Embracing How Bad I Suck

I just thought I would share this little bit of advice to other new lifters or guys who fucked around for a few years and saw no progress and picked up injuries.

I finally acknowledged how weak I really am and started a program in 5/3/1 that made me start light, light for me, which is basically nothing.
I am doing overhead presses at 25kg for my 5+ and my 38 FSL work with just the bar, using perfect form and not divebombing or letting the weight slam down.

I managed to squat without hurting myself for the first time in a long time by simply dropping the weight and hammering perfect reps out at a low weight.
Deadlifts were my Eureka moment, I did my 5+ last night at 62.5kg and my FSL work for 3x8 at 50kg, followed by kettlebell swings and stretching. For the first time in my life I woke up and my hamstrings felt used from deadlifting.

I stopped procrastinating and over researching diet and routines and decided I was doing 531 and getting my protein and veggies in and beer and bread would not ruin my progress.
Anyway after the first week I have visibly lost weight as multiple people have noticed and brought it upon themselves to tell me, had my first week of working out without old injuries flaring up, set running and cycling PR’s and am enjoying working out for the first time in years.
Realising how bad you suck and stopping lying to yourself about the level you are really at or procrastinating by hopping programs or diet fads it seems is all you need to start making actual progress.

Thanks Jim, love the program and will be buying the book to show my support!

Don’t ever say “you suck”. You are not embracing that. What you are doing is taking an honest look at where you are at NOW and doing things the correct way to make sure in 2-3 years you are far beyond what you ever thought possible. Small steps, done everyday add up.

Patient progress yields fast results. You see this all the time when people stop having an anxiety attack over there TM and just do the goddamn work. Keep yourself honest and keep plugging away. You are on the correct path.

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:
Don’t ever say “you suck”. You are not embracing that. What you are doing is taking an honest look at where you are at NOW and doing things the correct way to make sure in 2-3 years you are far beyond what you ever thought possible. Small steps, done everyday add up.

Patient progress yields fast results. You see this all the time when people stop having an anxiety attack over there TM and just do the goddamn work. Keep yourself honest and keep plugging away. You are on the correct path. [/quote]

Thanks Jim!