Endo Said He Couldn't Help. Advice?

Yesterday, I had an appointment with an endocrinologist. He just went over my labs and told me he couldn’t help me. My T was 385 and my thyroid was normal-- he said everything was basically normal, so he wouldn’t recommend any type of pharma for what I’m experiencing.

I’m a 50 yr old male. No energy. Tired when I wake up, even after 8 hrs. of sleep. Muscle seems to be falling off of me. Little strengthen.

About 3 yrs ago, my doc put me on test cream. Good for about 8 months, then prostate got big and pissing 3 and 4 times a night. Doc took me off and that was it. No recommendation for a replacement for T cream.

I’m looking for something to help me with the energy loss and muscle/ strengthen loss. I’m considering a sarm, but they seem too expensive. Any and all advice is appreciated.

No mention of FT, SHBG or anything else other than TT, looking only at TT is not looking at the full picture. You need a new doctor and I’m sorry to say most are clueless when it comes to male hormones. Doctors often only look at labs and this is a mistake because they are ignoring the symptoms, it would be quite different if you weren’t presenting with any symptoms. Your labs indicated you’re low normal, far from average or optimal.

If you want to cut through the clueless doctors you might try Defy Medical, they are trained in recognising the symptoms and don’t solely focus on labs. You are biochemically unique and what’s low for you might not be low for someone else, doctors fail to recognise this basic concept. Defy medical is on average $100 per month and some insurance companies reimburse for labs, canceling your cable service if money is tight is not a bad idea if it means feeling like you’re in your 20’s again.

You need to post all of your labs with ranges.

Doctors are the problem, they only feel that they can help if you have a disease.

Thyroid lab ranges are insane at best and we have helped a lot of guys here with “normal” thyroid labs. You may be having problems if not using iodized salt. Please self eval via oral body temperatures as suggested below.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

If you tested in the AM like you are suppose to… 385 is your peak total test, As the day goes on, it decreases. I have never done testing to see exactly how much. So at the end of the day, you may be much lower than 385