Embarrasing Numbers...

Yeh man, you’re stronger than me in the bench. Okay numbers. Adding to what modi said, don’t forget prehab exercises for the shoulders and stuff (sorry to patronise if you’re already on it). I shudder to think what you’ll achieve if you get 9-10 hrs sleep daily. keep on bruv

[quote]FFB4Life wrote:

Now to get to the point. Here are my numbers:

Bench: 235
Squats: 240
DL’s: 285

I realize my squats and DL numbers suck balls and that for T-Nation’ers my bench ain’t all that impressive either.

[/quote]

Honestly, I wouldn’t worry too much about how you stack up to what you’ve read in posts here, there or anywhere. Like it has been stated, this the internet, and people like to bullshit like it’s their career.

Even if your numbers are in actuality lower than somebody else, don’t freak out you’ll get there. Oh and I know what it’s like to train hard and not get your 9-10 hrs of sleep. I lose allot of sleep, and I do fine.

I’ll probably never post my numbers, unless it’s very relevant, and I’ve never been in a thread where my personal numbers would have added anything to mine or another persons point(s).

BTW, since you brought up your numbers OP, I am concerned that you did not mention your Over Head Press, + Weighted Chin/Pullup. I think you should be as concerned for those as you are for Squat/DL. In fact I am more concerned for those numbers because they where left out of your stats.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

n3wb:
Intersting advice but I have to be careful as I’m an FFB.

Tribulus: I like your school of thought.

TornadoTommy: I was doing total body workouts three times a week for a while and it just felt too easy so I thought I’d try a 4x a week program for four weeks to see how that goes. It’s kicking my ass but I thought 7 full days off after killing myself for four weeks would help. It appears, judging by reactions in this thread as well as in others, that this is unwise.

[quote]LAMF wrote:
I am concerned that you did not mention your Over Head Press, + Weighted Chin/Pullup. I think you should be as concerned for those as you are for Squat/DL. In fact I am more concerned for those numbers because they where left out of your stats.
[/quote]

I actually never tried max effort lifts for overhead press or weighted chins.

But I can tell you that when I do DB shoulder presses 4x6 this past Monday I did:

65 lb DB’s the first set
70 lb DB’s the second set
70 lb DB’s on the third set
65 lb DB’s on the fourth set

On my week off I think I’ll try a max lift with a barbell to see what I can do.

As far as weighted pull ups I feel I’m a bit weak in this department as well.

Weighted pull ups, wide grip, palms facing away from face. I do them 4x6 (also this past Monday) and I add only ten pounds.

Weighted chins are a little easier but I only add 12.5 pounds for 4x6.

Now you got me interested in figuring out what my max lifts are for these movements. But it’ll have to wait until my week off.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
If your numbers are a bit higher this month than they were last month then you’re doing fine. I compete only against myself because it’s the only standard that means anything. I’ll never be as strong as some guys and if I made that my measure I’d quit out of frustration in fairly short order.[/quote]

Damn, I’m gone for a month and return to Trib still being a voice of reason and common sense. Nice job.

All of this–all of this! is simply to be the best you can be. My only concern about ‘my numbers’ is whether those numbers are aiding me in my current goal. Never worry about the next guy. Don’t worry about quick fixes.

You seem to have a good grasp of what you are doing and what you want. As long as you are making progress, keep going. When that stalls reevaluate your goals and move forward.

[quote]FFB4Life wrote:

Now you got me interested in figuring out what my max lifts are for these movements. But it’ll have to wait until my week off.[/quote]

These movements should interest you. Also, you should see what you are Horizontal Rowing. It’s important to execute movements opposite of each other, and try to keep them around the same numbers. You don’t want to bench 405, and only BB Row 225. That’s not good for you.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Damn, I’m gone for a month and return to Trib still being a voice of reason and common sense. Nice job.

All of this–all of this! is simply to be the best you can be. >>>
[/quote]

Thank you sir, coming from you that means a lot. I did notice you were absent BTW. I thought maybe you needed a break for a while or something.

Younger fellas especially, I think, get hung up on this more than us more aged guys.

Take your time. Good transformation, and it only gets better.

I don’t think 4 Total Body workouts a week is too much if your following Waterbury’s guidelines. Doesn’t Waterbury have some of his clients using 8 training sessions per week? However, it is wise to change your workouts frequently.