Emotionally Dealing with Loss of Libido/T

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I’m from Queens, not Brooklyn. :slight_smile:

My libido while being untreated was non-existent! Right now, my sex drive is VERY high.

There are doctors like that, and they made me feel very disheartened - three of them! Instead of just saying, I don’t understand you, or, I don’t deal with that sort of stuff, they just said stuff along the lines of, Hey, you’re fine! When in fact I was not fine!

By SHEER luck, I just looked up some random endocrinologist (who was off-the-charts busy) and had my mom (I was 22 at the time) come with with me to and “vouch” for me at an appointment. The guy was very understanding and listened while my mom said stuff to the effect of, Look, my son isn’t what he used to be; he used to be very energetic, and now he’s nothing like that; he’s tired and crying all the time!

The doc looked at my T and FSH and LH values and said, “There’s a problem. You’re LH and FSH are completely abnormal!” I’m sending you to the guy across the hall; he deals with male problems; he’s called an andrologist. Make an appointment with him." [/quote]

Well, congratulations to you then. How lucky you are that the treatment was effective. I had a similar experience in that my T, FSH and LH were too low. Then I got on meds. They were back to normal, if not on the extremely high end of normal. The blood looked good. Libido still doesn’t. Its nice to know I’m not alone though.

today my libido is pretty average for a guy, would love to go at it 4-5 times a week… but before… well I might possibly could be maybe interested twice a month and even then I had issue with rigidity.

I feel like I am back to “normal” - not the sky high rush when I first started, but just plain ol’ things are good.

hormones impact your mood, your energy, your libido, your concentration, your motivation, your drive, your focus, your self confidence - basically every freaking thing…

here is my current regimen - it may seem like a lot, but it is worth it for me considering that without this I have no energy, no drive, no libido, no ability to concentrate, and am overall miserable (among countless other problems and issues).

Prescription Medications:
25mg T-Cyp EOD IM (I am very sensitive to dosing - too much throws my whole system off, and I also clear things out of my system very quickly - so I have to do small frequent doses - 365 shots a year this+HCG sucks but it works - I can’t absorb transdermals - tried that and failed - and was interested in pellets, but not sure if it is worth it to change at this point.)
250iu HCG EOD SQ
15-20mg HydroCortisone (to treat for chronically low Cortisol levels [5-10] - may look at reducing in a couple of months to try and wean off)
30mg T3 Only medication (to treat for sky high RT3 - which blocks your T3 recepetors - may look at reducing in a couple of months)
Vyvanse 60mg (used to treat my lifelong ADHD - my brain just doesn’t work with out it)

Vitamins:
Magnesium 1,200mg EOD (to treat low magnesium blood tests)
Zinc 25mg EOD (help with aromatase and overall health)
Copper 2mg EOD (to help balance out any excess Zinc - Zinc can deplete the body of Copper)
Fish Oil - not sure amount 2 gel caps - Essential Fatty Acids are… well essential
Folic Acid (to treat low Folic levels per blood tests)
Niacin 400mg (Has a great impact on lowering bad LDL and raising good HDL)
Chelated Iron 27mg (to treat my low ferritin levels - you need ferritin to transport Thyroid, Cortisol, Testosterone, etc.)
Vitamin C 4,000mg (helps with Iron absorption and overall health)
Vitamin D 17,000iu (I had extremely low D3 levels - this brings me up to the 60-80 blood test range)
Vitamin E 200iu mixed toco (helps process and balance EFAs + other health benefits)
A good all around multivitamin (for general health)
Probiotics occassionaly to help support my gut function
Enzymes to help support stomach and gut functions
Iodine 12.5mg EOD - to help provide sufficient Iodine for my thyroid

I also changed my diet to include a much higher protien intake and greatly reduced high sugar.

Things I have stopped because they all caused numerous and weird reactions for me personally:
Green Tea Extract
Ubiquinol
Resveratrol
DHEA
Pregnenolone

Check your PM DeterminedNate!

[quote]PureChance wrote:
today my libido is pretty average for a guy, would love to go at it 4-5 times a week… but before… well I might possibly could be maybe interested twice a month and even then I had issue with rigidity.

