T Nation

Energy

How do you folks deal with these “energy” flat spots, arising from low carbs I assume…

I had a bad one yesterday, real lethargic and cranky, good thing it wasn’t a training day. Is it just that I am adjusting to the lower carb diet? I know I also need work on meal spacing, I was 4+ hours apart due to work, instead of 2-3.

Ideas?

I would say that it’s definitely the meal spacing. It doesn’t matter how low I take my carbs, as long as I eat every few hours, my energy levels are fine. However, if something comes up and it’s another hour or two before I can eat, my energy levels go down faster than an actress trying to get her first big role.

Might this have to do with insulin resistance?

-Zulu

Lots of good fat helps make you feel full. Pot roast is awesome.

Eating frequently as mentioned is good, too.

Lots of sleep is great if you can, too.

I love it when people answer their own questions.

Sometimes its not taking your carbs low enough. Causes blood suger to be unstable, resulting in fatigue.
You need to make the shift. no way around it.

Hmm - the title of the thread should have read “Energy level while on T-Dawg 2.0”.

Anyhow, thanks for the tips, I will work on meal spacing and see if that helps. Also, it’s only my 3rd day on it, so I’m still transitioning to some extent.

Hmm - the title of the thread should have read “Energy level while on T-Dawg 2.0”.

Anyhow, thanks for the tips, I will work on meal spacing and see if that helps. Also, it’s only my 3rd day on it, so I’m still transitioning to some extent.