1/10/17
Lame ass video of the week…

BP
Wu=1x10/bar
1x5/65
1x2/75 (vid)
2x1/85 this is where shit got wonky
0x1/90. We are NOT talking about it.

I am just going to have to face it. 85 is my 1RM. I have only hit 90 twice and now can’t repeat it. I get it off the chest and at about 90 degrees it stops dead in its tracks. Grrrrr!
But…that bitch will be mine by the end of March.

I know the setup is not still not right, so don’t be too hard on me Dave. :wink:

75 lbs: - YouTube

And Robbie the rooster says the sound effects are free! :joy::joy:

I’ll let Dave or Bulldog talk about the bench but to me it looked like you were good for a rep or 2 more.

Santy has been good. Oo nice shoulder width there. I love reading about your DIY gym, it is all so exciting.

Ok I just saw your DL PR during my flu-daze, congrats. It’s really hard to judge form on a max, but it got up. But I can say I would like to see more pulling exercises please, get some blood pumped to those lats.

Big improvement in your bench form lately. Now I think you need to change your bench programming up a bit. It seems you are trying to work up to a max each benching session.

I would like to see you do 4-5 sets of 6 to 8 reps for a month benching twice per week. Build up some additional muscle and dial in your form. Pick a weight you can get 8 reps on the first set with two left in the tank. Do it for all sets striving to hit 8 reps each set but if you go below 6 reps on any set drop the weight the following session.If you get all 5 sets with 8 reps raise the weight the following session.

After 4 weeks you can test again. You will get 90 maybe more.

Thanks OG, and yes I had a couple more, I just was trying to hit my mark, and missed. :rage:

Thanks MT. I have been trying to get back to pulling more. Will definitely try harder. :slight_smile:

Thank you Dave. Yes, I have tried twice in a row. Playing with the new bench. I am just aggrevated because I can’t do again. I was hitting it pretty hard a few weeks ago and backed off a bit. I will try a get my head out if my ass and get to work. :wink:

You’re doing well. Form is getting dialed in. I just think you would benefit strength wise by working in a higher rep range for a while.

1 Like

Will do boss! Thank you for all your help.

Ok I have to try harder myself :wink:

1 Like

No one could say you’re a slacker on here.

1/11/17
Wu= uh… I am just going with anger for the warm up this morning.

MP
5x10/bar

F.squat
5x5/75

Trap bar
5x10/120

Close sub grip lat pull
3x20/100

Woke up pissed off for no real reason. Should have saved the max attempt for today, probably could have done it.
There has been a mountain lion making the rounds around the place the last few months and I was calling here kity, kity, I could have whoopped her this morning :wink:

1 Like

In my mind, that’s debatable. I honestly don’t feel I am giving 100%… more like 80. I am definitely going to have to get my head on straight. :confounded:

:grin:

1 Like

Hahhaaa… Thanks Bulldog.

1 Like

Well luckily I didn’t have to call the fire dept to get my ass unstuck from the arbor, but it was a close. :flushed: but it certainly got rid of the mad I had going in this morning.