the building blocks that make the foundation of strength.

He also speaks to the really good (+10%) and awful (-10%) sessions but I think I would be butchering his wording so I won’t attempt it.

Anyways, it did make me feel better about the ‘just getting the work done’ sessions. I like Paul’s straightforward, no BS writing style, so I enjoyed the read.

Keep up the awesome work!

1 Like

WORD!

Ha ha, it’s ok you can come yell at me too to pull my ass out of my desk and get to the gym, if I don’t post about it enough.

1 Like

As already stated dont worry…Hell most of mine are 80% days mostly just punching the clock. Im lucky to have +10 days three times in a month. Hell my last squat session was a -10 and that is even pushing it as a rating.

1 Like

being bootyfied makes everyday a good day in the gym…consistent effort with a plan trumps all out random effort .

1 Like

But, but, I am all about random effort. Big D is trying to get me straightened out though :wink:

1/14/17
Wu= :unamused:

Round 1
4x5/ band dips. Went better than yesterday.
3x8/(10s) tate presses

WG lat pulldown
6x10/100

Just couldn’t get the blood pumping this morning. Will try again later.

No straightening out needed. The effort is there just have to point you in the right direction on programming.

Big gains will be made in 2017!

1 Like

Hahahaaaa! I sure hope you’re right!

3 most important things in real estate: location, location, location.

3 most important things for getting stronger: hard work, more hard work, more hard work.

(I was watching a Supertraining Podcast with Charles Poliquin and stole that ^^.)

1 Like

1/15/17
Bunch of BW crap.
Dips, BPAs, inverted rows, rack pull ups, neg pull ups, reverse hypers. Blah, blah, blah