T Nation

Elbow Pain

Hi everyone. I have recently started training for a powerlifting meet next June and I am having a problem with elbow pain after both my max effort and dynamic effort bench workouts. The pain I am having starts at the elbow and shoots to the wrist after I take my wrist wraps off. Also the pain is not there during the lifts it starts as soon as I finish a set.
I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with this and any ideas that would help to get rid of the pain would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Rich

it might be the DE sets.

i don’t train WSB but a couple of months ago i did explosive squats with light weights and started having knee pain. it dissapeared when i quit doing the explosive movement.

rich:

This may or may not work for you. However, many years ago I had a very similar pain under similar circumstances and (for some reason) I began taking more Vitamin C and it my pain stopped with in a week, while my workouts only got tougher!

I took in about 3000 MG of Vit. C per day in three doses, if I remember correctly.

Good luck, and let me know how it turns out.

Zeb

[quote]ZEB wrote:
rich:

This may or may not work for you. However, many years ago I had a very similar pain under similar circumstances and (for some reason) I began taking more Vitamin C and it my pain stopped with in a week, while my workouts only got tougher!

I took in about 3000 MG of Vit. C per day in three doses, if I remember correctly.

Good luck, and let me know how it turns out.

Zeb[/quote]

Thanks Zeb I started taking the Vit. C and some Glucosamine/Chondroitin and I had no pain after my last ME bench day!!