Elevator Mechanic Jobs

My son has been trying to get an Elevator Mechanic job for a few years. Has taken the tests and interviews all of which he passed in 3 different areas. Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco. He is on the ‘list’ for 2 and awaiting the results of the last interview in San Fran. Is there any way to find out where you are currently at on the ‘list’? In Las Vegas he was 26th. In L.A. he was 403rd. He is getting discouraged without getting any information. He said they tell you when you test/interview not to bug them by calling the union hall for information. :confused:

Thanks,
M

I can’t help you, but heard the industry has its ups and downs.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
I can’t help you, but heard the industry has its ups and downs.[/quote]

She got the elevator
I got the shaft.

Wait a sec - maybe this should be in one of the PUA threads

Those are one of the jobs where you have to know someone on the inside, so they can check on your status and talk you up if possible. This is pretty prevalent in many union-trades jobs.

I knew one guy who worked for Otis in NYC, great job once you get in. NYC has zillions of elevators, great job security if you keep your nose clean.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
I can’t help you, but heard the industry has its ups and downs.[/quote]

Those elevator guys really push my buttons.

Sounds like a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and quickly make your way to the top.

[quote]tedro wrote:
Sounds like a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and quickly make your way to the top.[/quote]

Bravo!

I feel like I’ve seen this thread on here before… complete w/ same jokes.

[quote]1 Man Island wrote:
I feel like I’ve seen this thread on here before… complete w/ same jokes.[/quote]

Elevator jokes work on many different levels.

SM, I find your jokes uplifting.

[quote]1 Man Island wrote:

Dude, your post is bringing me down.