Emily's Playground aka Let's Process our Feelings III

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
Breath, Em. Hockey feels like he’s got himself a “catch”. And he’s right. He finds pleasure and purpose in taking care of you with the practical stuff. It fulfills him. All he wants in return are your loyalty, love and respect. Don’t overthink it, hon.[/quote]

Thank you.

I’ve decided that what it all boils down to is that I want him to ask me to marry him. That’s my main feeling: I want to belong to him, and him to me.

So that’s my feeling. It’s all processed now. [/quote]

I thought a progressive gal like you would have gotten down on one knee yourself by now :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
Breath, Em. Hockey feels like he’s got himself a “catch”. And he’s right. He finds pleasure and purpose in taking care of you with the practical stuff. It fulfills him. All he wants in return are your loyalty, love and respect. Don’t overthink it, hon.[/quote]

Thank you.

I’ve decided that what it all boils down to is that I want him to ask me to marry him. That’s my main feeling: I want to belong to him, and him to me.

So that’s my feeling. It’s all processed now. [/quote]

I thought a progressive gal like you would have gotten down on one knee yourself by now :p[/quote]

This is the difference between men and women: the number of knees the one wishes the other would get down on.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
I spoke to my ex-husband this week for the first time in a while. He’s decided to give up on women because “I guess I’m just too much of an asshole for it to ever work.” I was conflicted as to the proper response. “Yeah, probably so” seemed the strongest contender, but kind of negative, so I went with “oh, I don’t know” and blah blah blah good qualities.
[/quote]

Not everyone is marriage material, or even relationship material. If you have the self-awareness to realize that you can’t or won’t fit into that mold, you’re far ahead of many people.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
It’s sad, because he liked the companionability of our marriage and he doesn’t know how to make friends, but at some point don’t you figure out who you are and what sort of person matches you? On the other hand, he really does have a lousy disposition, and I’m not sure what sort of person matches that. :-/
[/quote]

There is someone for everyone in this wide, mad world. Must just believe in the power of lurrrrve.

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

Aaaaand Exhibit C.

No matter how big of an asshole you are, somebody will love you for it.

Just gotta find that person.

Power of luuuurrrrrrrrve!

[quote]mbdix wrote:
A dime a dozen is 83%

[/quote]

Do you know what “a dime a dozen” means? It does not refer to the percentage a dime constitutes of a dozen cents, as one gathers from your post that you believe.

It means something of exceedingly low value, by virtue of its commonness. Because a dime has lost its value considerably since the saying was coined, one cannot any longer get eggs for a dime a dozen, but at some point in history, one could, because eggs are exceedingly common.

Faberge eggs, on the other hand, are not. they are rare, and therefore much more valuable.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:
A dime a dozen is 83%

[/quote]

Do you know what “a dime a dozen” means? It does not refer to the percentage a dime constitutes of a dozen cents, as one gathers from your post that you believe.

It means something of exceedingly low value, by virtue of its commonness. Because a dime has lost its value considerably since the saying was coined, one cannot any longer get eggs for a dime a dozen, but at some point in history, one could, because eggs are exceedingly common.

Faberge eggs, on the other hand, are not. they are rare, and therefore much more valuable.[/quote]

I thought it meant ten out of twelve. It’s so common that you will find 10 of them when looking through 12 items or units or whatever. But, I knew it meant the item or thing being described was very common.

I’m feeling pretty handy. The wife wanted some slider’s for the pantry so I bought a router and a 1/2 blind dove-tail jig and learned how to make some drawers.

First one in. Fit was a little tight but it works great. 100 lbs.-rated.

Bottom finished.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
Bottom finished. [/quote]

The tragedy is that she will never realise exactly how good you did that joB!

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:
A dime a dozen is 83%

[/quote]

Faberge eggs, on the other hand, are not. they are rare, and therefore much more valuable.[/quote]

I thought it meant ten out of twelve. It’s so common that you will find 10 of them when looking through 12 items or units or whatever. But, I knew it meant the item or thing being described was very common. [/quote]

Haha. If you own twelve antique Maseratis, you will certainly find ten of them when looking through all twelve in your garage. It does not follow, however, that your Maseratis are a dime a dozen.

[quote]TQB wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
Bottom finished. [/quote]

The tragedy is that she will never realise exactly how good you did that joB![/quote]

Unfortunately, I think she does realize, as now she’s asking for new drawers throughout the house. Such is life.

I think I found the definitive cartoon for these feeling-processor threads.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/aliens_b_word

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:
A dime a dozen is 83%

[/quote]

I thought it meant ten out of twelve. It’s so common that you will find 10 of them when looking through 12 items or units or whatever. But, I knew it meant the item or thing being described was very common. [/quote]

Haha. If you own twelve antique Maseratis, you will certainly find ten of them when looking through all twelve in your garage. It does not follow, however, that your Maseratis are a dime a dozen.[/quote]

Right, because in your scenario the Maseratis would be a dozen of a dozen.

Lets say you were going to go to a river to get some limestone rocks for a project. You found a good spot that had a lot of limestone. You start to see that there are 10 grey limestone rocks for every 12 rocks you see.

If you want some grey limestone rocks, go down to that river they are a dime a dozen.

I could be wrong that was my understanding of the saying.

[quote]mbdix wrote:
Lets say you were going to go to a river to get some limestone rocks for a project. You found a good spot that had a lot of limestone. You start to see that there are 10 grey limestone rocks for every 12 rocks you see.

If you want some grey limestone rocks, go down to that river they are a dime a dozen.

I could be wrong that was my understanding of the saying.[/quote]

Varqanir’s understanding is correct. But yours is creative, at least.

Hey I speak Texan
Dime a dozen is the same as ‘common as dirt’

You are all wrong. Dime a dozen is in reference to donuts. It means they can be bought on every block in Toronto and usually comes with coffee.