Eminem: Relapse

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
Side note: totally off topic there are nude pics of Cassie online

http://yeeeah.com/2009/05/07/cassie-topless-pictures/

Enjoy
[/quote]

Very nice.

I have to agree and say that his new album is total shit. He did the opposite
of a lot of other rappers, he got worse with time lol. He was the best when he was
new and raw. With that being said, he’s a good producer though, he should stick to
producing and helping out other rappers.

[quote]ArmyOf1 wrote:
I have to agree and say that his new album is total shit. He did the opposite
of a lot of other rappers, he got worse with time lol. He was the best when he was
new and raw. With that being said, he’s a good producer though, he should stick to
producing and helping out other rappers.[/quote]

I think he peaked around The Marshall Mathers LP, 8 Mile era had some good stuff, and then it went south.

You’ll still get soulja boi fans who think this is “dope” though.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
thekid24 wrote:
Is it even out yet?
The first few songs are made that way in purpose. Remember The real slim shady and My name is? Both were poppy beats and really no lyrical value at best. But the albums were arguably classics. The corny songs are used for promotional purposes.

There is a leaked copy floating about. I know his initial single is satiricial, however this album is weak to say the least.[/quote]

yea, a non-group release…

I love the scene :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
I think he’s losing a lot of his creative edge.

I never knew he had one to begin with.

It just wouldn’t be a hip hop thread without Rockscar jumping in to tell us how much it sucks.[/quote]

Now here is somebody who understands the situation at hand…

Good play!

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

We still got Lupe, Kanye, Common, and the other lyrically minded rappers still putting out good stuff. Ring tone rappers are gonna cycle themselves out just wait and see. Also Cam’ron is coming out next week, (him and Jeezy are my guilty pleasures). So the hip hop game is grey but not a lost cause as of yet.
[/quote]

One day, Saigon’s album is gonna drop.

One day…

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
RSGZ wrote:

It just wouldn’t be a hip hop thread without Rockscar jumping in to tell us how much it sucks.

Now here is somebody who understands the situation at hand…

Good play!

[/quote]

Yea you just gotta ignore Scar.

Old man’s still dancing in his socks in the living room to “Old Time Rock and Roll.”

Shame.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
RSGZ wrote:

Come on, you’re going to tell me he isn’t a creative and talented individual?

50 Cent had 1 good album, which was his first one. His next one was ok, and the rest just went to shit.

“Ring-tone rappers” - I like that. It really sums up well what most of these fucking clowns on the radio sound like - good thing I only hear the radio at the gym occasionally.

I honestly can’t find any decent songs on Relapse, it’s sad.[/quote]

50’s album Curtis was pretty damn good.

And “Get up” is a raw fuckin song.

All you haters keep up talking up the backpack rap, but I don’t have any problem with the good shit that’s come out in the last couple years.

Cassidy, JayZ, Cam’ron… Game’s album LAX was incredible, old school hip hop, and Jadakiss is (finally) all over the place puttin out hot shit.

Christ. nothing like a bunch of people already declaring good hip hop is dead, then patting themselves on the back for all agreeing with each other.

Agreed, I was seriously disappointed in the album. I grew up listening to Eminem so I was looking forward to this album for a while. My hopes are still high for Detox, its mainstream hip-hop’s last hope.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
RSGZ wrote:

Come on, you’re going to tell me he isn’t a creative and talented individual?

50 Cent had 1 good album, which was his first one. His next one was ok, and the rest just went to shit.

“Ring-tone rappers” - I like that. It really sums up well what most of these fucking clowns on the radio sound like - good thing I only hear the radio at the gym occasionally.

I honestly can’t find any decent songs on Relapse, it’s sad.

50’s album Curtis was pretty damn good.

And “Get up” is a raw fuckin song.

All you haters keep up talking up the backpack rap, but I don’t have any problem with the good shit that’s come out in the last couple years.

Cassidy, JayZ, Cam’ron… Game’s album LAX was incredible, old school hip hop, and Jadakiss is (finally) all over the place puttin out hot shit.

Christ. nothing like a bunch of people already declaring good hip hop is dead, then patting themselves on the back for all agreeing with each other.[/quote]

Curtis wasn’t bad, there are 5 or 6 songs on there that are decent, but when compared to Get Rich or Die Trying, it’s no where near as good. That whole album is a classic IMO.

I don’t think all new music is bad or good rap is dead, but I’m finding the good songs on a lot of knew albums are few and far between. There are certain exceptions of course.

I gather you haven’t had a listen to Relapse yet? I’m going to give it a chance and listen through a couple more times, but it’s nothing that I had expected that way he went on about a come-back.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

Curtis wasn’t bad, there are 5 or 6 songs on there that are decent, but when compared to Get Rich or Die Trying, it’s no where near as good. That whole album is a classic IMO.
[/quote]

I agree. But like I said, I thought Curtis was a very good rap album.

[quote]
I don’t think all new music is bad or good rap is dead, but I’m finding the good songs on a lot of knew albums are few and far between. There are certain exceptions of course.

I gather you haven’t had a listen to Relapse yet? I’m going to give it a chance and listen through a couple more times, but it’s nothing that I had expected that way he went on about a come-back.[/quote]

No, I haven’t heard relapse yet. Only “Crack a Bottle,” nothing else as of yet (which I like).

