End of an Era.....Adios, Stern!

I travel to US frequently, the best thing about the trip being that I can watch and listen to howard stern, hes fuckin hillarious.

[quote]TheSicilian wrote:
Fuck Stern, goodbye and good riddance.[/quote]

Agreed! He was kid of funny but his adolecent topics got old and were plain stupid and should not be on a radio when my six year old can tune into.

Not to mention how fucked he is in the political debate arena.

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
As usual, an O&A fan can’t resist knociking the best.

Stern is the T-Nation of morning radio…O&A are more like Flex or Men’s fitness. Decent but, come on, get sirius here. [/quote]

O&A over stern any day.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
TheSicilian wrote:
Fuck Stern, goodbye and good riddance.

Agreed! He was kid of funny but his adolecent topics got old and were plain stupid and should not be on a radio when my six year old can tune into.

Not to mention how fucked he is in the political debate arena. [/quote]

Stern was funny when I was 16yrs. Now he is just a classless retard.

Gilbert is one of my favorites. His ridiculous impressions of a rabbi doing a prayer in Hebrew and Dracula Godffried were great. Daniel Carver doing reviews of Guess Who?s Coming to Dinner, Booyz n the Hood etc. Jackie looking for his Jetty, Jackie?s apology to Nancy for being in the hot tub with Jessica Hahn.

Underdog lady playing Howiewierd squares with Gene Rayburn, Sam Kinison talking about sleeping with both Malika and Sabrina. US open sores tennis tournament at Nassau Coliseum where Robin played Daren the foot licker in order to stop him from harassing her?

I’m The Slime

I am gross and perverted
I’m obsessed 'n deranged
I have existed for years
But very little had changed
I am the tool of the Government
And industry too
For I am destined to rule
And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
But you can’t look away
I make you think I’m delicious
With the stuff that I say
I am the best you can get
Have you guessed me yet?
I am the slime oozin’ out
From your TV set

You will obey me while I lead you
And eat the garbage that I feed you
Until the day that we don’t need you
Don’t go for help…no one will heed you
Your mind is totally controlled
It has been stuffed into my mold
And you will do as you are told
Until the rights to you are sold

That’s right, folks…
Don’t touch that dial

Well, I am the slime from your video
Oozin’ along on your livin’room floor

I am the slime from your video
Can’t stop the slime, people, lookit me go

Frank Zappa 1973

We haven’t been able to listen to Howard Stern down here since he said something bad about Selena.

Is Stern’s show still going to be on E? If so, no reason to pay for Sirius. Seeing those girls is half the point anyhow. I actually really don’t like Sirius. It’s going to force us all to pay for radio someday. Radio will become like tv. Regular radio will become like basic cable-three stations. And if you want anything decent for your morning and evening commute, you’ll be forced to pay.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Is Stern’s show still going to be on E? If so, no reason to pay for Sirius. Seeing those girls is half the point anyhow. I actually really don’t like Sirius. It’s going to force us all to pay for radio someday. Radio will become like tv. Regular radio will become like basic cable-three stations. And if you want anything decent for your morning and evening commute, you’ll be forced to pay.[/quote]

regular radio is crap homogenized and has killed itself because of it. personally i don’t mind paying for something as long as it’s worth it.
i like sirius, xm is good too, i think they’re do a great job and you get alot for your money.

you’re right to be cautious though cause right now the product is great, the business is on the upswing, and they’re still quite hungry. so get while the gettin’s good -next few years anyway- 'cause the time will come when “rising costs” (greed) will make them put their foot on the value scale and they will try and slide us less product or lower quality product or combination of the two for the same or even more money. the danger being most people in america are perfectly happy recieving less for their money, less for less money, and even less for more money. as long as you don’t tell them about it.

So how many of you are getting Sirius radios this Christmas?

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
TJN713 wrote:
Please! Stern’s daily life is so far removed from the experiences of the average reader of this website that he has become absolutely unrelateable and a bad parody of his former, hungry self. The guy is 51, tries to act and dress like he’s 25, and has become paranoid and lazy beyond belief. He’s the Muscle and Fitness of morning radio: no substance, tired bits, and full of bad information. Have fun paying for new content three hours a day, four days a week, 9 months a year.

