Endogenous GH Secretion & Insulin

[EDIT LATER: SORRY, I MUST HAVE MISSED Berardi’S ARTICLES ON POST-WORKOUT NUTRITION…]

I’ve always read that insulin spikes suppress GH secretion - and one reason why keeping insulin levels steady is important (not to mention anti-inflammatory/general health/etc.)

I understand that raising insulin peri-workout is good for glycogen replenishment/recovery, etc - but if one of the benefits of anaerobic training is the increase in endogenous GH, aren’t we also dampening this critical benefit?

Just wondering. Thanks!!

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:
[EDIT LATER: SORRY, I MUST HAVE MISSED Berardi’S ARTICLES ON POST-WORKOUT NUTRITION…][/quote]

Oh you…

…And I didn’t mention Barr’s articles on post workout nutrition cause you’d have to be a freakin’ idiot to miss them.

I want to add that maximizing hormonal response isn’t always ideal for muscle growth. Optimizing our nutrition, and subsequently our biochemistry, is.

This is a critical point on which The Anabolic Index is based.

Monsieur Barr, very interesting, thanks so much.

I’m currently absorbing your articles. Your really making me loose my mind ;-0

Seriously, my little brain is finding it rather difficult adjusting (errr… undergoing a major gestalt shift?) to the new nutritional (and bewilderingly complex) universe you’re laying out there - or, at least it’s new to me - I’m afraid I’ve been proceeding on 1990’s atkins ideas.

It’s like going from Newton to cracking open a book on quantum mechanics. Yikes!

I’m very new to this site and very glad to have found it. Anyway thanks for all your lively and fascinating pieces. Where can I find The Anabolic Index? - you’ve mentioned in past threads that it’s forthcoming… As a fellow writer, I plead guilty to making liberal use of that most suggestive & powerful of words, “forthcoming”… Hah!

Cheers!