Eighty to 100 Pound Muscular Gains

Thighs!

Tom Prince

Perhaps not an 80 to 100 pound muscular gain, but one of my favorites, the infamous Venice Beach lady killer and adonis Dennis Newman.

Definitely over the natural (ahem, cough, sigh) “limit” of 50 pounds (or so).

28 inch not-fat thighs!

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

Nice thread! Any of these fellas natural?

I agree with your premise, but I think the limit would better be stated as what the top natural bodybuilders have done at your height and bodyfat for one training naturally and that well covers 3 standard deviations or more for what is possible with the human body and serves as a good guideline for trainers in not letting themselves get carried away with a bulk(like that guy you mentioned bulking up to 400 lb just to cut down to 189lb) thinking it will get them more muscle. I prefer this definition to the 50lb limit because someone will always try to bring up absurd examples of a 17 year old 5’10 boy who started at 110 lbs and then decided to get to body build and gets to a lean 190 lb in his 30s(just as an example I didn’t do the math).

I think defining a limit is a good thing as it can make some expectations more realistic for trainers starting out and can be used as a guide. No one should really care what’s possible outside 3 standard deviations as a limit or guideline because it would be useless(if myostatin deficiency boy decided to get into the hobby of bodybuilding or compete naturally in the future its possible that he may exceed what other naturals have done in the past but it wouldn’t matter as no one else known has myostatin deficiency).

Now I do think one can hold onto more muscle if they get fatter but to what extent I’m not sure. Also just because one can hold onto more muscle at a higher body fat I don’t think that translates into them being able to hold onto that extra mass when they get leaner.

[quote]JoabSonOfZeruiah wrote:
I agree with your premise, but I think the limit would better be stated as what the top natural bodybuilders have done at your height and bodyfat for one training naturally and that well covers 3 standard deviations or more for what is possible with the human body and serves as a good guideline for trainers in not letting themselves get carried away with a bulk(like that guy you mentioned bulking up to 400 lb just to cut down to 189lb) thinking it will get them more muscle. I prefer this definition to the 50lb limit because someone will always try to bring up absurd examples of a 17 year old 5’10 boy who started at 110 lbs and then decided to get to body build and gets to a lean 190 lb in his 30s(just as an example I didn’t do the math).

I think defining a limit is a good thing as it can make some expectations more realistic for trainers starting out and can be used as a guide. No one should really care what’s possible outside 3 standard deviations as a limit or guideline because it would be useless(if myostatin deficiency boy decided to get into the hobby of bodybuilding or compete naturally in the future its possible that he may exceed what other naturals have done in the past but it wouldn’t matter as no one else known has myostatin deficiency).

Now I do think one can hold onto more muscle if they get fatter but to what extent I’m not sure. Also just because one can hold onto more muscle at a higher body fat I don’t think that translates into them being able to hold onto that extra mass when they get leaner.[/quote]

Good post.

However, my main premise for this thread is to depict actual people who we can reasonably assume or know gained 80 to 100 pounds of muscle or who sport 28+ inch thighs! I’ve gotten so much flack for stating it’s impossible to sport these stats without drugs. And here we have people who took drugs to achieve those stats. And we’re talking about “not fat” 250 to 300 pound behemoths.

There are people talking about 80 pound muscular gains and 30 inch non fat thighs as if they ain’t no thing but a chicken wing!

my AUNT has surpassed 30 inch thighs and 20 inch arms

all natural

Platz said his legs were 30 inches apparently, but that the shape of them made a big difference

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Now I do think one can hold onto more muscle if they get fatter but to what extent I’m not sure. Also just because one can hold onto more muscle at a higher body fat I don’t think that translates into them being able to hold onto that extra mass when they get leaner.[/quote]

Good post.

However, my main premise for this thread is to depict actual people who we can reasonably assume or know gained 80 to 100 pounds of muscle or who sport 28+ inch thighs! I’ve gotten so much flack for stating it’s impossible to sport these stats without drugs. And here we have people who took drugs to achieve those stats. And we’re talking about “not fat” 250 to 300 pound behemoths.

