T Nation

Endgame for Israel

The sad thing is that despite their religious differences, the jews and palestinians share the same historic heritage, that is they both are Semitic.

Ren,

That’s a nice thought (honestly), but the “Semitic” relationship is just a linguistic one…it refers to origins of language, and that’s about all Arabs and Jews of the middle East seem to have in common right now, other than geographic location and hate for one another. Not trying to be sarcastic here, just honest.

It has been said that this whole conflict can be dated back to Abraham’s two sons, Isaac and Ishmael. Read Genesis 16-24 for this information.

Basically, the Arab people can trace their roots to the decendants of Ishmael.

Genesis 16:11-12 says,
"The angel of the Lord also said to her: “You are now with child and you will have a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the Lord has heard of your misery. He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.”

Isaac’s offspring turned into the the 12 tribes of Israel. Judah, one of the 12 tribes, is supposedly what we refer to as the “Jews” of today.

There will be true peace in the Middle East in the future, but not until our Lord returns.

The wall is a solution. It is not a perfect solution by any means but surely it is better than killing until one side is defeated or eliminated. After all you might not be on the winning side?

Just pick a fair boarder and stick to it. It should reflect the demographics of the area now. Not historical claims going back to 50, 100, let alone 1000 or 3000 years ago.

It is not a perfect solution. The Arabs will not get to push the Jews into the sea and have Palestine from River (i.e. Jordan) to the Sea (i.e. Mediterranean). The Jews will not get ALL the land that their god promised them (BTW how far east does this go?). And the Christian Zionists will not get their cherished Armageddon that will bring forth the Second Coming and the Kingdom of God. But life is a series compromises.

About Jerusalem? More blood has been shed per square meter of Jerusalem than anyway else. Just work something out in regard to access to the holy sites.

Just a question for my own ignorance. Do the Arabs hate Sephardic Jews (i.e. Jews from the Middle East) as well as Ashkenazic Jews?

About the UN:

I think a lot of people around the world a against various international organisations. For example the UN, IMF, World Bank, Bank of International Settlements. These are undemocratic bodies that no one voted into existence. And as such have no legitimate claim to be the rulers of freemen anywhere.

Keep the international sporting bodies and get rid of the rest.

Littlejay, I learn a lot from your posts, so THANKS!!

And, a bone to pick: I take exception to overgeneralizations like “they both hate each other.” Of course, there is a significant degree of hatred on both sides. But I disapprove of making it sound like there’s an equivalency.

Certainly, the actions of the Arabs have been far more despicable than that of the Jews. Judging by appearances, the Arabs seem to me to be far more consumed by hatred than the Jews. But this is just my speculation, so I would prefer to focus on ACTIONS than MOTIVES. And, regarding actions, the Arabs have a lot more to be ashamed about than the Jews, IMAO (in my arrogant opinion).

Daisy Cutter–
I raise you…M.O.A.B

bluey asks:
“Just a question for my own ignorance. Do the Arabs hate Sephardic Jews (i.e. Jews from the Middle East) as well as Ashkenazic Jews?”

Yes.