Eighty to 100 Pound Muscular Gains

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Instead of being argumentative, can you prove Brick wrong?

[/quote]

argumentative? brick keeps linking people who are 250-300 and saying 180+ lean is somehow a normal starting weight, when it isn’t

according to BMI chart, for 5’10 150 is normal weight… if I have 15% bodyfat, I’m 128 lean

can I get to 208 LBM if I was willing to go up to 250 or 300 lbs, and NOT cut?

natural bodybuilders are around 200+, and that’s with the muscle loss from cutting

I don’t think it’s that ridiculous

[quote]marshaldteach wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

argumentative? brick keeps linking people who are 250-300 and saying 180+ lean is somehow a normal starting weight, when it isn’t

according to BMI chart, for 5’10 150 is normal weight… if I have 15% bodyfat, I’m 128 lean

natural bodybuilders are around 200+, and that’s with the muscle loss from cutting

[/quote]

So post some examples.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

So post some examples.[/quote]

use google?

and since you don’t know their starting weight (couldve been as low as 130) obviously they could have gained more than 80 lbs of LBM

or are there no 200 lb+ natural bodybuilders now

[/quote]
200+, stage ready, and natural at average height - no

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

use google?

and since you don’t know their starting weight (couldve been as low as 130) obviously they could have gained more than 80 lbs of LBM

[/quote]

80lb of MUSCLE not just lean body mass. this argument is dumb because one side has the last 50 years of natural bodybuilding backing it up, while the other is just nothing but what ifs.

PLEASE! someone post a picture of a contest ready natural bodybuilder, of average height. who is over 200lbs. ill just wait…

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Clinically speaking the normal weight for 5’10" is 149 to 183. And even if we go by your lean 185 reference what do we get: Dorian competed in the 260’s and was 300 or so offseason. So it can be assumed he gained about 80 pounds of muscle.

How does this not make sense?

Not this again, jesus christ.

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

use google?

[/quote]

80lb of MUSCLE not just lean body mass. this argument is dumb because one side has the last 50 years of natural bodybuilding backing it up, while the other is just nothing but what ifs.

PLEASE! someone post a picture of a contest ready natural bodybuilder, of average height. who is over 200lbs. ill just wait…[/quote]

Ask and you shall receive.
Jeff Willet

[quote]iDrDan wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

use google?

[/quote]

PLEASE! someone post a picture of a contest ready natural bodybuilder, of average height. who is over 200lbs. ill just wait…[/quote]

Jeff Willet[/quote]

Hahahaha!

Jeff Willet–natural alright!

Who else can we post as natural–Kiyoshi Moody, Mike O’Hearn, Skip La Cour, Stan McQuay, Markus Reinhardt, anyone who competes in Team Universe or competed in Musclemania?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

use google?

[/quote]

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_alpha/bodybuilding_genetics_and_reality

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]iDrDan wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

use google?

[/quote]

Jeff Willet[/quote]

Hahahaha!

Who else can we post as natural–Kiyoshi Moody, Mike O’Hearn, Skip La Cour, Stan McQuay, Markus Reinhardt, anyone who competes in Team Universe or competed in Musclemania?

[/quote]

Lol - absolutely. Anyone arguing this bullshit, making claims about mythical outliers and natty gains of 80 pounds pure LBM…read the link to our THOROUGHLY exhaustive discussion on the matter that I just posted. Read it ALL, then post an actual case study of a natty who gained 60 - 80 pounds of PURE LBM without drugs. Read that whole thread - no one could do it then, and no one can do it now. You can certainly speculate a bunch of nonsense about starting weight, split hairs about semantics, but in the end, no nattys weigh 250 + on average height with sub 5% BF…no one.

[quote]detazathoth wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Feel free to post a natural who can be assumed to have gained 80 to 100 pounds as well. [/quote]

I like where this is going.

BRB getting my popcorn![/quote]

In your interview you said you started training around 18 years old at 125lbs 5’8 at what looks like 10-12% BF.

5 years later you are 215 at 17%. So “lean mass” from around 110lbs to around 178.5lbs.

A gain of around 68.5lbs.

You say your goal is 225 at 10-12%. Which would be a gain from around 110lbs to around 202.5lbs.

A gain of around 92.5lbs.

Yet you seem to always disagree with the premise that it is not possible to gain 80-100lbs LBM as an adult despite you already being nearly there and it being your goal to fit pretty much exactly within these parameters. Even including the fact you were running long distance when you started or that the 225 will no longer be as a natural (i am assuming) it all seems pretty close enough to fit the argument of 80lbs+ LBM gain.

I don’t understand.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Jeane Pierre Fux offseason not fat 315# at 6’2". [/quote]

the guys you are posting and referring to as “not fat” are seemingly all extremely lean they are just holding a very large amount of water due to their drug regimen at the time of these pics.

it is a bit misleading to refer to this pic as “not fat” he is extremely lean and with some straighforward manipulation could drop 20lbs of water quickly and look ripped.

as this thread is about a certain member I don’t see why you didn’t just literally use their pictures afaik there are pics from 150 to 210 to 285 on the site. the most recent is of 255 why not just get the one at 150 and the one at 255 and conduct a vote and see if the results are what you are looking for?

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
80lb of MUSCLE not just lean body mass.[/quote]

the “argument” was always LBM and not 100% dry muscle weight.

[quote]detazathoth wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Feel free to post a natural who can be assumed to have gained 80 to 100 pounds as well. [/quote]

I like where this is going.

BRB getting my popcorn![/quote]
Aren’t you basically doing this detazathoth? Gaining 80+ lbs of lbm that is?

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[/quote]
200+, stage ready, and natural at average height - no[/quote]

does “200+” mean 201 or 299

it is literally impossible for someone to weigh 201lbs on stage?

cos that is what you’re saying

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]iDrDan wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

use google?

[/quote]

Jeff Willet[/quote]

Hahahaha!

[/quote]

Okay, so Willet is very muscular and lean. Does that mean he’s on steroids? What other aspects of his physique or appearance make you think he’s riding the bicycle? He has a normal jaw and facial features, tiny head and neck, and good skin, etc. In this video (from 1:25 on) you get a good close look at his head…

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
no nattys weigh 250 + on average height with sub 5% BF…no one. [/quote]

No one has ever said this.

Why post such a misleading and false statement?

[quote]iDrDan wrote:
Okay, so Willet is very muscular and lean. Does that mean he’s on steroids? What other aspects of his physique or appearance make you think he’s riding the bicycle? He has a normal jaw and facial features, tiny head and neck, and good skin, etc. In this video (from 1:25 on) you get a good close look at his head…
Jeff Willet and Steroids - YouTube [/quote]

It’s well known that Willet has used the living shit out of every prohormone he could get his hands on.

And besides - I wouldn’t say a natty CAN’T ever be over 200 pounds, just that virtually every real natty in history has competed below that - anywhere from 160 - 190 or so, but depending on height, a natty could be over 200 of course - and again, stage weight - dry and lean - not off-seaon at 10% plus…

[quote]iDrDan wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]iDrDan wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

use google?

[/quote]

Jeff Willet[/quote]

Hahahaha!

[/quote]

Jeff Willet and Steroids - YouTube [/quote]

I’ve been under the impression for a couple years now that it’s common knowledge that Willet used to live on prohormones when they were legal. As in, not that he tried them a couple times, but practically lived on them.