El-Producto(Music)

I need to rant about this so here I am. I think I first heard El-P years ago and I thought almost nothing of him. Honestly I thought he was trash. Fast forward a couple years and I listen to some of his shit again and I’m literally awe struck. It then occurred to me I first did not like his music because I did not have a strong enough intellect to understand what the fuck he was talking about. This is the state of music today.

The radio is catered to the needs of the lowest common fucking retard(no offense to all you retards reading this). Music that is too developed scares the average listener. This, however is a change from music of the past. The reason some of the best music was composed in the classical era is because music of this nature was for the elite only. Brilliant minds would sit and bathe in the complex, well developed, artistic creations they made. Now every fuck up has to listen to music and if I turn on my car stereo I have to listen to music catered to their tasteless ears.

More to topic however, even for people who “don’t like rap” I think this man is fucking amazing.

http://www.justsomelyrics.com/1286220/El-P-Poisenville-Kids-No-Wins-Lyrics - lyrics

i'll sleep when you're dead - blog post about the song

As I listened to this song the first time I could not even focus my attention to the words. The complexity of the production commanded my full attention. What was first a clutter of unorganized chaos to my young ignorant mind had now developed into a full spectrum of sounds, resonating into melodic harmonies with structure comparable to a symphony. Then I sat down for another few listens to see if he could write lyrics… he could. I was awe struck as I began to unravel the poetry I once took for mediocre multi-syllabic backpacker rhyme scheme. When I finally understood what the song was about my appreciation grew even more. I can go on and on but I’m just asking to see if there is anyone else out there who can appreciate this music for what it is. Even if your not a fan of “rap” the written poetry and instrumental are both amazing alone. This entire album was comparable to this song. I cannot imagine their is any other musician in rap who can hold a candle to EL-P.

Anyway this song and EL-P in general is just my very specific example to the broad ignorance that is mainstream music. I’m hardly asking for artists like this to replace mainstream artists, however. The mainstream is mainstream because it is dumbed down enough for the average retard(and in my short time on this planet one of the things I know is the average person is completely fucking retarded by my standards). I’m merely ranting and trying to do justice to an actual artist - standing tall, bearing fruit; blocked out by a field of weeds.

http://www.urbanlyrics.com/lyrics/elp/theoverlydramatictruth.html - (some what botched)lyrics

This song gives me a nice fat hip-hop elitist hard-on to masturbate to as well.

word.

I bought Fantastic Damage when I was in highschool.

The last time I listened to Fantastic Damage was the day I bought it…

Loved the beats on Cannibal Ox’s The Cold Vein, didn’t like El-P’s other stuff. It always struck me as though in an attempt for more dense, complex beats he gave up any semblance of tunefulness.

And it doesn’t help that most of his fans strike me as the kind of retards that believe the corny almost conspiracy theory that the industry and dumb people ruined pop music or whatever. It’s hard to even trust those guys because they’re so full of shit.

I liked your write up for the most part [except for the part about people not liking your favourite artist because they’re ‘retarded’] so I think I’ll give his solo albums a second chance. Not sure which album his is best one, though.

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:
It always struck me as though in an attempt for more dense, complex beats he gave up any semblance of tunefulness.
[/quote]

That’s where I disagree. The melodies in his beats amalgamate into a modern symphony.

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:
It always struck me as though in an attempt for more dense, complex beats he gave up any semblance of tunefulness.
[/quote]

That’s where I disagree. The melodies in his beats amalgamate into a modern symphony. [/quote]

to each his own … I find his beats spastic

I much prefer MF Doom beats