I feel like I am back to “normal” - not the sky high rush when I first started, but just plain ol’ things are good.

hormones impact your mood, your energy, your libido, your concentration, your motivation, your drive, your focus, your self confidence - basically every freaking thing…

here is my current regimen - it may seem like a lot, but it is worth it for me considering that without this I have no energy, no drive, no libido, no ability to concentrate, and am overall miserable (among countless other problems and issues).

Prescription Medications:
25mg T-Cyp EOD IM (I am very sensitive to dosing - too much throws my whole system off, and I also clear things out of my system very quickly - so I have to do small frequent doses - 365 shots a year this+HCG sucks but it works - I can’t absorb transdermals - tried that and failed - and was interested in pellets, but not sure if it is worth it to change at this point.)
250iu HCG EOD SQ
15-20mg HydroCortisone (to treat for chronically low Cortisol levels [5-10] - may look at reducing in a couple of months to try and wean off)
30mg T3 Only medication (to treat for sky high RT3 - which blocks your T3 recepetors - may look at reducing in a couple of months)
Vyvanse 60mg (used to treat my lifelong ADHD - my brain just doesn’t work with out it)

Vitamins:
Magnesium 1,200mg EOD (to treat low magnesium blood tests)
Zinc 25mg EOD (help with aromatase and overall health)
Copper 2mg EOD (to help balance out any excess Zinc - Zinc can deplete the body of Copper)
Fish Oil - not sure amount 2 gel caps - Essential Fatty Acids are… well essential
Folic Acid (to treat low Folic levels per blood tests)
Niacin 400mg (Has a great impact on lowering bad LDL and raising good HDL)
Chelated Iron 27mg (to treat my low ferritin levels - you need ferritin to transport Thyroid, Cortisol, Testosterone, etc.)
Vitamin C 4,000mg (helps with Iron absorption and overall health)
Vitamin D 17,000iu (I had extremely low D3 levels - this brings me up to the 60-80 blood test range)
Vitamin E 200iu mixed toco (helps process and balance EFAs + other health benefits)
A good all around multivitamin (for general health)
Probiotics occassionaly to help support my gut function
Enzymes to help support stomach and gut functions
Iodine 12.5mg EOD - to help provide sufficient Iodine for my thyroid

I also changed my diet to include a much higher protien intake and greatly reduced high sugar.

Things I have stopped because they all caused numerous and weird reactions for me personally:
Green Tea Extract
Ubiquinol
Resveratrol
DHEA
Pregnenolone[/quote]

Pure:

You state EOD dosing for T but then talking about 365 pins a year. So are you really on ED dosing? If on ED dosing, did you find yourself going up and down too much on the EOD schedule?

[quote]DeterminedNate wrote:
How are you guys emotionally dealing with this crap? The only thing I can chalk it up to is a tremendous stroke of bad luck.

I’m not here to talk about treatment either. I just want to keep myself from going insane.

[/quote]

Dude – I feel you! More than you now… I am 34, and just got married about a year ago to a girl who is an absolute dream. She looks like a Playboy Playmate! Then I lost my Libido completely about 6 months into the marriage and found myself on TRT. I am in complete disbelief that this happened, but it falls into the category of “Just My Luck!!!” – Doesn’t it always seem like when you get your life together and things are looking up, something bad comes out of nowhere and smacks you down? That’s how I feel.

Keep your chin up, keep looking for solutions, and most of all – know that you are not alone in this fight!

Thanks for the encouragement, PC.

Hell, physically I feel great. Its just the LIBIDO thing that is incomprehensibly frustrating. So much so that I fear I will reach some sort of breaking point, God knows when, and just turn to drugs or something.

You go from literally being willing to fight an army of Romans to bang a girl, to simply not caring. I feel like a god damned eunuch.

Hooking up with a chick last week, and not being able to get it up for the fucking life of me. Thats a very, very disconcerting experience. Especially when the chick is ALL OVER YOU and giving you EVERY OPPORTUNITY to get your shit right. Jesus, pussy doesn’t normally come on a silver platter like it did then, and I STILL couldn’t capitalize.

I should probably look into the priesthood, or the monastery. [/quote]

I am in your category. I don’t understand these guys here who talk about getting a boost of energy on TRT, because I don’t feel any different. I feel fine either way, it’s just my Libido I’m trying to treat – and that’s it.

