End of the World. Prove Me Wrong

[quote]orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
The Mage wrote:
… no more beer.

Every year life on Earth gets better, and yet every year the number of doomsday scenarios keeps climbing.

NO MORE BEER???

Only wine.

French wine.

[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
The Mage wrote:
… no more beer.

Every year life on Earth gets better, and yet every year the number of doomsday scenarios keeps climbing.

NO MORE BEER???

Only wine.

French wine.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![/quote]

Yea, french wine sucks. I much prefer Spanish, Hungarian, Australian, Peruvian, American, or Chilian. Other than that, I can happily sustain on wine, but I think central europe would crumble with out beer. People would commit suicide on the streets.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
The Mage wrote:
… no more beer.

NO MORE BEER???

Only wine.

French wine.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yea, french wine sucks. I much prefer Spanish, Hungarian, Australian, Peruvian, American, or Chilian. Other than that, I can happily sustain on wine, but I think central europe would crumble with out beer. People would commit suicide on the streets.[/quote]

only the weak ones.

The rest will thrive on beer and pretzels.

[quote]Chickenmcnug wrote:

Unfortunately, the earth’s current population is hovering at around 6.6 billion and quickly rising. [/quote]

It is impossible for the population to both hover AND rise quickly at the same time.

Therefore - you are wrong.

There, done.

[quote]orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
The Mage wrote:
… no more beer.

NO MORE BEER???

Only wine.

French wine.

[/quote]

Is that the same thing as Freedom wine?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
The Mage wrote:
… no more beer.

NO MORE BEER???

Only wine.

French wine.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![/quote]

Hahaha, exactly!

[quote]Chickenmcnug wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arable_land[/quote]

Land which can be used for farming? I’m confused on how there’s a connection here. The farm land which is in the center of our country shouldn’t be affected by rising waters. I fail to see our land being salted, unless by enemies. I do see an argument for farmland being rendered unusable due to pollution, if that’s what you meant by salted.

[quote]I understand how crop rotation works. Some crops (corn, cotton)…are not going to help this. Furthermore, there are plenty of underdeveloped countries that don�??t have the means or the knowledge to take advantage of this. [/quote] Crop rotation is not a new concept. Underdeveloped countries like Africa probably do it the same way they�??ve been doing it for thousands of years.

[quote]You split up my statement to make a point. Did you not read the part about photosynthesis? Do you even know how that works? [/quote] No explain to me the conversion of sunlight, CO2 and H2O in to C6H12O6, with their byproduct being o2.

You said forests are the lungs of the Earth. And this is not true. Algae, Kelp and all sorts of other plant life inhabit the oceans of Earth. Earth is covered in 71% water. Around 2% of that is found in glaciers and the icecaps. The rest of the water is usable. The ocean processes the CO2, plants on land do too. Forests are not the sole processors and are definitely not the bulk processors.

Speculations. But I don’t understand how you can speculate we will spin off in to nothingness simply due to not having polar icecaps or an atmosphere or somehow our density being affected. The Earth has existed longer without the icecaps and the atmosphere (as we know it). Additionally our density is probably only decreased when we send objects in to space. And I’m sure we gain more density back when we are bombarded daily by meteors.

There are few possible ways for us to break free of our orbit. The only way we fly off in to nothingness is if we have an event that pretty much blasts us out of our orbit around the Sun. Simply put; we would probably be dead long before we broke free of our orbit.

Everything and everyone is going to die on 12-21-12 anyway.

You were doing all right until you misspelled Iraq.

If we conclude that the Mayan calender is the most accurate calender. Accordingly, there will be “a rejuvination” somewhere around the winter solistice.

If we conclude that the current calender (by all estimates) is 3 to 4 yrs off.

The following hypothesis could have sound ground to theory.

Somewhere between the Autumn equinox of '08 and either the early or later parts of the winter solistic of '09. The rejuvination will take place. But, the World will not end!
Just look a little different and feel a little different. The genus species that is Homosapian (a parasite, as some would call)and a lot of the creature’s (genus species). Will still be here.

My faith is strong enough to believe that G-d would not destroy the master piece which is the “Big Blue Marble” Earth. Just doing a little scheduled P.M.

Therefore, the World would not end. Allowing us to drink “More Beer”.

kudos to dictionary.com.

[quote]pat36 wrote:

Yea, french wine sucks. I much prefer Spanish, Hungarian, Australian, Peruvian, American, or Chilian. Other than that, I can happily sustain on wine, but I think central europe would crumble with out beer. People would commit suicide on the streets.[/quote]

You forgot to mention South Africa. They make good wine.

Oh no. The world will not end. The planet is very hardy. Seen the effects of the meteorites all over the surface?

There’s a couple of really big ones. One in Quebec, and one in Mexico I believe.

Point is, the planet can survive alot of environmental damage.

Civilization may defiently be cut down to size, and worst case scenario if conditions change too drastically dissapear… but the environment/planet will be here in some form.

[quote]kaaleppi wrote:
You forgot to mention South Africa. They make good wine.[/quote]

So does Chile.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Please people…the Earth will ultimately rid of us like a bad case of fleas. It is arrogant to think we can save the planet, and it is also foolish to think we can destroy it.

We are insignificant to the “survival” of Earth. The Earth will be just fine.

Now the people surviving on Earth…that’s another story. [/quote]

Carlin fan? If so, you probably know why Earth wanted us in the first place…

Rape bitches on the last day?

(I’m responding to the title of the thread)

[quote]Jerkwad wrote:

Carlin fan? If so, you probably know why Earth wanted us in the first place…[/quote]

PLASTIC, asshole!”

That was a great routine.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Jerkwad wrote:

Carlin fan? If so, you probably know why Earth wanted us in the first place…

PLASTIC, asshole!”

That was a great routine.[/quote]

I like his Baseball vs Football and how pussified Baseball rules are vs football.

Take a shit and take a piss is good too.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Please people…the Earth will ultimately rid of us like a bad case of fleas. It is arrogant to think we can save the planet, and it is also foolish to think we can destroy it.

We are insignificant to the “survival” of Earth. The Earth will be just fine.

Now the people surviving on Earth…that’s another story. [/quote]

Couldn’t agree more.