Eliteballa3's 3 Weeks Progress Pic

Dude, I swear I was fucking laughing more than I should with all this threat! :joy:

Letā€™s see the progress pics (with the obligatory shoe).

Getting my popcorn.

1 Like

EB just so you know, youve become a legend in the hallowed tomes of tnation forums. We still talk about you and make references to shoes lmao

All sorts of blasts from the past in hereā€¦

1 Like

This made me lol :joy:

Just thought he should understand how legendary weā€™re talkin here lol

Hallowed was a prolific poster back in the day and contributed to some infamous changes here.

Shit I completely forgot about that already :joy:. I love making a joke and it ends up being funnier than intended

well, after over a decade did you finally learn to stop training so much and focus on stuffing your body with food?

I doubt it. the OCD lifters (I call them that) always are counting macros and making sure they hit the gym erryday. Iā€™ve only ever seen this pay off for guys taking PEDs or those with excellent genetics (actually those guys are probably using PEDs too) at least at the gyms I used to go to.

After my undergraduate years where I was young enough to workout about 4-5 days a week for an intense 60 minutes on an antagonist split and use my never-ending hunger to my advantage to put on about 15 lbs. muscle (23 lbs. total) in 2 years things stopped working so well in the gym in terms of progress.

Graduate school I had less time and spent 4 days a week doing 30 minute workouts, again, antagonist splits and though my appetite decreased significantly with the workload and stress of grad school I just ā€˜devlolvedā€™ to the basics in my garage where there is only a dip/pullup station, 1 bench with 2 sets of dumbbells (20 lbs, and 40 lbs.)

Iā€™m certainly not ā€˜oldā€™ but my drive for looking good nekked has diminished as years of working hard as hell in my undergraduate gym paid off and I didnā€™t need a confidence booster because every girl I met and slept with always responding with ā€¦damnā€¦

HOWEVER, years later with a child on the way and a pregnant girlfriend that I love very much my priorities have shifted, probably not permanently, but at least for now.

I noticed in ā€˜my glory daysā€™ of working out in the school gym that I felt like a monster but in reality was only a solid 175 lbs. with muscle in the right places to make myself stand out. When I had to drop my intensity (primarily squats and compound movements involving my legs due to degenerative disc disease, I was limited to reverse lunges with dumbbells and my ass and hamstrings grew more than 5 years of squats had done for me) I still felt small, weak, and somewhat depressed that in ā€˜my mindā€™ I would never be able to grow like I did when I was younger.

WRONG. Again, small 30 min workouts in the mornings followed by homecooked meals like stews, oven roasted meats, and the occasional double pack of ramen to shove myself with carbs and low-and-beholdā€¦I am now 185 lbs after a year-off attempting to correct or at least lessen the back pain I constantly felt that left me at 155 lbs.

There are always ways around deficiencies whether metabolism-based, health-based, or mental blocks that blind you from trying to understand WHY you arenā€™t growing if thatā€™s your goal and not making excuses because you followed program A from guru G and go barely any results.

Listen to your body and lose your abs. You will get them back, I promise. Eat everything you can and maybe donā€™t workout as much, you seem to already have a very high metabolism. If you stay stubborn Iā€™m sure we will hear from you again in another decade looking the same and asking the exact same advice AGAIN. Forget the muscle on your arms. Focus on growing your whole body. You arms will follow and when at least an inch or so thicker you can start working on isolation exercises. Until then, youā€™re hitting your head against the wall.

1 Like

13 years.
8 years.

Funny either way.
Wonder if op learned how to take progress photos. Are you huge yet?

Dude. No reason for actual lifting talk here. That ship sailed long ago.

Hilarious though. I canā€™t believe itā€™s been so long either. The shoe thing NEVER DIED!!! Absolutely fucking amazing that we still make that joke on here basically every single time someone mentions bodyfat %.

OMG itā€™s eliteballa