Energy Boost / Alcohol Replacer

Here’s my dilemma: I am a late-night bartender that is trying to completely refrain from drinking alcohol at all. On a moderately busy night I have no problem keeping myself straight. When my club slams though, it’s almost impossible to deal with hundreds of drunk idiots without some sort of substance ‘buffer’. I’m not very good at “just having one” either. So…would any Biotest products give me an energy boost for about 3-4 hours? I just received my first order of Power Drive and while it definitely works it’s more of a focusing type of supplement rather than an energizer. And lastly, I can’t just drink a buch of coffee/tea before my shift either. I’m one of those people that is fairly sensitive to caffeine and it can ruin a night of sleep for me even if consumed in the afternoon. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Rim

Caffine is an upper, Power-drive is an upper. Alcohol is a downer.

I don’t understand. Are you just looking to take any kind of substance? It seems weird that you would be asking for an energy boost and/or alcohol replacer.

RIT Jared

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:

I don’t understand. Are you just looking to take any kind of substance? It seems weird that you would be asking for an energy boost and/or alcohol replacer.

RIT Jared[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, I guess I wasn’t clear. Regardless of alcohol being a downer, I get an energy kick once I start to get a buzz. It is infinitely easier to serve drinks to annoying drunk people with this energy kick/buzz. My bodyfat is currently 13-14% and I’m trying to get it down to <10%. So…I don’t want to drink any alcohol at all but still need some sort of energizer to use while I bartend on super busy nights.

[quote]Riminator wrote:
RIT Jared wrote:

RIT Jared

Thanks for the reply, I guess I wasn’t clear. Regardless of alcohol being a downer, I get an energy kick once I start to get a buzz. It is infinitely easier to serve drinks to annoying drunk people with this energy kick/buzz. My bodyfat is currently 13-14% and I’m trying to get it down to <10%. So…I don’t want to drink any alcohol at all but still need some sort of energizer to use while I bartend on super busy nights.
[/quote]

Maybe when you get a buzz you are just in a good mood, (socializing more/more confident) and that picks up your energy level???

Danny

Danny,

Yea, that’s probably a more accurate description of what happens. Maybe an “anxiety-reducer” is what I’m after?

Rim

ps I have to admit that I haven’t yet tried using Power Drive in a social situation so maybe it would do the trick…

[quote]Dboy wrote:
Riminator wrote:
RIT Jared wrote:
Caffine is an upper, Power Drive is an upper. Alcohol is a downer.

RIT Jared

Maybe when you get a buzz you are just in a good mood, (socializing more/more confident) and that picks up your energy level???

Danny
[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean - I’m a student so I spend a bit of time in nightclubs and I work in one during term time too - It can be difficult when everybody else is fired up on alcohol but I’ve found aerobic exercise to be effective. When I start dancing I start to feel more and more energized initially. I suggest that you try ‘getting active’ in some way, erm… try skipping, dancing, press ups, jumping jacks whatever… seems to work for me!