Emily's Playground aka Let's Process our Feelings III

Thank you! It’s been nice playing it out!

I’m going to answer you in the other thread, but I have to do a whole-thread review and I’ve been busy doing a romantic overnight getaway and looking at my hand and polyurethaning floors and such. : )

But I will get to it.

1 Like

Congratulations! You have kids?

Yes, four of them. It’s somewhat unusual to have that many and I felt that talking about them along with my work and relationship stuff would make it easy to identify me, so I didn’t. Mostly I didn’t want them to recognize their mom posting in SAMA. I’ve opened up about them recently because things have gotten so much tamer here, and they’re big now anyway.

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations! I hope for a lifetime of happiness and contentment for you and Hockey.

This makes me feel very warm and fuzzy! I’m glad I got that email notification that I didn’t ask for.

1 Like

My God, could you imagine if I had a wedding full of my “internet bodybuilders,” who know a shocking amount about poor Hockey? Ha. It would actually be pretty funny, now that I think about it. My kids! People would be stunned in a way that would probably have me laughing for years.

1 Like

Here’s an official night-before-the-proposal picture, which counts because we were at an inn, so it was all one thing. You can see (Push) how manfully he’s holding my waist there. Or at least I assume that’s his hand and not some as yet unnoticed lumpy part of me.

And here he is, working in the new kitchen. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

That information sure would have provided interesting context to some of your dating dilemmas… but probably better that you kept it private.

(And in case any readers are worried, there are no secret little nephorms running around)

So you’re saying I dodged a bullet, then?

Congratulations! I’m happy for you.

And yep, things continue to go well with both the house and the engagement.

The house is framed, roofed, plumbed and wired, so we’re mostly just waiting for it to finish drying out (record rainfall this year… during framing) before windows, insulation, drywall. Moving along really well though. It’s really nice to see our ideas materialize and actually work out.

I’m curvy, you know.

I don’t know - they were in their mid to late teens by the time I started dating, so I was able to compartmentalize there, too. The only real bump was my initial foray into things. My first date was with a neighbor. We met out and the kids didn’t know anything more than “meeting someone for a snack and drink” because I didn’t want his kids or mine involved in any way. When I got home two of my boys, ages 16 and 17, were sitting on the couch watching TV. In perfect sync they looked at me, then at the clock. It was 10:35. I nearly died of how awkward and guilty I felt.

But I somehow kept going.

That IS nice. I’m happy for you, too. Have you said when you’re getting married?

September 9th. Don’t think I mentioned it until now though. We’re hoping by it being the week of a holiday that people will just take extra time and turn it into a mini-vacation out here to check out the area. We actually came up with our own “travel guide” of the area for them; coffee shops, breweries, wineries, tourist destinations, waterfalls hikes, etc.

The ceremony will be pretty small, just family and very close friends, and the reception will be bigger with extended friends and such.

It was a little frantic the first couple weeks. Almost immediately we found a place (which mostly narrowed down the date), and she got her dress figured out. Then the photographer. And then lots of cake tasting, since she was very particular on that. And the caterer, who actually works for the venue, turned out to exceed our expectations by a lot. Retired Le Cordon Bleu trained chef from Europe, and just needed something to do.

As for the rest, lots of the actual design decisions are on hold, since we’re still focused on the house decisions, but we’ve got the people and a direction and some time.

We actually just built a basic website with stuff for our guests, and sent out email Save the Dates. I think that’s helped a lot too since we were able to get information to people sooner and set the tone and stuff. We’ll still send real invites as the date gets closer.

Definitely had a ton of decision fatigue though. House, wedding, and a slew of new features developed and released in our product at work. With a fair amount of travel (although mostly pleasure) in the middle of it.

Have you guys decided on a date or at all how you want to do things?

1 Like