Embarrassed Movie-Watcher

Alex and Emma
starring Luke Wilson and Kate Hudson

I’ve seen the movie 4 times even thought about saving it to the tivo.

All right, one more. Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure.

(King) “Put them in the iron maiden!”

(Bill & Ted) “Iron Maiden? Excellent!” (air-guitar riff)

(King) "Execute them!

(Bill & Ted) “Bogus!”

A lot of these movies really aren’t movies you guys should be embarassed about. Tron, Princess Bride, Disney anything, Pixar anything, sheese, classics all :slight_smile:

Movies I’m embarassed to admit I watched? Um, Glitter (Mariah Carey), Today You Die (straight to DVD Seagal), I own Tiger Claws 1, 2 and 3, horrible movies, but I’ll watch anything with Chong Li in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Never Ending Story (part one).

I still don’t know what name he gave the princess to save her world and defeat the nothing.

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:

I still don’t know what name he gave the princess to save her world and defeat the nothing.[/quote]

His mother’s name.

Yes, I am a fan.

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:

I still don’t know what name he gave the princess to save her world and defeat the nothing.[/quote]

Oh dude, that movie is awesome. Atrayu rocks. Bastian is a little bitch face though.

[quote]Sabrina wrote:
Babe rules! :wink:

For me, Bridget Jones’s Diary. [/quote]

But you’re a chick, why would you be embarrassed about that?

I just thought of some more:
“Shall We Dance” terrible movie, but I actually enjoyed it somewhat (I was on a plane, ok?). Another plane movie I watched and liked (sort of) was the 2nd Bridget Jones movie, the one in Thailand with Hugh Grant. Come to think of it, Hugh Grant makes me laugh in everything I’ve seen him in. Time to order some M, I guess.

DB

[quote]Xvim wrote:
Movies I’m embarassed to admit I watched? Um, Glitter (Mariah Carey), [/quote]

That is embarrassing, unless you watched it purely to see Mariah in tight clothes.

DB

Oh yeah, I’m addicted to “Sex in the City.”

Breakin’ 2 - Electric Boogaloo

True cinematic art.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
ScrambyEggs wrote:
The Princess Bride

You do NOT have to be embarrassed!
Classic movie[/quote]

I love that film.

“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”

Anyone with small children has to deal with watching the Disney films, most of which are descent enough. “Emporers New Groove” may be one of the funniest of the last ten years.

Will also admit to watching “The Cutting Edge” and “Grease”, only becuase my wife usually wants to have sex after watching it.

“Stone Cold” - The movie that starred Brian Bosworth.

The Black Hole

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Sabrina wrote:
Babe rules! :wink:

For me, Bridget Jones’s Diary.

But you’re a chick, why would you be embarrassed about that?

I just thought of some more:
“Shall We Dance” terrible movie, but I actually enjoyed it somewhat (I was on a plane, ok?). Another plane movie I watched and liked (sort of) was the 2nd Bridget Jones movie, the one in Thailand with Hugh Grant. Come to think of it, Hugh Grant makes me laugh in everything I’ve seen him in. Time to order some M, I guess.

DB[/quote]

Yeah what is it about watching movies on a plane that seem to make them better than they are? Is it because you’re stuck there anyway so any sort of entertainment is good?

I saw “Fever Pitch” on a plane back in July and liked it, so I rented it with my gf later that month and watched it again. And you know what?

It sucked!

That movie sucked! But I liked it on the plane, enough to want to pay to watch it again! Fuck!

GAINER

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Breakin’ 2 - Electric Boogaloo

True cinematic art. [/quote]

I saw that in the theater when it first came out. I love Ozone, Turbo, Special K

“Aint no stoppin us…no stoppin”

Ice T was in that one, too. He was the MC.

[quote]ipjunkie wrote:
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension:

Where are we going??

PLANET 10!!!

When are we going there?

REAL SOON!!

“So what? Big Deal.”[/quote]

I am a die hard BB fan. Hence the name Buckaroo! Even have a BB t-shirt. Perfect Tommy, Rawhide, New Jersey, the blue blazer regulars. Damn I’m a geek.

The victory march at the end of the movie is a classic. Too bad the sequel never got off the ground.

Let’s see, movies I’m ashamed to like? I’m not really ashamed of any, because if I like it, I like it. Who cares? But, I’d like to comment on some other posts.

First off, I do like the Disney and Pixar movies, but who doesn’t.

Princess Bride? One of the best written screenplays EVER.

I noticed some old sci-fi movies in there, like Flash Gordon and the Black Hole. I loved those movies when they came out, but watched Flash Gordon recently and it wasn’t as great as when I was 10. For me, those movies are like old relationships, they always seem better in retrospect.

As far as chick flicks go, I have to admit that I like Romantic Comedies, but not Notebook type movies.

In the spirit of the post, here are a few I enjoyed that weren’t as, um, well recieved:

• Queen of the Damned
  • Reign of Fire
  • Mars Attacks
  • Mystery Men
  • Monkeybone
  • Drowning Mona

Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure

Something about it keeps drawing me back in. I had to buy the damn dvd…

The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Just don’t get caught singing-a-long to " I’m just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania."

Space Balls. The first dvd I ever bought.

You guys shouldn’t be embarrassed by any of this. Maybe the dude who said Gigli…

Here’s a real one:
I currently own Moulin Rouge on DVD. I remember watching it from blockbuster with one of my ex-girlfriends a while back and thinking “Damn that Obi-wan Kenobi guy can sing…” I watched my DVD about six months ago when I was piss drunk with a lady friend back at the house, and she was quite surprised that I owned it. Go figure.

SHE: “Hey… wasn’t that originally an Elton John song?”
ME: “Yes.”
SHE: “That Obi-wan Kenobi guy can fuckin’ SING!”
ME: “Yeah, I know.”

Now, I’m going to go one step further with this online confessional, and not only say that I like Moulin Rouge, I will challenge you dudes to check it out for yourselves… despite the estrogenicity risk of liking something similar to a musical. I suggest whiskey and a female to go along with it. You might also want to be like dollarbill and strap your sack in with some tinfoil… can’t hurt.