Election Results Summed Up

And the people trying to debate the OP…

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
And the people trying to debate the OP…[/quote]

This reminds me, did pitbull finally leave?

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

So much for Hispanics being a Democrat block. Obama opened their eyes.[/quote]

Yeah, he knows he doesn’t play this amnesty thing correctly and he will be responsible for losing the fastest growing demographic in America.

I have no doubt the republicans will snatch defeat from the hands of victory here, but it will be interesting to watch.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
And the people trying to debate the OP…[/quote]

This reminds me, did pitbull finally leave?[/quote]

It’s been a while.

Edit:

Funny thing actually, I was on a cruise last week and some random guy had a “CJS” necklace. Chuckled every time I saw him.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]HulkHogieMuncher wrote:

Marijuana is now legal in Oregon, Alaska, and D.C. now it’s legal in every state, there will be less crime, less gangs, less jail crowding, taxes from marijuana that will be useful, possibly less alcohol usage.[/quote]

Yes, and you should have stopped right there…marijuana is not nearly on the same level as LDS and shrooms…not even close bud.[/quote]

I haven’t met too many guys from Utah who claim the LDS is worse than pot and should be banned. You must have some stories to tell. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Whilst in college I could smoke a bowl and go to class, drive safely, go out with friends and have normal conversations…the times I tried LSD…well lets just say social interaction and driving were NOT on the menu.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

Marijuana is now legal in Oregon, Alaska, and D.C. now it’s legal in every state, there will be less crime, less gangs, less jail crowding, taxes from marijuana that will be useful, possibly less alcohol usage.[/quote]

Yes, and you should have stopped right there…marijuana is not nearly on the same level as LDS and shrooms…not even close bud.[/quote]

I haven’t met too many guys from Utah who claim the LDS is worse than pot and should be banned. You must have some stories to tell. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Whilst in college I could smoke a bowl and go to class, drive safely, go out with friends and have normal conversations…the times I tried LSD…well lets just say social interaction and driving were NOT on the menu.
[/quote]

Look closer at the initials in your original post.

Re: LSD, I agree driving is tough when the steering wheel melts and runs down the seat and drips into the back seat and the hood extends several hundred feet in front of you. And the swarms of rabid bats don’t make it any easier.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
And the swarms of rabid bats don’t make it any easier.
[/quote]

And then Tobey Maguire shows up and you need to order some golf shoes.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Re: LSD, I agree driving is tough when the steering wheel melts and runs down the seat and drips into the back seat and the hood extends several hundred feet in front of you. And the swarms of rabid bats don’t make it any easier.

[/quote]

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well shit…I did not notice that LOL.

^^ that’s some funny stuff right there!!!

I’m taking a screen shot of that exchange and sending it my Mormon buddy.

LOL!

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
OP - I’m just curious. How would you justify legalising LSD on practical grounds. Pretend you’re explaining it to an unenlightened square. Why do we want to do this? What will it achieve practically. And what can we expect from an LSD generation? Is this about turning the country into one big Haight-Ashbury commune or something? What’s the end game here?[/quote]

Why should the government control what chemicals you choose to ingest into your own body? Particularly, when it’s not an agent that is a precursor to more crime?

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:
Correct, amendment 1 passed making abortion illegal in our state. It was expected though, no real surprise since we eliminated a woman’s right to vote in 2010. What really caught me by surprise was that amendment 2 passed! It looks like we are the first state to re-institute Jim Crow! Looks like it narrowly passed with 52% of the vote.

What do you think the ramifications will be in Tennessee? I’d love to hear your analysis.

Thanks[/quote]

You’re joking, right?

