Embarrassing Favorites

OK. Lets see who’s brave here. Everyone has that one song(or songs) that he likes… and would never admit to anyone. So lets hear it…what’s your most embarrassing favorite song?

I’ll go first…I like the song “The Rose” by Bette Midler. Holy shit! did I really just write that? My street cred is no more.

Well, don’t tell anyone, but I do my cardio warmup to “Barbie Girl” on the mp3 player.

I’m a Barbie girl
In a Barbie world
Dressed in plastic
It’s fantastic…

if WEST END GIRLS by The Pet Shop Boys was playing i probably would not turn it off. dammit

ps

ROCK LOBSTER!!!

actually, everybody knows i love that song. actually, i never even heard the song till Peter Griffin sang it. roflpalooza!

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
Well, don’t tell anyone, but I do my cardio warmup to “Barbie Girl” on the mp3 player.

I’m a Barbie girl
In a Barbie world
Dressed in plastic
It’s fantastic…

[/quote]

I worked with some norwegians who would listen to that song full blast every morning. After about ten days I started to hear it all of the time.

My Embarrassing song would be blame it on the rain by none other than Mili Vanilli. Hey don’t judge me they were very popular for several days in the 1990’s.

I have a CD called “romantic hits of the 80s” and play it often in my truck. I have to turn it down when stopped at a stop light.

I’ve also cranked up Celine Deon’s Titanic song just before going to the gym.

[quote]wufwugy wrote:
ROCK LOBSTER!!!

actually, everybody knows i love that song. actually, i never even heard the song till Peter Griffin sang it. roflpalooza![/quote]

We were at the beach
Everybody had matching towels
Somebody went under a dock
And there they saw a rock
But it wasn’t a rock…
It was a ROCK LOBSTER…

ROCK LOBSTER…

ROCK LOBSTAAA!

[quote]Jillybop wrote:

I’m a Barbie girl
In a Barbie world
Dressed in plastic
It’s fantastic…

[/quote]

My 5 yr old daughter loves that song and just about everything else by Aqua. Its rather disturbing.

“Too Shy” by Kajagoogoo sp.?

and “Take on Me” by Ah ha

Fuck.

Alright, alright, Our Lips our sealed, The Go, Go’s and Heart of Glass, Blondie.

Love Shack…

Tin Roof…

Rusted!

At one time I owned every CD by the Swedish pop duo Roxette. There are a few later albums that I still don’t own(yet).

I still have them all on my MP3 player(still own the CDs), and know every song from those albums by heart including the Greatest Hits album. After that, I stopped buying CDs for a while.

I would say Straight Up by Paula Abdul, but I’m not embarrassed by it.

Burn, by Deep Purple

“…the sky is red
a woment is dead
and she said burn…”

Roxette, Listen to Your Heart. But in all fairness, my mom used to be in a band that covered that song when I was younger, so it has sentimental value.

Don’t Turn Around by Ace of Base. Oh ya… I went there.

Barry Manilow. I have his greatest hits and I love to listen to it if my wife isn’t in the car.

[quote]royalgoober wrote:
We were at the beach
Everybody had matching towels
Somebody went under a dock
And there they saw a rock
But it wasn’t a rock…
It was a ROCK LOBSTER…

ROCK LOBSTER…

ROCK LOBSTAAA![/quote]

“Yeah…You’re gonna be all right…”

-Nate

My mom always used to play Chicago and Air Supply when I was a kid. So “I’m all out of love” and others I still really enjoy listening to.

for someone who can barely get out a swearword, I secretly delight in…
“ain’t no fun” by snoop, nate dogg, etc.

makes me want to gag, c-walk and write some second generation feminist rant all at once.
(GPP much?)