But, Eminem is just one. Like I said, there’s guys who keep pumping out good shit. Hell, between TI and Jada they’ve kept me pretty fuckin happy.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:

I agree. But like I said, I thought Curtis was a very good rap album.

I gather you haven’t had a listen to Relapse yet? I’m going to give it a chance and listen through a couple more times, but it’s nothing that I had expected that way he went on about a come-back.

No, I haven’t heard relapse yet. Only “Crack a Bottle,” nothing else as of yet (which I like).

But, Eminem is just one. Like I said, there’s guys who keep pumping out good shit. Hell, between TI and Jada they’ve kept me pretty fuckin happy.

[/quote]

I agree mostly, but TI’s latest offering also left me wondering.

I mean:

Just…no.

I’m listening to it and so far I’m liking it. My mom is pretty good. 3 am took a while but it grew on me. Still waiting for song like till I collapse hopefully this album will have that song.

Worse than Encore. I’m very disappointed.

[quote]John S. wrote:
I’m listening to it and so far I’m liking it. My mom is pretty good. 3 am took a while but it grew on me. Still waiting for song like till I collapse hopefully this album will have that song.[/quote]

Over the whole album, his rap is by far the best in Underground/Ken Kaniff. It’s got that same powerful feeling as many of his other good songs, and what a lot of songs on here lack.

Old Times Sake & Beautiful are decent too.

The rest are pretty mediocre.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

I agree mostly, but TI’s latest offering also left me wondering.

I mean:

Just…no.[/quote]

Honestly, I wasn’t too sure about that song, but after seeing Sugar Shane Mosley come out to it at the Margarito fight I dug it.

And Ludacris is another one that has been putting out big shit lately.

Badass song, and the soul song he sampled for it smokes.

few tracks are ok, Underground, crack a bottle, Medicine ball. The rest are pretty shit me thinks!

It’s formless and without purpose. Hanna Montana, Vicodin, being “evil” just for its own sake, etc. There’s really nothing there. The lyricism is mediocre. I’d rather that he hadn’t diluted his body of work by releasing this album.

I was away for a few days and you thought itd be safe to make a post about Slim Shady?

Im loving the eminem bashing!!

I love it more than asher roth loves college

Em’s gimmick is finished because his life doesnt suck anymore, the dude cant complain about anything anymore so his gimmick of being a “starving ordinary person” is dead

but the truth about rap, from my experience. I’ve lived the life most of these dudes talk about I’ve seen everything from a crackhead try to sell her kids for a high to police beating a man for nothing. Ive been invlved with all aspects of the thug life and I can say its haunting and its nothing to be bragged about

Real thugs dont dig this shit. Why you ask?

they know that the shit that they do on a daily basis isnt glorious

they dont want their kids to follow in their footsteps, so the real gangster does all he can to shelter his kids/famly from this type of shit, how? by going out and doing the dirt so his kids can stay clean

the real thug aint got time to pay attention to these posers actin tough

I just cant understand why “gangster” is so popular right now

I mean I remember my mom making me listen to Motown when I was little, I loved that shit

on that note,

why the fuck are these ignorant assholes making these sogs that glorify ghetto, especially when they get money and run away from the hood

what ever happend to positive messages in music in general? where the fuck is the love? where the fuck is the integrity?

and the last thing i’ll say here

why does it matter about a rapper’s delivery if they has nothing to say?

shouldnt you listen to music for the actual meaning, not because someone can talk fast or speaks in clever riddles?

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
I was away for a few days and you thought itd be safe to make a post about Slim Shady?

Im loving the eminem bashing!!

I love it more than asher roth loves college

Em’s gimmick is finished because his life doesnt suck anymore, the dude cant complain about anything anymore so his gimmick of being a “starving ordinary person” is dead

but the truth about rap, from my experience. I’ve lived the life most of these dudes talk about I’ve seen everything from a crackhead try to sell her kids for a high to police beating a man for nothing. Ive been invlved with all aspects of the thug life and I can say its haunting and its nothing to be bragged about

Real thugs dont dig this shit. Why you ask?

they know that the shit that they do on a daily basis isnt glorious

they dont want their kids to follow in their footsteps, so the real gangster does all he can to shelter his kids/famly from this type of shit, how? by going out and doing the dirt so his kids can stay clean

the real thug aint got time to pay attention to these posers actin tough

I just cant understand why “gangster” is so popular right now

I mean I remember my mom making me listen to Motown when I was little, I loved that shit

on that note,

why the fuck are these ignorant assholes making these sogs that glorify ghetto, especially when they get money and run away from the hood

what ever happend to positive messages in music in general? where the fuck is the love? where the fuck is the integrity?

and the last thing i’ll say here

why does it matter about a rapper’s delivery if they has nothing to say?

shouldnt you listen to music for the actual meaning, not because someone can talk fast or speaks in clever riddles?

[/quote]

You start playing the sociological game with this after a while, getting into the cycles of the ghetto and poverty as they relate to class and race.

Gangsta shit is good because everyone needs something to lift too, something to get them amped up, etc. But I agree that most take the fuck off as soon as they can, with the exception of Redman, who still lives in some ghetto brokeass house in Newark. But it’s not popular right now- it’s been popular since the shit came out. If there’s a market for it, people are going to make it.

I’m not against positive messages in music, but keep in mind that just like some people like Guns N’ Roses way better than Bob Dylan, some people are going to like hard shit more than the soft.

And not a lot of musicians make songs like “Shiny Happy People”, mostly because no one wants to hear it.