[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
He has been perceived by the media and the public as being soft and a non-leader of men on his team. While I do NOT like him since I am a Dallas fan, I will say that this should and is changing that perception. IMO most if not all professional players are not soft in any way, to make it to that level takes physical and mental strength. [/quote]

This[/quote]

Lol. Okay a real question, will Eli go down as the best QB the Giants ever had?[/quote]

Phil Simms and YA Tittle might have something to say about that.[/quote]

Agreed, just wondering. I really hate the Giants, but I am a football fan so just thought I would ask. [/quote]

The feelings mutual Cowgirls fan. Eli’s strong points are, He is a great in the 2 minute drill, and when given license to audible he is usually on point with his calls. He’s also kind of scrappy when it comes down to it. I don’t think he has missed a single game due to injury.

The stuff that pisses me off about him is that he CANNOT THROW FOR SHIT IN GIANTS STADIUM DURING WINTER, I watched him two seasons ago when we got home field advantage during the playoffs and he threw fucking ducks the entire game. The visiting QB I believe it was Mcnabb made him look like a 80yr old man throwing a bowling ball in a hurricane. How is it an opposing QB is gonna come to your stadium and throw tighter spirals than you?

Also like previously stated he always has this “which way did he go?” look on his face during the game. Kinda cross between Cleetus the Slackjawed yokel and Beaky Buzzard (the slow vulture from Looney Tunes).

Either way I’m still a diehard Giant’s fan and As far as out greatest QB is concerned, I’ll give it to Simms, then Collins, then Eli. Everybody knows It’s our D that wins games though.[/quote]

Really pootie got to pull the cowgirl comment? Its cool. Hopefully for you the little giants can win as many super bowls as the COWBOYS some day. I hate him in particular because he has had the Cowboys number for a few years now. Cant wait for the season. [/quote]

Yeah i couldn’t resist it. I honestly think the Cowboners have a lot of talent on your team, but they shoot themselves in the foot too often and team cohesiveness goes down the shitter quickly. U guys need a hardnose coach.[/quote]

Yea talk about confused looks on his face. Phillips looks like grandpa lost his slippers. If they dont do it this year Jerry will kick out Phillips and then bring on Bill Cowher.[/quote]

That would be a great fit for you guys, so naturally I don’t want you guys to get him.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
He has been perceived by the media and the public as being soft and a non-leader of men on his team. While I do NOT like him since I am a Dallas fan, I will say that this should and is changing that perception. IMO most if not all professional players are not soft in any way, to make it to that level takes physical and mental strength. [/quote]

This[/quote]

Lol. Okay a real question, will Eli go down as the best QB the Giants ever had?[/quote]

Phil Simms and YA Tittle might have something to say about that.[/quote]

Agreed, just wondering. I really hate the Giants, but I am a football fan so just thought I would ask. [/quote]

The feelings mutual Cowgirls fan. Eli’s strong points are, He is a great in the 2 minute drill, and when given license to audible he is usually on point with his calls. He’s also kind of scrappy when it comes down to it. I don’t think he has missed a single game due to injury.

The stuff that pisses me off about him is that he CANNOT THROW FOR SHIT IN GIANTS STADIUM DURING WINTER, I watched him two seasons ago when we got home field advantage during the playoffs and he threw fucking ducks the entire game. The visiting QB I believe it was Mcnabb made him look like a 80yr old man throwing a bowling ball in a hurricane. How is it an opposing QB is gonna come to your stadium and throw tighter spirals than you?

Also like previously stated he always has this “which way did he go?” look on his face during the game. Kinda cross between Cleetus the Slackjawed yokel and Beaky Buzzard (the slow vulture from Looney Tunes).

Either way I’m still a diehard Giant’s fan and As far as out greatest QB is concerned, I’ll give it to Simms, then Collins, then Eli. Everybody knows It’s our D that wins games though.[/quote]

Really pootie got to pull the cowgirl comment? Its cool. Hopefully for you the little giants can win as many super bowls as the COWBOYS some day. I hate him in particular because he has had the Cowboys number for a few years now. Cant wait for the season. [/quote]

Yeah i couldn’t resist it. I honestly think the Cowboners have a lot of talent on your team, but they shoot themselves in the foot too often and team cohesiveness goes down the shitter quickly. U guys need a hardnose coach.[/quote]

Yea talk about confused looks on his face. Phillips looks like grandpa lost his slippers. If they dont do it this year Jerry will kick out Phillips and then bring on Bill Cowher.[/quote]

That would be a great fit for you guys, so naturally I don’t want you guys to get him. [/quote]

So if you guys go 8-8 again you think your coach will still be there? Maybe you mite be in the running for Cowher. Contest between our owner and yours who would win Cowher?

Eli isn’t soft, he just looks like a little kid. He looks so unintimidating…but he has the same number of SuperBowl rings as his brother and is a pretty good QB…I hope he goes down as the greatest…but I would be surprised if he could ever surpass Phil Simms.

Peyton is my fav player…he affects the outcome of a game like no other…He is what happens when skill and talent meets ambition, perfectionism, and leadership.

Eli could have flooped around like a little girl after those hits, but he took it like a man.

I play Semi pro football and the hitting is pretty hard, but helmets almost never pop off…I can’t imagine how hard the real pro’s hit…

[quote]spk wrote:
eli manning is everywhere today. front page internet. sports page… espn has a big deal on him.
the guy got 12 stitches…
the same hockey player will get 12 stitches 3-4-5 times in a season and NOTHING will be said about that.
why all the fuss about eli?

hell i played ice hockey from 1967 - 1980. made it to the semi pro level, and i got banged up alot. thats part of the game.

why the big deal and all the front page news on eli?? [/quote]

Because football is about, I don’t know, a million times more popular than hockey?

[quote]DJHT wrote:

So if you guys go 8-8 again you think your coach will still be there? Maybe you mite be in the running for Cowher. Contest between our owner and yours who would win Cowher?[/quote]

Depends on how the rest of the Eastern conference plays. If 8 - 8 gets us into the playoffs he’ll still be there but if not… He has gotten a shit load of slack because he won the superbowl so I think the Giants would stick with him until the next season.

I wasn’t extremely excited about how the defense played on third downs. So we just might go 8-8 if they keep that crap up.