Endurance Training Not Good!

[quote]Shadowzz4 wrote:
That makes total sense, people who push their bodies to the limit having problems because of it makes total sense. The saying “everything in moderation” goes a long way here… People think that just because someone is training their heart, even if it is to the maximum and beyond, they will be the model of fitness due to increased stroke volume, decreased heart rate etc…

Just because your heart is very healthy doesnt mean that you can beat the shit out of it and not suffer any ill effects… If someone has a high stroke volume and can work at near maximal levels due to a very high lactic acid threshold, the stress on the heart must be astronomical… And remember these arent your nice and fit 3 times a week runners, these are people that use their body like a car.[/quote]

It’s certainly a nice theory. But there’s plenty of evidence the other way.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
An interesting article from “Science News” regarding endurance training and the possible long term damage that it can do to your heart.

Is it true?

You be the judge!
[/quote]

I wonder what research on Mr. Olympia contestants would reveal about bodybuilding?

It would likely be just as relevant to most of us as this research is – which is none at all.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
ZEB wrote:
An interesting article from “Science News” regarding endurance training and the possible long term damage that it can do to your heart.

Is it true?

You be the judge!

I wonder what research on Mr. Olympia contestants would reveal about bodybuilding?

It would likely be just as relevant to most of us as this research is – which is none at all.[/quote]

Another good point. It wouldn’t even be relevant to high-level but non-elite endurance athletes, if the study indeed has merit.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Why those dirty liars!

Extreme endurance training IS good for you!

I wonder why they are lying?

(shaking head walking away)[/quote]

It’s just one study ZEB. Take it for what it’s worth.

It’s the same as someone putting an article on this site. That doesn’t make it gospel. Just simply a study that probably fits what the studier believed. Otherwise, he/she would not be so quick to decide that a study of less than 100 people carried any quantifiable weight.

OMG!!! OMG!!!

That’s it NO MORE CARDIO. If it is put in scientific form it MUST be true.

Also, I’m not going to do any more weights either. You guys ever heard of arthritis? High blood pressure? High protein being bad for the kidneys??

That’s it, I’m switching to golf! Or TV marathons.

Just kidding. Don’t take these studies too seriously. The correlation may not be that significant.

Did you hear about one of these psychological studies done last year… These chumps deduced that males giving women shiny gifts (remember!, this is the most important part!) at random intervals generated more attraction than the males who gave gifts predictably or not at all.

Everything is full of shit. Even science (though there is less).