Emily's Playground aka Let's Process our Feelings III

Good for you! I firmly believe that healthy, intimate relationships are one of the secrets of a happy life. We are “built” for that.

[quote]Dr J wrote:
Good for you! I firmly believe that healthy, intimate relationships are one of the secrets of a happy life. We are “built” for that.[/quote]

I quite agree with you! And thank you.

I just feel you have a lot of very bulky fairy godmothers to wish you godspeed :slight_smile:

You’re the real thing, Em, and Hockey knows exactly how lucky he is.

TQB

(If he needs reminding, let us know.)

[quote]TQB wrote:
I just feel you have a lot of very bulky fairy godmothers to wish you godspeed :slight_smile:

TQB

(If he needs reminding, let us know.)[/quote]

Read that as “hairy godmothers”…

Liked it better…

We will jump him in a backalley…

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]TQB wrote:

TQB

(If he needs reminding, let us know.)[/quote]

Read that as “hairy godmothers”…

Liked it better…

We will jump him in a backalley…[/quote]

You keep your hairy perv hands off my boyfriend!

All of you!

TQB, thank you, and the others. I doubt I would be doing as well if not for this website.

srsly…Are ya’all still debating this subject?

Congrats Em!

[quote]Edgy wrote:
srsly…Are ya’all still debating this subject?[/quote]

Yes. And I won’t stop until I best every single one of them with my cool logic.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:
srsly…Are ya’all still debating this subject?[/quote]

Yes. And I won’t stop until I best every single one of them with my cool logic.[/quote]

Awesome, mind if I take a seat and watch you blind them all with science?

I need someone to explain to me why they thought to put a dying old person in this video along with the breaking-up young couple while (and here is the confusing part, really) Christina Aguilera is intermittently shown, first pleasuring herself and then in what appears to be pain so severe, she can hardly stand.

It’s just a lot of emotional inputs for a song comprised mostly of seven repeated words.

The old couple reminded me of this story: Doug Flutie's Parents Die Within One Hour Of Each Other | HuffPost Sports

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
I need someone to explain to me why they thought to put a dying old person in this video along with the breaking-up young couple while (and here is the confusing part, really) Christina Aguilera is intermittently shown, first pleasuring herself and then in what appears to be pain so severe, she can hardly stand.

It’s just a lot of emotional inputs for a song comprised mostly of seven repeated words.

Oh boy! This reminds me of a test in a Literature class. I NEVER got those questions right where we were supposed to see the “meaning” in a story, poem, play, etc. I function better with facts and “rules”. I aced history and math.

Em, I was hoping you’d be able to answer a potentially-social-worker-related question for me… Just yesterday, I was speaking to a friend of mine when I [jokingly] called him mentally ill, only for him to respond that he was told he had “normative something something syndrome/disorder”, but he couldn’t remember what it was actually called. Apparently one of the symptoms (the main symptom?) is having overly sensitive reactions to certain things.

Ironically enough, this news of his ‘diagnosis’ was over brunch, then later that day over dinner, a mutual friend poked a bit of fun at the shirt he was wearing when all of a sudden he FLIPPED out, said some incredibly mean/hurtful things to our friend, and caused a scene at the restaurant we were at before storming out the door.

Anyway, I was just wondering if that [vague] description of his behavior rings a bell of some sort of disorder starting with “normative…” I’m just trying to figure out what it is so I can do a bit of research on the subject.

Happy anniversary, BTW! Glad you and Hockey are still enjoying each other :slight_smile:

16 and 17 yeaqr old Austrian girls flee to be with djihaddi bad boys, weapons, bikes and beheadings!!!, swoooooon…

Get beaten to death when it was not so tingle inducing after all and they try to flee…

I wish I had more feelings to process than disgust.

[quote]orion wrote:
[/quote]
Yeah.

I’m processing a whole bunch of stuff right now, since I finally took the time to actually learn a thing or two about this whole ISIS thing. I’m working my way through some of their magazines, and basically all I can think right now is “my God, they’re good at what they do”.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Em, I was hoping you’d be able to answer a potentially-social-worker-related question for me… Just yesterday, I was speaking to a friend of mine when I [jokingly] called him mentally ill, only for him to respond that he was told he had “normative something something syndrome/disorder”, but he couldn’t remember what it was actually called. Apparently one of the symptoms (the main symptom?) is having overly sensitive reactions to certain things.

Ironically enough, this news of his ‘diagnosis’ was over brunch, then later that day over dinner, a mutual friend poked a bit of fun at the shirt he was wearing when all of a sudden he FLIPPED out, said some incredibly mean/hurtful things to our friend, and caused a scene at the restaurant we were at before storming out the door.

Anyway, I was just wondering if that [vague] description of his behavior rings a bell of some sort of disorder starting with “normative…” I’m just trying to figure out what it is so I can do a bit of research on the subject.

Happy anniversary, BTW! Glad you and Hockey are still enjoying each other :)[/quote]

Thank you!

No, it doesn’t ring any bells at all. There’s sensory sensitivity stuff that can make people irritable (e.g. sensitive to noise or fluorescent lighting, the feel of clothes on skin, etc) and then they’re jerks because of the irritability, but that’s the only thing I know of that allows for normal behavior except under those certain sensitivity-increasing conditions. “Normative” typically describes appropriate, whether in development or functioning - or anything else for that matter.

I will say that I hear some odd diagnoses reported by people, and some of them probably come from a mental health professional. I wonder if your friend is talking about something more school-based? They have their own language.

[quote]orion wrote:

16 and 17 yeaqr old Austrian girls flee to be with djihaddi bad boys, weapons, bikes and beheadings!!!, swoooooon…

Get beaten to death when it was not so tingle inducing after all and they try to flee…

[/quote]

You recognize that they’re drawing idiot boys in along with the idiot girls, right? This (ISIS) is not merely a story about female behavior. Don’t get it twisted.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

You recognize that they’re drawing idiot boys in along with the idiot girls, right? This (ISIS) is not merely a story about female behavior. Don’t get it twisted.[/quote]

Turns out, I know the leading Austrian psychiatrist when it comes to wannabe jihaddis…

She says, the thing they all have in common is a lack of a father figure and a world that does not give a shit about them.

She would, of course, phrase it differently.

Will ask her on her opinion about girls, but, since she mostly deals with criminal cases and wanting to fuck glorious beheaders is not exactly illegal…

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

Happy anniversary, BTW! Glad you and Hockey are still enjoying each other :)[/quote]

Thank you!

No, it doesn’t ring any bells at all. There’s sensory sensitivity stuff that can make people irritable (e.g. sensitive to noise or fluorescent lighting, the feel of clothes on skin, etc) and then they’re jerks because of the irritability, but that’s the only thing I know of that allows for normal behavior except under those certain sensitivity-increasing conditions. “Normative” typically describes appropriate, whether in development or functioning - or anything else for that matter.

I will say that I hear some odd diagnoses reported by people, and some of them probably come from a mental health professional. I wonder if your friend is talking about something more school-based? They have their own language.[/quote]

Completely guessing here as well. Like Em, my head went to people who are hypersensitive to stimuli like noise, or people with an Auditory Processing Disorder. Some of them experience feeling overwhelmed, overreacting behavior like you described. And I have seen kids with ADHD have similar symptoms, where they are very sensitive, quickly overreact/ or have problems with impulse control, experience sensory overload which makes them irritable. Again, this could be a lot of things, or some combination of things, but here’s a link. Does this sound like what your friend was describing?