I have never tried every day dosing… I think I would have to go with pellets before I went to that may injections. EOD is do-able for now, not ideal, but not terrible. The 365 was an estimate with 1 T shot EOD + 1 HCG shot EOD = 364 shots a year.

Brick, You make me feel better for crying all the time.

[quote]hakrjak wrote:

How are you guys emotionally dealing with this crap? The only thing I can chalk it up to is a tremendous stroke of bad luck.

I’m not here to talk about treatment either. I just want to keep myself from going insane.

[/quote]

Dude – I feel you! More than you now… I am 34, and just got married about a year ago to a girl who is an absolute dream. She looks like a Playboy Playmate! Then I lost my Libido completely about 6 months into the marriage and found myself on TRT. I am in complete disbelief that this happened, but it falls into the category of “Just My Luck!!!” – Doesn’t it always seem like when you get your life together and things are looking up, something bad comes out of nowhere and smacks you down? That’s how I feel.

Keep your chin up, keep looking for solutions, and most of all – know that you are not alone in this fight![/quote]

I feel your pain man. I’ll see a smoking hot girl walking down the street and get the inkling to go talk to her. Then I realize it’d probably be better to let somebody who would truly, lustfully, savor and enjoy that pussy get that, than somebody like me who would get hollow pleasure from it (if I could get it up at all).

Fuck my libido and my fucking testosterone problems. Just try not to let this shit control your life and keep you from coming the best you can be. Yes, much easier said than done, but fuck that too.

I’ve had a lot of problems in my life. Dealt with alot of shit. Probably more than others, and also less than others. About average. One of the things I always prided myself on was being horny. I was always relieved that I didn’t turn out gay, and that I could jerk off 3 and 4 times a day, which felt like a healthy, robust libido. Always held on to that, and appreciated it.

And now thats been taken away from me. Its becoming like a tragic-comedy. Its quite funny actually. Thats really one way of dealing with this, laughing at your plight. I’m sure a lot of guys would agree with me, when I say I’d gladly give a limb to get my libido back to normal. I’d give a fucking limb. I’d walk around with a goddamned pegged leg. I am hoping to God (who I no longer believe in), that some groundbreakign technological and medical advancements will produce a solution to such a maddening problem. Otherwise, its just a slow march to death.

Its funny. I’m making some money, bought a condo, feelin pretty good, havin fun, dressing better, getting my mental shit in order, beating depression (for the time being), getting my family and freinds and social life in order, getting some attention from women, and I don’t have the very engine of the car that would drive me into happinesss. When I’m 50, fuck it, who cares. But I’m 27 now and everybody’s wondering why I’ve been single for so damn long. I wonder if the so called benevolent (or I would argue, malignant) God, is laughing his fucking tail off about me.

Aright, now I’m pontificating on religion, so I’ll stop there. I wonder if I had a billion dollars, and I gave this billion dollars to the worlds best and brightest scientists to cure this ailment, I wonder if they could do it?

If so, I better get working on that first billion. Any bets on what occurs first, the revival of my libido or the attainment of $1,000,000,000? Any takers?

[quote]B WS6 wrote:
Check your PM DeterminedNate![/quote]

BW, my apologies for not responding, my PM function doesn’t work, (similar to my libido). I can receive, but can’t send.

Anyway, I’d love to discuss any other topic in the universe with you, except this one. Solely because after 6 years of frustration, I have absolutely NOTHING to offer you in the way of solving this problem.

If you want to PM me your email address, I can send you an email and we can pick this up there. But know that I have nothing enlightening to say.

Yeah, I hate how this forum is set up regarding PM’s and such. I look forward to hearing from you.

You might know this since you’ve been on HRT for 6 years.

You said you where on Clomid. A ton of guys using it to Boost T report higher T levels and increase in testicle size and ejaculation volume but report depression and loss of sex drive while others say it helps there sex drive. Clomid directly effects the brain in a estrogen like way since it mimics estrogen. Even some completely healthy men say it makes them overly emotional and destroys their sex drive.

Your going through some very tough problems man… best of luck to you.

Wondering if any other guys here are interested in setting up a weekly or monthly conference call to do a support group for LowT? Might be psychologically beneficial to listen to some other guys problems, share coping mechanisms, etc… Or is that too touchy feely for everybody? haha Might make you feel like your situation isn’t that bad after all.

• Hakrjak

I would be down for that hakrjak.