T Nation

Elbow Soreness

Who here has issues with their elbows being sore? I have noticed that my elbows are getting increasingly sore and achy. It is only when I do Skull crushers or something of the like. Bench presses do not bother my elbows at all. Just the skull crushers for some reason. I think it is the angle at which they are being used.

I was going to do Coach Poliquins Phase 3 of winning the arms race when I was unable to shake the elbow soreness.

Does any one have some insight on this, other than take some time off.

Got the same thing. It’s prolly tendonitis.

[quote]kingkrs wrote:
Does any one have some insight on this, other than take some time off.[/quote]

Lots of people don’t like skullcrushers. I like them, but get elbow pains after them. So, I’ll probably end up not doing them.

If something is causing a problem, its probably better to stop doing it :wink:

[quote]HouseOfAtlas wrote:
kingkrs wrote:
Does any one have some insight on this, other than take some time off.

Lots of people don’t like skullcrushers. I like them, but get elbow pains after them. So, I’ll probably end up not doing them.

If something is causing a problem, its probably better to stop doing it ;)[/quote]

Yeah, I am going to try and avoid them for now. However I do get great results from doing them. Especially doing them the way CP has laid out in his program. I do think it is from overuse. Maybe I’ll just do dips for now.

[quote]kingkrs wrote:
Yeah, I am going to try and avoid them for now. However I do get great results from doing them. Especially doing them the way CP has laid out in his program. I do think it is from overuse. Maybe I’ll just do dips for now.[/quote]

I forgot to add that some people have said that if you do them on a decline bench, it might save your elbows. Might be worth a shot.

I get the exact same thing.
It’s slightly above the elbow, below the triceps. Which is pretty much the tendon, I guess. Burning sensation.
I’ve only experienced this doing skull crushes.

Would it be wise to hit that area with lower weights, avoiding the pain and strenghten, or just avoid it like the plauge all together?