Emily's Playground aka Let's Process our Feelings III

[quote]LoRez wrote:
I put a ring on it. It’s nice and sparkly and stuff.

(We also signed the contract with the builder, but that’s not nearly as exciting.)[/quote]

OMG! Congratulations on both counts, but especially the first! I’m so excited for you. :slight_smile:

I just don’t know about all this redesigning, although truth be told I’ve always hated the black and yellow.

I’m feeling unsettled.

I didn’t hate the black and yellow, but otherwise, yeah, feeling much the same way.

I had to give it some time to see how I really felt about it. Off Topic has been pretty dead since the change. Training logs keep moving forward at least.

OT has been dead for a while now, though not to this degree. Eh, we’ll see.

I’m trying to get the hang of a new tablet and forum. This new tech stuff is pretty cheap and easy, but callouses on my fingers make these touch screen keyboards a pain in the butt.
Also, congrats Lo, that’s a big step!

We signed the contract on the land last Thursday, and officially broke ground today.

Mostly I’m nervous, but every once in awhile, a bit of excitement comes through. I keep second guessing a lot of the decisions we made, but every time I go and look at them, they make sense and I’m still happy with those choices. So now I’m just hoping that everything we worked through on paper actually works out as well in real life.

@LoRez I’m not sure how I missed the above post. The notifications for old stuff was messing with me, I guess. At any rate, congratulations! So, three months later - how is it going?

I went looking for this thread to say that I got engaged this morning. : )

4 Likes

Congrats, Em!

:fonzie:

Thank you. I feel so certain and happy. Not one single worry or bad feeling. I called my ex-husband first so he wouldn’t have to hear it as gossip and so the kids wouldn’t have the awkwardness of telling him, and he said they all seem to like Hockey very much. Which I knew - how could they not - but it was nice to hear.

Thank you! It’s been nice playing it out!

I’m going to answer you in the other thread, but I have to do a whole-thread review and I’ve been busy doing a romantic overnight getaway and looking at my hand and polyurethaning floors and such. : )

But I will get to it.

1 Like

Congratulations! You have kids?

Yes, four of them. It’s somewhat unusual to have that many and I felt that talking about them along with my work and relationship stuff would make it easy to identify me, so I didn’t. Mostly I didn’t want them to recognize their mom posting in SAMA. I’ve opened up about them recently because things have gotten so much tamer here, and they’re big now anyway.

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations! I hope for a lifetime of happiness and contentment for you and Hockey.

This makes me feel very warm and fuzzy! I’m glad I got that email notification that I didn’t ask for.

1 Like

My God, could you imagine if I had a wedding full of my “internet bodybuilders,” who know a shocking amount about poor Hockey? Ha. It would actually be pretty funny, now that I think about it. My kids! People would be stunned in a way that would probably have me laughing for years.

1 Like

Here’s an official night-before-the-proposal picture, which counts because we were at an inn, so it was all one thing. You can see (Push) how manfully he’s holding my waist there. Or at least I assume that’s his hand and not some as yet unnoticed lumpy part of me.

And here he is, working in the new kitchen. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

That information sure would have provided interesting context to some of your dating dilemmas… but probably better that you kept it private.

(And in case any readers are worried, there are no secret little nephorms running around)