End of CrossFit?

Or better still, in their own homes.

Any PR is still good PR to (especially washed up) celebrities.

I understand what you are saying, but then again, not.

I guess he was a little flip, but I donā€™t see anything wrong with what he said.

Hence why, as a director of several public companies, I have ZERO social media profiles, excepting this semi-anonymous message board. I wouldnā€™t want to accidentally say something which would hurt the companies or the people who work there.

And then it hit me why this outrage mob exists. You either tow the woke party line or you and yours gets destroyed. Itā€™s to chill all public speech unless approved by the Party.

Thatā€™s some shit straight out of China, the USSR, or Goebbels wet dreams.

And then I am outraged.

I guess more people need to stand up and not care what the mob says. Eventually there will be a revolt.

5 Likes

This is where weā€™ve been trending for quite a few years now. Thereā€™s really no more pretending this isnā€™t the case. We have our American Red Guard, shaping up right in front of our eyes.

Do as we say, or else.

The Apology Hunters are ready and willing to dig up everything you ever posted on the internet and hold you responsible for that 12 year-old drunken tweet.

Show me the man and Iā€™ll show you the crime.

2 Likes

Next thing you know we will have the president essentially designating harmless old men as terrorist on his twitter feed

1 Like

I doubt the Apology Hunters would have any problems finding objectionable tweets from Trump.

Unlike some regular schmo, they canā€™t get him fired or ruin his life.

1 Like

Iā€™d be much more worried about the president designating me a member of a terrorist organization than a woke 13 year old being angry I said the wrong thing. Thatā€™s just me though

Fair enough. Are there any other steps you think should be taken, or is adopting a general state of worry adequate?

I donā€™t know, look at Drew Brees.

Has this happened and I missed it?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1270333484528214018?s=20

He has designated Antifa a terrorist organization, and now is labeling this guy a member (with a few wiggle words for plausible deniability)

Edit: itā€™s not showing up here but click that tweet and itā€™ll take you there

Any other steps taken for what?

Addressing your concerns about POTUS tweets and their implications.

I guess the same ones you are taking about being sought out by the Apology Hunters should work.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t mention any specific actions or suggest how concerned one should be with regards to outrage mobs vs other areas of concern. I donā€™t see how being concerned with one thing requires an examination or an explanation of how concerned one is with the current POTUS, but Iā€™ve gotten used to this new phenomenon.

If Iā€™m to say something bad about the weather, or anything not related to Trump, I need to be sure to preface it by saying how much worse Trump is than the weather, or whatever it is I have something bad to say about.

Thatā€™s how weā€™re supposed to play the game, right?

Be real, dude.

Repeatedly make comments about the left, and then get defensive when somebody mentions that the right - namely, the leader of the right - is doing the exact same thing.

The funny thing is, you preface nothing by saying Trump is the same or worse, but act as if youā€™re made to do it constantly.

This is a silly reaction to what he wrote - asking if he has a plan of action, complaining that you have to say Trump is worse.

The point is, itā€™s ridiculous to complain about the dangerous actions of a party when the party in power is doing the exact same thing, and itā€™s disingenuous to make snippy remarks when someone points that out to you.

Yup. When you and another poster are drawing equivalencies between the left and communism/fascism, and someone points out that the president is labeling people terrorists to suit his own agenda a la classic dictator tactics, you can at the very least just step back and think about how similar that is to the same thing you were just talking about.

False outrage, indeed.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think any actions need to be taken against the apology hunters because those are private citizens making choices about who to support with their time, energy, and money. Standard right wing principles. Plan accordingly for however you personally want to deal with them. Iā€™ll take my chances living the way Iā€™m currently living.

Now, I DO have problems with the president(a government official with the power to imprison people) witnessing a peaceful protester get injured by the police and having the response to label him a member of a terror organization. Might that stifle free speech in the future? Might that cause other protestors to not want to exercise their first amendment?

Do you see the difference? Which one do you think the people should be more concerned about? One of them is a pretty clear violation of the spirit of the first amendment while one is public citizens talking to and about each other.

You seem very concerned about the first one and show almost no concern about the second one, which is actually a problem.

2 Likes

To be clear - I agree that the false outrage from the left is damaging and fascist in nature.

I just think responding to Lonnie pointing out the same thing in that manner was uncalled for and irrational.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s only so many ways I can write ā€œTrump says and does dumb things, especially on Twitterā€. I can write a lot more about policy, which is what I tend to focus on. As much as Iā€™d like to hate Trumpā€™s policies because I donā€™t like his tweets, I have a hard time finding many policies I donā€™t like.

Outrage mobs are not just a twitter thing, their ideas are reflected in policy changes weā€™re seeing right now and my everyday interactions with people in my life. Religious fervor is sweeping my friends and family. I have to be very careful what I say right now. In fact, failing to say the correct words is now seen as a sign of racism by some. This is reality. Right now.

Major municipalities are voting to disband the police force. People I know personally are demanding that cops I know personally kneel in front of them, and then getting angry when they donā€™t. What will they do to me if I donā€™t agree to kneel? What reaction can I expect when I tell my friends that I donā€™t support BLM policy goals?

But yes, Trump said something stupid the other day. I find that concerning, and will take it into consideration when it is time to vote for the President.

1 Like

Would you rather be seen, falsely, as a rascist but someone you know or labeled as a terrorist, falsely, by the president? (After the police gave you a head Injury)

Iā€™ve already had the former happen to me. My crime? Bouncing an asshole who happened to be black.

I suppose Iā€™d need to receive my terrorist designation by the president to tell you which is worse. I was on some kind of list after 9/11, but it just meant I was searched thoroughly every time I flew for several years.

What happened to the guy he accused of terrorism anyway? Did he get taken out with a drone strike or something?