T Nation

Energy Work Before A Carb Meal

OK, so I've been following Dr. Berardi's plan of 3 P+C meals in the first half of the day and 3 P+F meals in the second half. I changed my workout schedule so that I eat a big breakfast around 7:30AM, work from 8:00 to 10:00 and workout from 10:30 to 11:30 or 12:00. I lift Monday Wednesday and Friday and I have 1/2 Surge before and 1/2 after and a P+C meal around 1:00. I do cardio Sunday,Tuesday and Thursday for 30 to 40 minutes.

So, here's my question. Today is a running day and I'm going out to dinner tonight at 7:00 for sushi (P+C) and had my big P+C breakfast as usual. I then had a P+F meal at 12:00 and thought I'd have another P+F around 3:00 and do some HIIT (6 or 7 400 meter sprints with 90 second slow jog intervals with slow jog warm up and cool down around 4 miles or 40 minutes total) at 5:00 PM. After I have a 260 cal Protein and Carb shake with some BCAA's before and after and a few grams of creatine. Does this make sense?

My reasoning was that I'd do my HIIT an hour or two before my planned P+C meal in hopes that some of those carbs would go to my depleted muscles instead of my gut. I usually always workout at 10:30 or 11:00 AM but delayed it today in hopes of actually using my nighttime carbs. Does this work for cardio? Is this something people do with lifting and/or energy work when they know they'll be having the irregulat P+C meal in the evening instead of P+F? I'm just wondering if adjusting a workout routine around an irregular evening P+C meal is constructive--or should I keep my eating and workout schedule the same and just say F-it, rice for everybody!
Thanks anyone in the know in advance.
-Dan

Thought I'd make this question simpler and bump it at the same time:
I usually lift and run at 10:30 AM a couple hours after a P+C meal and have all my P+F meals in the afternoon and evening. Yesterday was a HIIT day and I knew I was going out for a P+C sushi dinner. Instead of running at 10:30 in the morning I postponed my session until 5PM thinking that my 8PM rice-laden dinner would be more useful to my muscles instead of my gut being in the window of workout recovery.
Is this sound logic? That is, re-adjusting a workout time around the occasional evening P+C meal in hopes of shuttling some of those carbs to the muscles. Does this make sense for both lifting and energy work?