There are people talking about 80 pound muscular gains and 30 inch non fat thighs as if they ain’t no thing but a chicken wing! [/quote]

???

you’ve gotten flack for stating a useless limit that can’t be applied by anyone here because apparently your idea of normal is a 185 lean dorian yates

and the other poster, yeah it’s so absurd to assume people have different height,weight, so very absurd…

lets just keep talking about a 50 lb limit… then up it to 80-100 when you’re wrong.

can’t state it as total LBM/height or something more useful and accurate. Got to make useless statements that no one can apply, then wonder why you get flack

statements of this fashion are just not acceptable in Narnia

[quote]marshaldteach wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Good post.

There are people talking about 80 pound muscular gains and 30 inch non fat thighs as if they ain’t no thing but a chicken wing! [/quote]

???

you’ve gotten flack for stating a useless limit that can’t be applied by anyone here because apparently your idea of normal is a 185 lean dorian yates

and the other poster, yeah it’s so absurd to assume people have different height,weight, so very absurd…

lets just keep talking about a 50 lb limit… then up it to 80-100 when you’re wrong.

can’t state it as total LBM/height or something more useful and accurate. Got to make useless statements that no one can apply, then wonder why you get flack

statements of this fashion are just not acceptable in Narnia[/quote]

Instead of being argumentative, can you prove Brick wrong?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

argumentative? brick keeps linking people who are 250-300 and saying 180+ lean is somehow a normal starting weight, when it isn’t

according to BMI chart, for 5’10 150 is normal weight… if I have 15% bodyfat, I’m 128 lean

can I get to 208 LBM if I was willing to go up to 250 or 300 lbs, and NOT cut?

natural bodybuilders are around 200+, and that’s with the muscle loss from cutting

I don’t think it’s that ridiculous

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

argumentative? brick keeps linking people who are 250-300 and saying 180+ lean is somehow a normal starting weight, when it isn’t

according to BMI chart, for 5’10 150 is normal weight… if I have 15% bodyfat, I’m 128 lean

natural bodybuilders are around 200+, and that’s with the muscle loss from cutting

[/quote]

So post some examples.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

So post some examples.[/quote]

use google?

and since you don’t know their starting weight (couldve been as low as 130) obviously they could have gained more than 80 lbs of LBM

or are there no 200 lb+ natural bodybuilders now

[/quote]
200+, stage ready, and natural at average height - no

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

use google?

and since you don’t know their starting weight (couldve been as low as 130) obviously they could have gained more than 80 lbs of LBM

[/quote]

80lb of MUSCLE not just lean body mass. this argument is dumb because one side has the last 50 years of natural bodybuilding backing it up, while the other is just nothing but what ifs.

PLEASE! someone post a picture of a contest ready natural bodybuilder, of average height. who is over 200lbs. ill just wait…

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Clinically speaking the normal weight for 5’10" is 149 to 183. And even if we go by your lean 185 reference what do we get: Dorian competed in the 260’s and was 300 or so offseason. So it can be assumed he gained about 80 pounds of muscle.

How does this not make sense?

Not this again, jesus christ.

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

use google?

[/quote]

80lb of MUSCLE not just lean body mass. this argument is dumb because one side has the last 50 years of natural bodybuilding backing it up, while the other is just nothing but what ifs.

PLEASE! someone post a picture of a contest ready natural bodybuilder, of average height. who is over 200lbs. ill just wait…[/quote]

Ask and you shall receive.
Jeff Willet

[quote]iDrDan wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

use google?

[/quote]

PLEASE! someone post a picture of a contest ready natural bodybuilder, of average height. who is over 200lbs. ill just wait…[/quote]

Ask and you shall receive.
Jeff Willet[/quote]

Hahahaha!

Jeff Willet–natural alright!

Who else can we post as natural–Kiyoshi Moody, Mike O’Hearn, Skip La Cour, Stan McQuay, Markus Reinhardt, anyone who competes in Team Universe or competed in Musclemania?