Edit–obviously joking. I haven’t had enough coffee to wade into PWI yet…

Amendment 1 doesn’t make abortion illegal. It does however give the state legislature a wider and more powerful tool to regulate and limit them.[/quote]

Which is a good thing.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
OP - I’m just curious. How would you justify legalising LSD on practical grounds. Pretend you’re explaining it to an unenlightened square. Why do we want to do this? What will it achieve practically. And what can we expect from an LSD generation? Is this about turning the country into one big Haight-Ashbury commune or something? What’s the end game here?[/quote]

Why should the government control what chemicals you choose to ingest into your own body? Particularly, when it’s not an agent that is a precursor to more crime?[/quote]

Because the damage to the civil society of widely available power hallucinogenic drugs that can cause temporary psychosis, suicide and even long term mental illness in some. Besides, I’m familiar with how Timothy Leary and a number of East German/Stasi moles in the CIA used LSD to subvert the morale and senses of an entire generation. George Soros is continuing the program today by pouring hundreds of millions into drug legalisation programs. That’s the thing about the legalisation movement. It’s not grassroots. Ten years ago no one wanted to legalise pot. And its harmful effects were well understood. But then Soros started funding all these legalisation front groups and over a few years they had programmed half the electorate. Now you get people everywhere just flat out denying all the seriously harmful effects we’ve discovered marijuana to have over the last few decades in particular. Some people just won’t accept it.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:
Correct, amendment 1 passed making abortion illegal in our state. It was expected though, no real surprise since we eliminated a woman’s right to vote in 2010. What really caught me by surprise was that amendment 2 passed! It looks like we are the first state to re-institute Jim Crow! Looks like it narrowly passed with 52% of the vote.

What do you think the ramifications will be in Tennessee? I’d love to hear your analysis.

Thanks[/quote]

You’re joking, right?

Edit–obviously joking. I haven’t had enough coffee to wade into PWI yet…

Amendment 1 doesn’t make abortion illegal. It does however give the state legislature a wider and more powerful tool to regulate and limit them.[/quote]

Which is a good thing.
[/quote]

Yes I agree

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Why should the government control what chemicals you choose to ingest into your own body? Particularly, when it’s not an agent that is a precursor to more crime?[/quote]

Because the damage to the civil society of widely available power hallucinogenic drugs that can cause temporary psychosis, suicide and even long term mental illness in some. Besides, I’m familiar with how Timothy Leary and a number of East German/Stasi moles in the CIA used LSD to subvert the morale and senses of an entire generation. George Soros is continuing the program today by pouring hundreds of millions into drug legalisation programs. That’s the thing about the legalisation movement. It’s not grassroots. Ten years ago no one wanted to legalise pot. And its harmful effects were well understood. But then Soros started funding all these legalisation front groups and over a few years they had programmed half the electorate. Now you get people everywhere just flat out denying all the seriously harmful effects we’ve discovered marijuana to have over the last few decades in particular. Some people just won’t accept it.[/quote]

You mean…seriously harmful effects like cigarettes, cigars, and alcohol? Seriously man. They’re all harmful. But the one thing you never do is see a pothead mugging or assaulting people for weed money.

^^No. I’m talking about large scale, peer reviewed studies showing brain damage in occasional users and increased rates of schizophrenia, bipolar and other mental illnesses manifesting themselves in pot smokers.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
^^No. I’m talking about large scale, peer reviewed studies showing brain damage in occasional users and increased rates of schizophrenia, bipolar and other mental illnesses manifesting themselves in pot smokers.[/quote]

So what. Sugar fucks people up too. So do car crashes. And tons and tons of other legal activities. Like football.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
^^No. I’m talking about large scale, peer reviewed studies showing brain damage in occasional users and increased rates of schizophrenia, bipolar and other mental illnesses manifesting themselves in pot smokers.[/quote]

So what. Sugar fucks people up too. So do car crashes. And tons and tons of other legal activities. Like football. [/quote]

I don’t know if you’ve got kids but would you rather your kid had some sugar or a marijuana? I think I know which one I’d be more worried about given what I know about marijuana and sugar respectively

Edit

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

So what. Sugar fucks people up too. So do car crashes. And tons and tons of other legal activities. Like football. [/quote]

I don’t know if you’ve got kids but would you rather your kid had some sugar or a marijuana? I think I know which one I’d be more worried about given what I know about marijuana and sugar respectively

Edit[/quote]

I’d prefer I had the choice to decide rather than leave it to the state to make those choices for me and my family. And FYI, you are right, for children, I would rank moderate sugar as preferable to pot. But I’d also rank pot as preferable to football as far as risk of severe brain injuries.