Electric Muscle Stimulators

I am curious about the possible usefulness of one of these tools.

Basically, I was curious if artificially making certain muscles contract with a device like this could potentially help teach your body to actually better contract them by yourself.

no.

[quote]Field wrote:

Basically, I was curious if artificially making certain muscles contract with a device like this could potentially help teach your body to actually better contract them by yourself. [/quote]

No, but touch/proprioception can and does.
One huge reason why no matter how knowledgeable and experienced you are, you still need a partner/coach to give you feedback in your training.

I remember an ad for one of those machines that ran in Muscle & Fitness for years and I always wanted to look like the guy in the ad.

Bruce Lee apparently used one…he’s dead now…just sayin’.

[quote]Field wrote:

Basically, I was curious if artificially making certain muscles contract with a device like this could potentially help teach your body to actually better contract them by yourself. [/quote]

I asked CT this question a couple of years ago and he said they would do the opposite, so I listened and didn’t use one. But his view on it may have changed now.

A fat guy in my work told me I could take my training to the next level if I got one of these

They’re a total waste of jizz.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
They’re a total waste of jizz. [/quote]

Not if you attach it to your sack and turn it on right before you ejaculate…

I have one for a back injury, they’re called home TENS units. They only give me some pain relief while its hooked up and on. Once its off… there is no benefit.

Rob

I read they were good for toning abs. Then a buddy of mine had one and swore by it for ab workouts.

Hmmmm anyone have any direct application experience with these things for toning?

They are meant more so for recovery and injury then actual growth stimulus in my expirence… Used it extensively at a sports rehab to bring down swelling and muscle repair on a pretty badly torn chest muscle.