Elvis: The King

Given my chosen T Nation moniker, I thought it was only fitting to ask us all to take a moment of silence on this … The anniversary of the day Elvis FAKED his death in 1977.

I firmly believe he is happily living in a condo at The Villages as we speak …

LOL! please tell me this is sarcasm!!

Lol … I’m not a smart man, but I’m not that delusional

Anyone know what Elvis’ last words were?

" CORN ???"

[quote]Velvet Elvis wrote:
Lol … I’m not a smart man, but I’m not that delusional

Anyone know what Elvis’ last words were? [/quote]

“Ok i won’t”?

Fuck, outta shit tickets??

Lord have Mercy?

Love his music especially this song

Another great one

Coincidentally had a conversation with some doddery old feller yesterday about Elvis’ acting career, prompted me to see King Creole again, which is my favourite Elvis feature.

In this version of ‘Are you lonesome tonight?’ He changed the lyrics from something like ‘Do you gaze at your doorstep and wish I was there’ to ‘Do you gaze at your bald head and wish you had hair?’ When he spotted a bald man in the audience and then couldn’t finish the song without laughing his arse off.

Elvis actually switched places with an impersonator and that’s the guy who died. the real Elvis is living in s nursing home with JFK, who’s race was changed by the cia after the attempted assassination. thet now fight supernatural beings and stuff

Apparently The King’s favorite sandwich, prior to faking his demise, was called the “Fools Gold Loaf.” It consisted of :

One LOAF of hollowed out Italian bread

One JAR of PB

One JAR of grape jelly

And one POUND of bacon

…talk about a gut bomb…

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:

Another great one [/quote]
Did he do this before Willie?

[quote]Patriarch wrote:

Another great one [/quote]
Did he do this before Willie?[/quote]
I’m not really sure

Snap poll … Favorite Elvis :

50’s teen idol

60’s leather clad comeback

70’s bloated rhinestone festooned drug addict

For me, nothing beats the huge sunglasses, caped costumes, and giggling gyrations of the 70’s version… The muttonchops only add to the awesomeness … And the fat karate kicks in concert are pure gold

[quote]Patriarch wrote:
I’m not really sure[/quote]

Learn something new everyday. Elvis did it in 1972 and it was a hit. Willie Nelson didn’t record it until 1982, and he won a Grammy with it.

[quote]Patriarch wrote:

[quote]Patriarch wrote:
I’m not really sure[/quote]

Learn something new everyday. Elvis did it in 1972 and it was a hit. Willie Nelson didn’t record it until 1982, and he won a Grammy with it. [/quote]

They don’t call him the King for nothing.

I still remember I was at the zoo with my mom and dad and they announced over the speaker that Elivis was dead.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I still remember I was at the zoo with my mom and dad and they announced over the speaker that Elivis was dead.[/quote]

Dude, I know what you mean … I remember too

Nine years old, just got back from football practice, still wearing my pants/ pads … Dad was in front of the huge floor model console TV watching the " interruption to your regularly scheduled program " with the bad news

I remember laying in bed crying that night … Not because I loved Elvis, but at 9 years old in the 70’s he was the one name in music everyone knew … I couldn’t name another performer at that age if my life depended on it … Even though I couldn’t name a single song he sung, Elvis WAS music to my little brain

Funny - the snippets of life that last seconds, and stay with you forever