T Nation

Electrical Muscle Stimulation

Has anyone used an EMS device? If so, which one and do you find it useful?

I am debating getting the PowerDot.

I’ve used one about 30 years ago. It was my brother’s that he used after a spinal chord injury to strengthen muscles that had atrophied. It didn’t really work for me.

The other time was when I dislocated my back. The doc placed it above the injury and created an interference to block/greatly reduce pain. That worked like a champ!

What are you planning on uusing it for?

Planning on using it for my back and ass. I’ve been driving a lot more for work and wake up with my back and hips in pain.

As a follow up: I ended up getting the Powerdot when it was on sale. I’ve used it on my back and glute. I love it so far. The massage setting changes the rhythm throughout. I also put it on the trouble part of my back. The intensity goes from 0-100. I was slightly concerned at how intense it could be, being a major consumer product. That said, I couldn’t exceed 11 on my back.

It’s rather expensive but the I-Myo Pro is a super high intensity neuro electrical stim device that even following the simplest of protocols will help your glutes. Much stronger than any device available. It’s a must for me and helps with my knees and hips particularly.

The I-Myo Pro from AXON is a DC electrical stim device that is as powerful as the ARPWAVE that costs 20K. I-Myo costs 4K. My max # of pushups has increased by 200% using them for my chest. My ACL repaired knee doesn’t hurt nearly as much and my quads and glutes are more defined than ever. This is a strength building device used alone. In conjunction with a hypertrophy program it’s awesome. Also has recovery protocols similar to TENS.

You wouldn’t happen to work for this company, would ya, Billy?

Nope. Don’t work for this company at all. I have a genetic condition that makes my joints unstable and I don’t buy and especially keep, things that don’t work. Has been a game changer for my hips and knees especially. Appreciate the question though. If you have questions about the company i can put you in touch with the owner.