Nice job of responding to the points I made. Way easier to make a backhanded insult than actually try to respond in an informed manner.

What points did you make beside going off on a tangent and voicing your easily recognizable preference of O&A?

He may be tired to you but there are $500 million other reasons as to why he isnt tired.[/quote]

God why is this every idiot’s response to an argument? Just because he makes a lot of money doesn’t mean his stuff is genius. Gallagher was also popular at one time. So were Roseanne and Rosie O’Donnell.

And as for his show on E, it’s of much lower quality than his radio program. The whole thing pretty much consists of him making fun of strippers and telling women to take their clothes off. It’s blurred out anyways, so what’s the point?

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
TJN713 wrote:
Please! Stern’s daily life is so far removed from the experiences of the average reader of this website that he has become absolutely unrelateable and a bad parody of his former, hungry self. The guy is 51, tries to act and dress like he’s 25, and has become paranoid and lazy beyond belief. He’s the Muscle and Fitness of morning radio: no substance, tired bits, and full of bad information. Have fun paying for new content three hours a day, four days a week, 9 months a year.

Nice job of responding to the points I made. Way easier to make a backhanded insult than actually try to respond in an informed manner.

What points did you make beside going off on a tangent and voicing your easily recognizable preference of O&A?

He may be tired to you but there are $500 million other reasons as to why he isnt tired.

God why is this every idiot’s response to an argument? Just because he makes a lot of money doesn’t mean his stuff is genius. Gallagher was also popular at one time. So were Roseanne and Rosie O’Donnell.

And as for his show on E, it’s of much lower quality than his radio program. The whole thing pretty much consists of him making fun of strippers and telling women to take their clothes off. It’s blurred out anyways, so what’s the point?
[/quote]

Nice…glad you’re intelligence and ability to think as you go is amazing!

The reason I said there are $500 million reasons why is…there is obviously a reason he got that money. If he’s “tired” he would NOT have been paid that. Just because you and your little friends think he’s tried doesnt mean he is. Fortunately the world doesnt revolve around you and your opinion.

[quote]doogie wrote:
We haven’t been able to listen to Howard Stern down here since he said something bad about Selena.[/quote]

Wasn’t his point about Selena that getting shot was good for her career
since no one had heard of her before that?

[quote]PGA200X wrote:

The reason I said there are $500 million reasons why is…there is obviously a reason he got that money. If he’s “tired” he would NOT have been paid that. Just because you and your little friends think he’s tried doesnt mean he is. Fortunately the world doesnt revolve around you and your opinion.[/quote]

You want to make a bet? Sirius made a huge gamble and the verdict is still out if it will pay off. See http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB113460508768422856-b85FXOg1WZFZfV29N0AYmYoGe9A_20061214.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top

Will Enough People
‘Give’ Howard Stern
To Boost Sirius Sales? (12/14/05)

Excerpts:

But amid a crucial holiday season for Sirius, the fledgling satellite-radio provider faces a problem: Despite the hoopla surrounding Mr. Stern, rival XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. still has a 70% market share in satellite radio and is continuing to sign up far more customers.

But it will have disadvantages, too. Mr. Stern is bound to lose millions of listeners who don’t want to buy a satellite radio and shell out the $13 monthly subscription fee. And he won’t be able to draw on the years of old material, including celebrity interviews, that he’ll lose access to when he no longer works for Infinity.

Talkers, a trade publication, estimates Mr. Stern has eight million regular fans; other estimates are as high as 12 million. If one-quarter of them subscribe to Sirius this season – or convince someone to give it to them as a gift – that would give Sirius two million to three million new customers. Many analysts estimate that Sirius will pull in far fewer than that. Ms. Furukawa, the Citigroup analyst, predicts some 865,000 new subscribers for Sirius for the entire fourth quarter, compared with 980,000 for XM.

“Clearly, Stern is not the nuclear event that some anticipated, given the size of his contract and the press attention he’s received,” says Hugh Panero, chief executive of XM. “We expect our competitor to see improvements in certain markets where his show is popular.”

