ELITEFTS Has Cut All Ties With Metal Powerlifting Over Comments Made By Its Founder

I just double checked to make sure, Metal single ply gear is not on the IPF approved list anyway. Their belts, knee sleeves, wrist wraps, and singlets are what is allowed in the IPF/affiliates.

Wellā€¦ I was not expecting this but glad to see they are on board too!

4 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s a real surprise.

Same, but whoā€™s gonna buy it now?

USAPL banned Metal, USPA prohibited Metal items.

The main reason I bought a metal belt was because it was an economic IPF-approved option that I could also use for USPA

True story. I think it escalated since that post as well a bit.

I havenā€™t seen any strongman fed take a stance against them yet.

Dang I might have some potential buyers then. Gonna put that money towards a custom pioneer belt.

Just an FYI, I got a pioneer belt from EliteFTS for a lot cheaper with free shipping. Not custom, but I really like the leather treatment.

IIRC, I paid $120 and got sent some free wraps at the time (cyber Monday). I think with shipping you are over $200 from pioneer for something similar. Pioneer makes all the EliteFTS branded belts IIRC. Maybe something to consider.

I donā€™t think it is IPF approved though. I think you can buy the same belt from A7 as well for more money and then it is approved. Stupid USAPL/IPF.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking about the A7 too. Having USAPL/IPF approval is nice, but I mostly lift USPA anyway since Iā€™m a USPA official.

Iā€™ve also only used a prong belt, so not sure if I wanna try lever this time around, or if Iā€™d go pioneer cut. If I got custom route, I wanna do the gold sparkle with burgundy in the inside.

I really like USPA. I think the judging is consistent from what I have seen and per the rule book. USAPL seems to have instances of judging harder than the rule book. UPA which I have competed in, seems to judge based on did that resemble a squat, which is disappointing when you trained and competed to the standard.

I love the pioneer cut. I was skeptical, but became a believer. I know two others with the pioneer cut, and both like it too. I would only do a lever if you like the same tightness for all of your lifts. I like tighter on squats than deadlifts, so a lever would be a pain.

1 Like

Yeah same here, and my belt position changes slightly per lift.

I am not a power lifter, but I like to let my weight fluctuate like Tom Hanks preparing for a role. Iā€™ve been a huge (pun absolutely intended) fan of the pioneer cut - it definitely adds some ease.

I see the benefit of a lever belt for strongman or a competition where changing equipment quickly is a benefit. For convenience on static gym lifts, I think single prong has the advantage (but Iā€™ve only tried anything else when someone has it and lets me, so not enough to really give an evaluation).

1 Like

Itā€™s actually the worst choice for Strongman. If you use a belt, itā€™s going to be different for virtually every event. I have a lever, and I doubt itā€™s been on me 20 times since I bought it.

2 Likes

Ha! And thatā€™s where it shows up that I havenā€™t actually tried it and Iā€™m just guessing!

You see them, but those guys often have more than one belt and use the lever for very specific things. Like Joukka Ahola had a belt specifically for pulling trucks and such. It had lead sewn into it, because body weight is very important in that event - and it doesnā€™t require a belt.

1 Like

if itā€™s any consolation, I definitely prefer the lever for strongman. Way better for medleys where some parts are good for a belt and others not. But I also think having a different belt setting for different lifts is weird.

With a lever, you can have the ā€œbuckleā€ to the side or behind you. That helps for some events. That doesnā€™t really work for prongs

Iā€™m not sure I use different settings for different lifts either. Iā€™ll think about paying attention to that. Itā€™s mostly different levels of fatness

Yeah, Iā€™ll have to adjust the belt every once in a while as my weight drops or increases.

Which I also find confusing. I think I must have the best luck in the world when it comes to levers/lever belts, as Iā€™ve had to get 3 different types of levers due to various matters of stupidity, yet for all I hear about how much of a pain in the butt it is to change tightness on a lever, mine have never taken more than 5 minutes and a screwdriver to get changed out.

2 Likes

Donā€™t think that this is being mentioned but SBD is offering free replacement equipment for those that have purchased Metal products in the past year and have proof of purchase.

2 Likes