Engine Overhaul

:slight_smile:
:clap:
:+1:

1 Like

If you think last night’s storm was bad, get ready for the one coming from the East. (no kidding, the East. Quite the anomaly.)

1/4/17
Wu= jumping around like an idiot

MP
5x10/40
Not quite a SS but went as fast as I could 30 - 60 sec rest between
5x10/140. Trap bar

36 degrees this morning. Didn’t need a heater after the third set…lol

1 Like

You too? Girl after my own hart ! Heating up my garage as I type. 28 degrees here :disappointed:

1 Like

Hmmmm… First text I got this morning was the mailman telling me my new bench was at the post office. I get all excited to go get it, but have a 100 other things to do first. :disappointed: I go by the tire shop to see if they can just breakdown the tire and remount it because it’s leaking around the bead. Oh no, everybody is at lunch, Come back. So I ran the rest of the errands and went back and waited 45 mins, still no action. Now, I’m getting pissy. I want to play with my new toy!!! Grrrrr…
I end up just leaving, because I ain’t got all day. I promised my lil dude pizza. Finally got the pizza and had to stop at tractor supply, and while I was there I picked up a stall mat to put under my new bench. Happy Bday to me again. ( they are on sale by the way.) Got home, ate pizza, got everything ready for the 3 day winter and finally got to put my bench together. Throw the new sexy mat down and thought, " Oh hell yeah!" Uh… uh… hmmmmm… oh happy day turned in to, not so much. I can already tell this is going to hurt. It hurts my shoulders and really hurts my ass. :smirk: and that was just screwing around. Maybe the Lord didn’t make us all to bench press. :tired_face:

1 Like

1/6/17

Played with the new bench some more.
1x many / 55 finally found better foot placement.
I think once I make some height adjustments to the bar, I will be good to go. That and some Advil…:smirk:

MP
1x10/45
1x6/45
1x7/45
2x6/45

1/6/17

Round 2

Squats
Wu= 20 bw squat
20 Bulg split squats

Squat
1x10/85
1x5/95
1x5/105
1x5/115
1x5/105
1x5/95
1x10/85

1/6/17

Round 3

DL
5x5/125
3x3/145
2x2/165

What bench did you end up getting? I’m on my 3rd bench and I’m still in the hunt to find the ‘perfect’ bench. One was slightly too tall, another slightly too wide, and the third is too soft…I might just be a bit picky!

1 Like

I got a cheapy Marcy flat bench. 43" L 12"w 17" H. 300 lb capacity. I think it will be plenty for me. I am not expecting to bench 315 till next year :joy:

2 Likes

1/8/17
MP
Wu=1x10/35
1x7/35 btn

1x3/55
1x1/65 PR!
1x1/70 we’ll just call this a push oress
1x2/55
1x3/55

BP
1x5/55
1x5/65
1x3/75
1x1/85
0x1/90
1x3/75
1x2/75
1x1/75

Face pull
5x10/70 30 sec rest

Kneeling cable crunch
1x20/70
3x10/70

Totally stoked about the PR! Went up smooth like pudding Mater. The new bench and I are finally getting more comfortable with each other. It’s starting to grow on me, like a fungus. Okay, not really. I am starting to get the hang of it. Lame ass vids next week :smirk:

I did a favor for a guy this weekend, no NOT that kind of favor, I am helping him clean up a shed. Scored a nice little mig/ flux wire fed welder, along with some other tools. Look out boys and girls, no telling how wild this thing is going to get. This means I can weld my power rack together inside my gym. Bawhahahahaaaa…

2 Likes

That’s great CL! Good start to the year!

And a mig welder???!!!

Be still my heart! :wink:

Yes! I have been looking for one of those lil ones, because I am out space in my breaker box for another 220 breaker to run 220 to my gym, just to run the lincoln. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A PR and new tools make for a good weekend!

1 Like

Absolutely! Thanks Dave for all of your help.

1 Like

Be sure to have a spotter when you start heavy benches.

1 Like

1/9/17
Wu= 20 bw squat
20 bul split squat /ea
20 bridges

Squat
1x5/105
1x3/125. Don’t ask.
1x2/125
5x5/105

This was awful. I when I was unloading some of that stuff yesterday, I ended bruising the top of my quads. Ugh. Then I misloaded the bar. Just going to cut my losses and live to fight another day.

Thanks Biker, but this is a one man show. There isn’t a spotter within 15 miles. On a brighter note. I have gotten very proficient at throwing the missed reps off of me. :wink:

The safeties on that squat rack are better than any spotter if they are set at the correct height. If I can find it I will post video of the only time the false grip failed me benching.

380 pounds I believe. No spotters no matter how good would have been able to help. I was about four inches from lockout and it just came off the pads of my hand and went into freefall. Safties were set right and it just bounced off them so my only “injury” was pride. Oh and increased heart rate for the next hour or so.

2 Likes

Oh wow! I bet your heart was pounding. Did you read where NH ll had that happen just this weekend?

No. I hadn’t. I will look now!

1 Like