[quote]swivel wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
Is Stern’s show still going to be on E? If so, no reason to pay for Sirius. Seeing those girls is half the point anyhow. I actually really don’t like Sirius. It’s going to force us all to pay for radio someday. Radio will become like tv. Regular radio will become like basic cable-three stations. And if you want anything decent for your morning and evening commute, you’ll be forced to pay.

regular radio is crap homogenized and has killed itself because of it. personally i don’t mind paying for something as long as it’s worth it.
i like sirius, xm is good too, i think they’re do a great job and you get alot for your money.

you’re right to be cautious though cause right now the product is great, the business is on the upswing, and they’re still quite hungry. so get while the gettin’s good -next few years anyway- 'cause the time will come when “rising costs” (greed) will make them put their foot on the value scale and they will try and slide us less product or lower quality product or combination of the two for the same or even more money. the danger being most people in america are perfectly happy recieving less for their money, less for less money, and even less for more money. as long as you don’t tell them about it. [/quote]

Yeah. I see what you’re saying. I’m in law school-maybe once I have a commute to work it’ll be worth it. Just for driving around to get where I need to go, it’s not.

Of course its a gamble, like signing Terrell Owens. But the fact that Sirius DID make the gamble shows that they think the market is still there. We’ll see in a year where there are. I’m by NO MEANS saying its a lock or that it will pay off. Just saying that he obviously still has a tremendous draw.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Of course its a gamble, like signing Terrell Owens. But the fact that Sirius DID make the gamble shows that they think the market is still there. We’ll see in a year where there are. I’m by NO MEANS saying its a lock or that it will pay off. Just saying that he obviously still has a tremendous draw.[/quote]

Mel Karmazin is an idiot and Howard’s lackey; that explains his assine contract.

Sirius had 600,000 subs when Howard announced his move. They said the break even point for their risk was to bring in a million more subs. They now have over 2.5 million, and this is before he has even started. Hmmm, I wonder if he’ll get that million? Wait, what? He already did.

I have to laugh at the people who read this site, that freely talks about steriod use, and TC’s Atomic Dog’s which are often about sex and his penis (and TC also talks about being a stern fan), yet wahhh wahh about Stern being profane. Lame. Check out the Sex and the Male Animal forum and tell me how pure some of you posters are.

As for the O&A guys, if you were as great as you think, why the need to come into a “Stern” thread and talk shit? Imagine if some idiots came to this forum and said, “yea, T-mag may be huge, but um, Flex rules man.”

Oy if you don’t like him, dont fuckin listen.

Other than that just shut up already. This is starting to look like the fuckin political forum where people argue for 50 pages and still change no one’s mind.

A Bobba Booey to y’all.

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
Sirius had 600,000 subs when Howard announced his move. They said the break even point for their risk was to bring in a million more subs. They now have over 2.5 million, and this is before he has even started. Hmmm, I wonder if he’ll get that million? Wait, what? He already did.

I have to laugh at the people who read this site, that freely talks about steriod use, and TC’s Atomic Dog’s which are often about sex and his penish (and TC also talks about being a stern fan), yet wahhh wahh about Stern being profane. Lame. Check out the Sex and the Male Animal forum and tell me how pure some of you posters are.

As for the O&A guys, if you were as great as you think, why the need to come into a “Stern” thread and talk shit? Imagine if some idiots came to this forum and said, “yea, T-mag may be huge, but um, Flex rules man.”

Oy if you don’t like him, dont fuckin listen.

Other than that just shut up already. This is starting to look like the fuckin political forum where people argue for 50 pages and still change no one’s mind.

A Bobba Booey to y’all.[/quote]

He has over 12 Million listeners. If Sirius gets even a fraction of that, he will be the best bet they ever made.

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:

…[/quote]

At approximately $ 150 each a year per subscriber it won’t take too long to pay off Howards $ 100 million a year contract. It may make it harder to bring in other high dollar talent.

I am too cheap to pay for radio but if I drove for a living I might consider it.

Stern did go way downhill after his divorce.

His whole anti-FCC act last year was also tiresome and not funny.

I thought I would miss him when they took him off the air early this year but I didn’t.