Engine Overhaul

11/26/16

MP
1x5/45
1x5/55
1x5/60
10x5/45

Inv. rows, bench dips, good mornings, sprinkled in the mix.

1 Like

I like the training every day, or almost every day approach CL.

I know sometimes your work schedule won’t allow it but I’ve found I can maintain intensity much better at this age doing shorter daily sessions than I can doing longer sessions 3 or 4 days per week.

The small back pack girl has made steady progress with those longer sessions but I can’t. Shorter sessions work for me.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving weekend.

I feel like I need to increase the frequency. One day a week on the main lifts was working okay, but I think I might benefit hitting them twice if possible. This week was kind if a trial run, and I definitely feel recovery was much better. If I can get time to straighten my stuff up, I am hoping to become more efficient with the time I have. Live and learn baby! It may take till I’m 90, but maybe someday I’ll get the hang of this.

2 Likes

11/28/16
Just a quickie.
17. Mins from start to finish

Squat
1x5/85
1x5/95
1x5/110

BP
1x5/55
1x5/65
1x5/70
1x4/70
1x3/70
1x2/70

Oh yeah! I’m smiling. BP getting better. Things were tight and it went up smooth like pudding Mater. Just a couple more days and I will have the extra stuff done. I am old fashioned I guess, because I still don’t understand why we have to have Christmas at Thanksgiving. Greedy bastards, that’s why!
Okay on another note… just in case Santa can bring me one more present… any ideas as to what would be of the most benefit? I am leaning towards a trap bar because I would like to incorporate some farmers carrys in this thing. I am thinking a trap bar would be multi-purpose in that aspect.

Dave?? This post is calling your name:)

1 Like

This has so much possibilities… :wink:

Glad to see the lifting settling back in.

1 Like

I just can’t imagine what you’re talking about. :smiling_imp: It was just a quick training session. You know, in and out. Someday I will tell you the bedtime story about the 2 Minute Wonder :wink:

1 Like

Nice work CL. Glad to hear bench is improving.

1 Like

Focus z-man. You should be in meet mode now.

After another successful z meet they will be lined up for 17 minute quickies at the high rise.

Thanks Dave, oh wise master if all things benching.

:joy::laughing:

something about that makes me laugh!

1 Like

12/5/16

BP
1x5/55
1x5/60
1x5/65
2x3/70
3x5/70
3x5/65
3x6/55

Squat
1x5/85
1x5/95
1x5/115
1x10/85

Hands healed up. Calves un sprung. Let’s get back to it. Everything felt good again this morning. Wanted to post a vid, but the weather is shit here. Just too dark. And it’s cold and raining! Or it was until I got to the squats, then I had too many clothes on…lol I was about to die of a heat stroke, so I missed the widowmaker set again this morning. I WILL get that S-O-B Friday.

Edit: I don’t understand how you choose a PLing federation. Do y’all all use the same one? Or which one holds meets closest to you? Etc… ?

1 Like

LOL… yeah its confusing starting out . My suggestion at this stage for you if you want to start is just finding one close to you… Just understand some feds are more respected than others.

Thanks Bulldog. The only ones I can find in the Austin area are USAP meets. The last one listed is April 8.

Surely there is something on the local level.

That Texas USPA meet would be just fine for you. Really looking forward to following your progression toward your first meet.

Thanks K, but I can’t do that one. Too many birthdays that week. :worried: That’s why I was looking for one in late summer or fall.

12/6/16

MP
1x5/40
1x5/45
1x5/50
10x5/40

DL
1x5/125
1x5/145
1x5/155
5x5/135

I have got to get this shit ironed out. Freezing cold, sun came out then hot, clouds came back in cold and windy. All in a hour. Theees eez no way no. Clothes on- clothes off- clothes on.

Look at the web site Powerlifting Watch the have a search function for meets

Thanks again Bulldog. That’s where I found the ones I found. I’ll keep looking. The 8th is my son’s bday. Don’t think any 12 yo would want to spend it with there crazy old mom at a powerlifting meet…lol

Does this have something to do with the 2 minute wonder story?

Or a new form of cross training?

:innocent: