Election Day Thread

Wow

2 Likes

To a certain extent, we should thank him. We learned about how the DNC was working to crush Bernie in the primaries, how Donna Brazile gave Hillary debate questions ahead of time, and how Hillary wants open borders and trade without restrictions. We live in a time where saying the truth gets you in trouble.

No, to no extent should we thank a belligerent foreign power for trying to meddle in an election.

I guess every “side” of the Political Spectrum has it’s share of compromises and hypocrisy, TB

But the Right took it all to a new level with this election and with some of the “support” you see for Putin.

As the President said at his last (literally) News Conference (and yes
I thought it was an excellent one, Zeb
)

“
Ronald Reagan is turning over in his Grave
”

(
and it’s NOT because of President Obama
)

What’s the evidence for this apparent meddling?

Podesta’s email wasn’t “hacked” he fell for a phishing scam

Yes, and it’s disgusting and let’s call it for exactly what it is - un-American.

These folks aren’t American conservatives. No American conservative would be making cow eyes and kissy noises at a Russian autocrat famous for thugocracy, corruption, and suppression of freedoms. “Oh, but he helped defeat a Democrat in an American election!” Americans in the old style of conservatism (and liberalism) would never think this is a good thing.

What we’re seeing here is an importation of Continental (European) Right into the American scene. It’s alien to our mainstream political culture, but it’s happening.

Imagine any president that scores high marks in American conservatism (Republican or not) that would tolerate this nonsense. You can’t.

(Although the pro-Putin contingent has been around for a while, at the idiotic fringe - I recall a number of Ron Paul supporting bozos admiring Putin, even in PWI, including avowed white nationalist Nominal Prospect, who unlike Raj, at least had the cajones to admit to his racist politics.)

1 Like

Have to disagree on this one, friend. It was a terrible way for Obama to go out. A nearly non-stop exercise in blame-shifting the whole time.

What was uncovered in the hack was un-American, you are upset with how it was uncovered. Obama had 8 years to beef up cyber security, and he didn’t. He also had many months before the election to investigate the hack, and he didn’t because he thought Hillary would win. Learning the depths to which the DNC would go to make sure Hillary would win should also alarm you, but you have made no mention of that.

Rather than whining about a thug behaving like a thug, the administration should have acted to be thug proof.

This whole stink is performance art, the same way Democrats moaning about the popular vote vs the EC is, because none of them would be bitching if the situation was reversed (Trump winning popular vote and Hillary winning the EC).

3 Likes

Tip to tail, what you wrote is nonsense. On the scale of measuring what is harmful to American interests, you think internal dirty machine politics is worse than a sinister foreign power actively meddling in an American election? Absurd.

The DNC insured that the least competitive candidate got the nomination through it’s game-fixing. You don’t care about that. Stop pretending.

And the attempt to blame Obama for the hack by not having adequate cyber security is off-target - this was set in motion by a phishing scam, and it was the DNC that was hacked, not a government agency.

Obama should have taken the Russian involvement in the hack more seriously, but he wimped out. So? You’ve contradicted your own point by admitting, yes, we should have taken it seriously but didn’t.

So, yep, un-American. Imagine Ronald Reagan and his supporters winking at any of one of the Soviet thugs for helping defeat Jimmy Carter or Walter Mondale in a general election. Can you?

Assange said that Russia did not have any involvement. But, when all the evidence is in if Russia was involved it is a very bad thing and should not go unpunished in some fashion.

As for Obama’s news conference no one can ever say that Obama cannot speak to the press. While he does stammer and stutter on occasion he handles a loving press very well. Just as a father would answer questions from his adoring young children. I can see Obama dressed as Santa Clause with Lester Holt and Candy Crowley each sitting on one of his knees their heads firmly in snuggle position.

Anyway
I was very happy to see Obama’s last news conference, his last vacation to Hawaii on Air Force One (how many vacations did he take?). And I eagerly look forward to Obama saying his last words as President. I am anxiously counting down the days. As of this morning he has 33 days left in office. Each day I grow happier and more optimistic about the future of our country and my own various small business interests. I can’t wait for the burdensome regulations to abate and a nice big tax cut. And I am throwing a good riddance to Obama party on January 20th. It’s going to be a great bash.

Oh yes it is going to be a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy and prosperous New Year!

He also had 8 years to make the world a better safer place, to grow the economy, get people off of welfare and food stamps, increase home ownership
ah
the list is endless. I’ll stop here as this is enough to cause Mufasa’s head to explode
 Basically he failed at everything. So, don’t be surprised that he didn’t beef up cyber security.

Let’s be honest about this whole issue. The only reason people take the hack serious now, is because Hillary lost. If she won, sure a few people would still show concern about cyber security, but nowhere near the degree if the shit we see now.

Russians didn’t call 1/4 of the electorate a basket of deplorables. They didn’t have a hidden unsecured server in a bathroom. They didn’t allow decades of reckless immigration or trade agreements that caused an untold number of jobs to leave the country. Russians did not allow a PC culture to run amok. Russians did not cause some areas of the country to see their healthcare costs rise.

If these are the autopsy results, they are going to lose their ass in 2018.

1 Like

I’m just happy the so called hacking was just the information from months ago that everyone knew was the result of hacking anyway. If the issue was voting machines or something that would be really bad. Most people aren’t really against this type of thing as it leads to the release of information that would have otherwise been hidden and doesn’t effect them directly. But when it was against the candidate they voted for then all of a sudden they have a problem with it and it needs to be stopped?

Do you guys SERIOUSLY think that this is all over for Putin now that Trump is President and Clinton is out?

Nyet
not even close

Why is the idea of Russia hacking the US election being entertained without any evidence presented?

What are these people suggesting Russian hacking basing it on?

It does, Zeb
especially from listening to your bullshit.

It’s because of peoples unwillingness to compromise Intelligence sources, tactics and in some cases, American Lives, raj.

1 Like

I think the losses by the DEMS will go much further and deeper than 2018, Max, if their “answers” to their ass-whipping is what I’m hearing so far.

They haven’t provided any evidence and even the intelligence reports can’t tie it back to Putin.