EliteFTS Rack Bolts

Hi. I just ordered the combo power rack. standard rack with bench all in black. My question is, the nuts dont tighten all the way. Should I get different nuts? Also, which way does the rack face on the sides? should it be smooth on the outside with the piece bulging out in the middle (to connect the center piece) or should that be on the outside and be smooth on the inside? thanks

This might be a question best directed to EliteFTS themselves. I have heard nothing but good things about their customer service so you might want to even call them.

i went and got some 1/2" nuts. the problem was the nuts wouldnt screw through the bolt because of the ring in it. im having the “plate” face inward as well.

Are you sure those rings aren’t just locking washers? My power rack has those in them. Just something to consider.

[quote]honest_lifter wrote:
Are you sure those rings aren’t just locking washers? My power rack has those in them. Just something to consider.[/quote]

That’s exactly what they are. He just needs to tighten through them. When I put my rack together, I used an impact driver and just blazed through them.