Elbow Pain

Hi people,

When ever doing triceps work i get a really dull ache on the very tip of my elbows,like right on the point.it hurts to do anything with even a moderate amount of weight.The pain is gone about 2 hours after workout.Anybody have any clues to what this pain could be?

Im a lanky sucka 6’4 with long arms ,so i dont know if that has anything to do with it?.
Peace
H

I used to get that pain whenever I did any sort of pushing movement. I started taking 2000mg of Vitamin C each day and the pain disapeared.

There is absolutely no science to back this up. I am only giving you my one experience.

I just didn’t want to click past your problem without at least giving you my own experience.

Good Luck,

Zeb

Hmm i take roughly 2 x 500mgs of vit c every morning and 500mgs after mt workout,but i just might up the dosage to 2000mgs as u reccomend.Pisses me off though beacause its the pushing muscles which i lack the most,back,bi,hamstrings anre me best bodyparts where chest and tri;s are my worst :frowning:
Thanks Zeb
H

My dad had this really bad pain in his upper thigh. He went to the doctors 3 times and was about to get an MRI (or some type of scan). Then he heard about some study done that if you take 20 cherries a day, it is 10 times better then Ibuprofen. He said they need to be fresh cherries, not the jarred ones, but I don’t know if it matters. After about two weeks of doing that, the pain was gone. He was limping pretty bad before taking the cherries, too.

[quote]HHH wrote:
Hi people,

When ever doing triceps work i get a really dull ache on the very tip of my elbows,like right on the point.it hurts to do anything with even a moderate amount of weight.The pain is gone about 2 hours after workout.Anybody have any clues to what this pain could be?

Im a lanky sucka 6’4 with long arms ,so i dont know if that has anything to do with it?.
Peace
H[/quote]

H, does it hurt only w/ active motion? Or does it also start to hurt when doing it passively, like with a stretch.
If it is mainly with activity, it could be a slight tendonitis. If you want, try a heat pad on your elbow before working out and an ice cup massage afterwards. If it isn’t uncomfortable, you could even try wearing a sleave over your elbow while you lift to keep warmth (similar to people who wear wraps/neoprine sleaves over their knees during squats). Make sure to stretch well too afterwards.

Getting it checked out by a professional is always the best way to go. But if you don’t have the money to spend to see one, you could try this out.

definitely have to wear the sleeves over the joints and use active recovery like icing down the area after you finish working out. take natural anti-inflamitories like ginger, rosemarry, boswellia, and curcumin along with the joint support supps like collagen, msm, chondroitin. laters pk

I agree with levelheaded above, it is probably tendonitis of the triceps tendon, which sort of wraps over your elbow bone on its way to the ulna.
I found that regular stretching of my triceps helps prevent this.

Thanks for the responses guys,yeah i was hoping it was not a mild case of tendinitis :frowning:
It really seems to hurt when.
beginning of movement and in full stretch position say for skull crushers,and midrange for pushdowns.It all started back about a year ago when i was doing seated overhead dumbell extensions with 100 pound dumbell and when i finished my reps i put the weight down and pain just shot to the tips of my elbows.I went light training for a while and there was no problem,but about 2 weeks ago i started training heavy again with barbell skull crushers and as soon as i brought it to just above my head the shooting pain came back.
But ill take the advise given
Thanks again
H

when i used to blow my elbows in ju jitsu, glucosamine assisted in pain and recovery.

cheap and worth a shot.

HHH,

Been lurking on this site for several years but 1st time to post. Just had to comment since I had chronic elbow pain for years which also transferred to pain in the lower biceps/brachialis area in both arms. Treated with an ART therapist for 6 months and we finally narrowed the problem down to extreme tightness in both shoulders. I never placed much emphasis on stretching, which exacerbated the problem. Once I was able to completely straighten my arms behind my head, pain in both areas almost completely subsided. Hope this helps! Good luck.