Embarrassing Favorites

That damn “Since You’ve Been Gone” song…

anything by cindy lauper…actually I’m not embarrassed about that…

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:
I have a CD called “romantic hits of the 80s” and play it often in my truck. I have to turn it down when stopped at a stop light.

I’ve also cranked up Celine Deon’s Titanic song just before going to the gym.[/quote]

Please say it ain’t so!!! :smiley:

OK, I really like It’s Not Unusual by Tom Jones. I think it has something to do with liking The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air while I was growing up, Carlton dancing that song was such a riot!

In fact, I like many of Tom Jones’ upbeat songs. Last Christmas my girlfriend asked me if there was something I would like her to buy me. I’m not much for presents, so I said “how about Tom Jones’ Greatest Hits?” She gave me a cold stare and asked “you’re kidding, right?” in such a way that I had to fake a smile and reply “of course!”

Please don’t anybody tell her I wasn’t!!!

Rick Astley. Sabrina.

And a couple of other artists who came out from the Stock, Aitken (sp?), and Waterman pop stable in the 80s.

[quote]gordonshumway wrote:
Barry Manilow. I have his greatest hits and I love to listen to it if my wife isn’t in the car.[/quote]

Yes my friend, that is my dark secret as well. (This message will self destruct in 10 seconds…)

living la vida loca - it’s just so damn catchy. i even have a rock remake of this song by a punk band

man, i feel emasculated…

“La Vida Loca” by Ricky Martin. Say what you will about him, but that tune friggin ROCKS!

[quote]Fonebone wrote:
“La Vida Loca” by Ricky Martin. Say what you will about him, but that tune friggin ROCKS![/quote]

LOL, that’s my karaoke song when I’m REALY drunk! I’ve had the best responses to that song (from women, not men…not that there’s anything wrong with that)

You should see my moves too…

[quote]Miserere wrote:
SWR-1222D wrote:
I have a CD called “romantic hits of the 80s” and play it often in my truck. I have to turn it down when stopped at a stop light.

I’ve also cranked up Celine Deon’s Titanic song just before going to the gym.

Please say it ain’t so!!! :smiley:
[/quote]

Uh, yea, someone else logged on with my username. That wasn’t me…I mean, maybe I was drunk when I typed that, or, no, I mean, the person who stole my password was drunk and typed that…Celine Dion? Please…

[quote]dahun2 wrote:
Burn, by Deep Purple

“…the sky is red
a woment is dead
and she said burn…”[/quote]

You shouldn’t be embarrassed by that. David Coverdale rocks!

OK. Here goes. Anything by John Denver. I said it. I feel better now.

[quote]dukefan4ever wrote:
OK. Here goes. Anything by John Denver. I said it. I feel better now.[/quote]

You know, I’m a John Denver fan myself.

“You fill up my senses, like a night in the forest…”

Song gets me every time.

The other song that I’d be embarrassed to admit is “back in the high life” by Steve Winwood. But hey, it’s a song about makin’ it through the hard times, and still having hope…

This is a cool thread…

GAINER

The Bangles man. The Bangles. I had a thing for susanna hoffs back in the day. “Walk like an Egyptian”

Paradise by the Dashboard Lights by Meatloaf. And if you repeat that to anybody, I’ll deny I ever said it.

We’re running with the shadows of the night,
so baby, take my hand–it’ll be all right
Surrender all your dreams to me tonight,
they’ll come true in the end.

ha ha good thread ! my mom used to play “you don’t bring me flowers” by neil diamond and barbara striesend all the time . when i’m working people have overheard me singing it to myself.

also i have some miles davis where he plays “time after time” by cyndi lauper and i like that tune. so once we were cruising in the car and my buddy’s flippin’ the radio and he flips by cyndi singing it and i jumped “wait !! go back !!” and everybody punched me.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
they’ll come true in the end.[/quote]

Shit!!! I really thought I was the only person alive who knew and liked that song!

I touch myself, I want you to touch me
divynals

hey mickey, Toni basil

the first one s really not embarrasing
its kind of a theme song

[quote]BH6 wrote:
The Bangles man. The Bangles. I had a thing for susanna hoffs back in the day. “Walk like an Egyptian”[/quote]

Suzanna Hoffs, is still the bomb diggity

[quote]djohns wrote:
harris447 wrote:
they’ll come true in the end.

Shit!!! I really thought I was the only person alive who knew and liked that song![/quote]

I like a lot of the songs mentioned here. “Living la Vita Loca” from Shrek 2 is the best version of that song. One of my favorites is “Into the Night” by Benny Mardonis. Some other good ones, “Baker Street” (don’t know the guy’s name), “Open Arms” by Journey. There are a bunch of others that I can’t think of right now.

Cool Thread,
DB

Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers…

-Nate