Election Day Thread

To majic’s point…

This is why, this. We’ve had this “poor minority” and “America sucks” shoved down our throats to the point where people like myself, who aren’t racist, and are more than willingly to listen to the point trying to be made here, are at the point of “you know what, fuck you.”

I’ve supported the gay community and same sex marriage since I was a child. I never understood why anyone cared so much if people were gay. Never gave two shits, never mistreated anyone for it, and was good to anyone that was good to me. Now that certain member of the group have turned into what they fought against with the “bake my cake” nonsense, I’ve been turn from active ally, to silent sideline guy who won’t go out of my way for the cause.

COnversations, education and sharing information are wonderful things. Pushing an agenda is a strategy for disaster. The gay community didn’t gain public acceptance by going down on each other in the park. They did it by showing the world they were just normal people doing normal things, who happen to want to bang someone of the same sex, and that wasn’t wrong.

3 Likes

You know what’s worse than being stuck in traffic, being scolded for giving your opinion by people who preach diversity, tolerance, and inclusion.

Democrats made this demon, they can embrace the suck. Dems have two choices, either learn from their mistakes and correct themselves, or it gets worse for them. Government thinks they can legislate to control human nature, they can’t, Nov 8 proved that.

I can post more news reports saying roughly the same thing, but I don’t see the point.

Now I need to ask- Do you think I’m saying that he won the general election largely because of white nationalist support?

That’s Racist!

3 Likes

Let them do it… They are lazy and will eventually peter out. They are running on sheer emotion.
After obama, people didn’t riot, they created the Tea Party and protested peacefully.

1 Like

Yup…

Preach…

2 Likes

Democrats better learn and very quickly, because in the 2018 midterm elections, they are the ones defending a shitload of seats. There are 34 seats up for grabs in the Senate, 26 of them are held by Democrats. Republicans need a net gain of 9 to have a filibuster proof majority. Difficult yes, but doable.

1 Like

They don’t turn out for midterms so unless the President-Elect fucks up royally, it could get even redder.

1 Like

I ask for numerical proof of your fallacious argument and you give me an opinion piece.

As for your question- No I don’t think you are saying that. I know that you are because it is right there in your post, which I quoted. What else does “a great deal of support” mean?

Do you even read what you type, or are your fingers some disembodied entity that function via their own will?

Numbers. Put up or shut up.

Exactly, so their mess could get even messier.

What if it’s not a mess? What if it actually works?

Trump has 2 years to show that it’s not a mess. He has a chance to show his ability to be an executive, and get shit done. Trump threw out every political rule and axiom, he showed how good management proper delegation of authority achieves great things. He beat Hillary with his message, no ground game, no experience, and spending a fraction of what Democrats did.

Trump’s 2016 numbers were good enough to beat Obama’s 2012 numbers.

3 Likes

Romney got more votes than Trump. Where are you getting that conclusion?

But not in the battleground states. In the states that always go blue or red the voter turnout was low. But it was high in the States Trump turned. So if Obama got the same numbers he had in the same states, he would have lost the election to Trump.

Also it is not true the Romney got more votes. Your comparing certified election results to what we have now. California has only counted 69% of its votes

“Which brings us to an important question: Was Donald Trump just good enough to beat a bad Democratic opponent on Tuesday, or does he deserve far more credit? Could he, for instance, have competed with the vaunted Obama machine? The answer, somewhat shockingly, is yes. A review of vote totals in the past two elections reveals that Trump 2016 would have defeated Obama 2012 in the electoral college.”

Romney got more votes than Trump, but Hillary got a lot less votes than Obama.

Exactly.

Much of the Obama and Hillary votes came from California, but in the electoral college it doesn’t matter. They could win by thousands of votes or hundreds of votes, it still represents 55 votes in the electoral college.

From your link:

“However, the Pennsylvania and Ohio numbers were way off in the NYT database — and barring drastic upward revisions in Trump’s numbers once the final votes are tallied, Obama won more votes than Trump in those two states. This would mean mean, in the hypothetical head-to-head matchup that this post was meant to examine, that Obama 2012 would have defeated Trump 2016 in the electoral college.”

No, he would’ve lost (hypothetically). He won because Clinton was bad.

The thing is we still do not know the the total votes. California is only at 69% still

They are too busy planning Calexit to count all the votes.