T Nation

Elbow Tat Decision

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/1/1/1111772.1150428729053.chaos.bmp

hey fellas, im gettin a tat on my elbow here in the next week or two and im havin just a hell of a time decidin on what im gonna get. i got it narrowed down to 2 things, either a chaos symbol or a spider web made of barb wire

heres the chaos symbol


another one chimaira uses

and the spider web

I think that if you cant decide without others helping you make up your mind, you shouldn’t be getting any of the options.

Just my $0.02

yeah i hear that. im not really relying on what anyone says, ultimately im gonna do what i feel, but i just kinda wanna see what people think.

I get tattoos to represent something in my life that…

  1. will NEVER change until death
  2. means something very deeply to me
  3. is a powerful image and a strong reminder of the subject

Symbols - cartoons - skulls with flames - all that sort of crap is akin to drawing on yourself with a texta in high school, basically an attention grabber that will look pathetic as the years go by.

What the hell does a spiderweb on your elbow represent? That you’re turning into a superhero?

I think that was 5c worth, sorry.

[quote]skimmy_jimmy wrote:
yeah i hear that. im not really relying on what anyone says, ultimately im gonna do what i feel, but i just kinda wanna see what people think.[/quote]

Cool.

In that case, if it were me, I would be getting the option in the second post. But that is partly becuase it would go great with my big flame covered dragon on my forearm.

[quote]duke wrote:
I get tattoos to represent something in my life that…

  1. will NEVER change until death
  2. means something very deeply to me
  3. is a powerful image and a strong reminder of the subject

Symbols - cartoons - skulls with flames - all that sort of crap is akin to drawing on yourself with a texta in high school, basically an attention grabber that will look pathetic as the years go by.

What the hell does a spiderweb on your elbow represent? That you’re turning into a superhero?

I think that was 5c worth, sorry.[/quote]

actually all 5 tattoos i have thus far do represent significan events in my life. i have odin on my knuckles cuz its my middle name, i have the chinese symbol for 12 between my thumb and index finger for the hour i damn near died, that wreck greatly changed my life. i have a cross on my back with my deceased uncles name and dates above and under it, ive got a sun thats smiling on my shoulder to represent my attitude on tryin to stay positive even in darkest times, smile even when the lights not shining, then i have a tribal tat down my left arm basically to go over the scars that cover it.

that spider web that i showed above i designed about a year ago and my bro got it done before i could. the chaos symbol i like because its wicked looking and i think it shows the chaos thats been goin on my whole fucking life. i guess it was my dumbass mistake even making this post cuz i knew someone was gonna give me shit. like i said im gonna do what i feel is best for me and best represents me, but i just thought i would show you guys so when i get it i could show it off, but fuck that ill probably get trashed on anyway

arent those versions of sunwheels? are you a white nationalist or something? unless you are i would advise against the first 2 and go with the web.

I know one thing its gonna hurt like fook, my mate has ink everywhere, including on his bell end!, and he says that the elbow was excruciating

im sure it will hurt like hell, but every tat ive gotten i loved. it seriously relaxes me and somewhat puts me in a euphoric state

[quote]vegeta4u wrote:
arent those versions of sunwheels? are you a white nationalist or something? unless you are i would advise against the first 2 and go with the web.[/quote]

Are there any tattoos that don’t have something to do with white supremacy??

Every time someone starts a thread asking for feeback on a tat someone has to reply “Don’t get that, people will think your a skinhead.”