Endurance/Hypertrophy Paradox

I am hoping Mr. Waterbury could give me some advice and/or possible critique my training plan based upon his endurance/hypertrophy paradox article.

Currently i sit at 19% percent bodyfat and stand 6’2 250lbs.
I am trying to increase my overall endurance, gpp, along with about a 5% bodyfat decrease while keeping as much strength and size as possible along with maybe gaining a little of both.

The workout i have constructed looks like this:

5 sets 4 reps 6RM 60s rest intervals
Day 1
Deadlift
Chinup
Dips
Acessory

Day 2
Endurance Strength Day from TTT

Day 3 same parameters as day one
Squat
Dumbell Incline Row
Barbell Bench
Acessory

I also plan on decreasing my rest periods by 5 seconds on days 1 and 3 similiar to your osc program.

I’ll also be doing medium intensity cardio for 20 minutes on my off days

A care accident sidelined me for about two years so over the course of the last eight months i have bee trying to get back on track. I am toying with the idea of more volume but anything after 20 sets really seems to burn me out even though i never work to completely failure. My first bout of TTT and BBB proved to be just to much for my recovery ability and i only lasted about two weeks on each program

Any suggest would could give would be appreciated along with any rep and set schemes especially your thoughts on an appropiate amount of volume or maybe you could suggest and order of programs i should follow based on the work you have completed here at T-Nation, if that would be easier

Again thanks in advance for any help,
Your loyal subject,
Brandon

[quote]brotzfrog10 wrote:
I am hoping Mr. Waterbury could give me some advice and/or possible critique my training plan based upon his endurance/hypertrophy paradox article.

Currently i sit at 19% percent bodyfat and stand 6’2 250lbs.
I am trying to increase my overall endurance, gpp, along with about a 5% bodyfat decrease while keeping as much strength and size as possible along with maybe gaining a little of both.

The workout i have constructed looks like this:

5 sets 4 reps 6RM 60s rest intervals
Day 1
Deadlift
Chinup
Dips
Acessory

Day 2
Endurance Strength Day from TTT

Day 3 same parameters as day one
Squat
Dumbell Incline Row
Barbell Bench
Acessory

I also plan on decreasing my rest periods by 5 seconds on days 1 and 3 similiar to your osc program.

I’ll also be doing medium intensity cardio for 20 minutes on my off days

A care accident sidelined me for about two years so over the course of the last eight months i have bee trying to get back on track. I am toying with the idea of more volume but anything after 20 sets really seems to burn me out even though i never work to completely failure. My first bout of TTT and BBB proved to be just to much for my recovery ability and i only lasted about two weeks on each program

Any suggest would could give would be appreciated along with any rep and set schemes especially your thoughts on an appropiate amount of volume or maybe you could suggest and order of programs i should follow based on the work you have completed here at T-Nation, if that would be easier

Again thanks in advance for any help,
Your loyal subject,
Brandon
[/quote]

Your program definitely looks sufficient. In addition, I recommend that you add 2-3 minutes to each subsequent cardio session until you reach 40 minutes.

But, without proper nutrition, you’ll never lose any appreciable amount of fat. Therefore, follow the T-Dawg 2.0 or V-Diet with Maximum Strength HOT-ROX to ensure accelerated fat loss.