End The War On Drugs

Fuck the war on drugs.

On a lighter note, The American Medical Association recently admitted that pot does indeed have legitimate medical purposes. This is a small step in the right direction.

I’m very conflicted on the idea of legalizing drugs. I have two brothers who have had their lives adversely affected by drugs…I do believe that marijuana is a gateway drug. I know there are some people who do not cross over to other drugs from marijuana, but I bet there are even more people that do.

To follow up on my comment, yes…my brothers had no problem acquiring the drugs with them being illegal…

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Mad HORSE wrote:
Um…PWI?

Who the hell goes in there anymore?

I mean besides far right Fox news bj’ers?

LOL!

Seriously… the war on drugs will never be won, just like the war on terror will never be won.
It’s called TERRORISM, Duh!

[/quote]

The only way to win a wars is to profit from it

[quote]adamhum wrote:
I’m very conflicted on the idea of legalizing drugs. I have two brothers who have had their lives adversely affected by drugs…I do believe that marijuana is a gateway drug. I know there are some people who do not cross over to other drugs from marijuana, but I bet there are even more people that do.[/quote]

I also have a brother that passed away from addiction. With him it was alcohol. In being honest with myself and such i faced the truth that some people are born to be addicted. It’s their personality. Especially if they’re not happy with their lives.

People like that get addicted to anything. Sex, food, alcohol, Cannabis, Pain Medications, etc etc…

Unfortunate but true.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Mad HORSE wrote:
Um…PWI?

Who the hell goes in there anymore?

I mean besides far right Fox news bj’ers?

LOL!

Seriously… the war on drugs will never be won, just like the war on terror will never be won.
It’s called TERRORISM, Duh!

The only way to win a wars is to profit from it

[/quote]

And so this begs the question. Who makes the profit? I’d bet it’s the people who cut the blank check for the war loan and then the loosing side which gets straddled with the wining side’s debts to be repaid for war costs.

The Elites will never let go of their poppy growing operations in Afghanistan. They addicted an entire country (china) to it. And when they tried to say “we’ve had enough of your drugs” a whole WAR broke out. Drugs are a serious business and the foundation of the Elite’s Profits.

GOD - Gold Oil Drugs. It’s what they worship.

It will never end short of a revolution. This is now a self perpetuating business cycle. There are judges, police man, private armies or prison guards and of course private prisons now. It’s a Giant machine that will fight for it’s survival.

Good read, I definatley concur with it.

It is essentially economics, and since the potential backlash of distrubting drugs is extermely high, the price goes up. Combine that with a highly addictive product, you have a recipe for addiction crime and poverty. One gets addicted, one quickly loses money to said addiction because of the price of its inherent danger. Then said addict commmits crime to achieve funding for habit.

In The Wire they say “follow the money trail”, only to see the consequences of that shit fall back on good police work. If it was indeed possible to follow the money you would see some very clean, well connected rich people go down in a hurry. Their political interest is in NOT legalizing this. Specifically in major urban centers with high drug trafficking. How about Marion Barry smoking crack, or that former mayor of detroit. Tell me these people got to their offices by their ebulliant nature…

Ive done a few things in my day, but hell nothing was as addictive as chewing tobacco. And thats legal. My best friends father is a doctor, and sees many benefits to cannabis use, this draconian bullshit on unfounded facts deters real progress at the name of social fear. Fear of the unknown. Gotta love that status quo because things are so good right now that soldiers get to gaurd poppy fields in Afghanistan.

I remember watching the news a few weeks back which had a 10 minute segment devoted to this girl in nassau new york who died of a heroin overdose. She was a cheerleader and she was white, and all of a sudden heroin is a problem? How many black people die each day from heroin and nobody gives a fuck.

The stigma attached to seeking treatment or having prior use prevents people who could be legiatmatley good from obtaining a decent job. Thus the vicious cycle continues in this bullshit laden hypocrisy. Fuck, our past two presidents blew coke.

Again another item that ticks me off and could be handled with a measured approach. Why is everything called “war on” anyway. It seems like lately anytime we label something a war we get involved, spend too much time and money, and then have no fucking clue how to get out.

Unraveling this one could easily be started by decrimanilizing possesion of certian drugs.

[quote]BigJawnMize wrote:
Again another item that ticks me off and could be handled with a measured approach. Why is everything called “war on” anyway. It seems like lately anytime we label something a war we get involved, spend too much time and money, and then have no fucking clue how to get out.

Unraveling this one could easily be started by decrimanilizing possesion of certian drugs.[/quote]

For some reason (o)(o) I just cant help but agree with everything you say. (o)(o) I can’t put my finger on it and I wouldn’t ask me to repeat anything you said because (o)(o) I probably coudn’t do it.

(o)(o)

V

Most drugs should be legalized.

[quote]Producer wrote:

[/quote]

aw hell, most AAS should be legalized.

[quote]BluePfaltz wrote:
Producer wrote:

aw hell, most AAS should be legalized.[/quote]

With appropriate doctor supervision.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
adamhum wrote:
I’m very conflicted on the idea of legalizing drugs. I have two brothers who have had their lives adversely affected by drugs…I do believe that marijuana is a gateway drug. I know there are some people who do not cross over to other drugs from marijuana, but I bet there are even more people that do.

I also have a brother that passed away from addiction. With him it was alcohol. In being honest with myself and such i faced the truth that some people are born to be addicted. It’s their personality. Especially if they’re not happy with their lives.

People like that get addicted to anything. Sex, food, alcohol, Cannabis, Pain Medications, etc etc…

Unfortunate but true. [/quote]

Gregus has it right here. Some people are just escapists. Some just need the high, whether it be from drugs or something else. From the addicts that I have seen mess up their lives, it is almost always completely their fault, not the drugs. And most were already on a destructive path before they even considered pot.

Very well written original post. It is just way easier to say if you think that the war on drugs is necessary and/or working then you are a fucking moron.