Egypt Erupting

I thought that was Cleveland

The bad thing about the middle east is that it is ruled mostly by kings and dictators.
Other than oil, the only other good thing about the middle east is that it is ruled by kings and dictators, who are somehow able to control a bunch of crazy people (maybe a small portion of the population, but not insignificant in terms of power) who want to start wars and kill the so called infidels. Remember what happened with Palestine : Everyone wanted democracy, and free and fair elections. Hamas won.
It probably sucks for the people over there, but I will be selfish and hope no one gets killed and the revolution is quelled. Maybe the governments will learn a lesson or two and be more careful regarding the wishes of the people.

Now we are going to see the stupidity of Jimmy Carter bear fruit. The Israelis should never have given back the Sainai peninsula to make peace. The Israelis sacrified a natural barrier by giving up their positions on the Suez. The peace that they bought has been premised upon the US being a dominant enough power in the region that they could keep the Egyptians in line. I think things could get very ugly in the next year or two.

I’m surprised this is not getting more action in here.

Radical Islam is spreading. The very souls who are fighting for the change will be the same ones who will be persecuted by the incoming powers.

Our gas prices will go to 6 dollars a gallon real fast as well. And we want to cut oil production? Our “Green” initiatives have actually made us MORE dependent on middle eastern and Venezuala oil. We are dependent on a people who hate us and will do everything to squeeze us off. Energy will be their tool and is their tool, all the while we scream “Green” Alternative energy and plug our own wells. It’s suicide.

We are painted into a corner from our own doing.

Hero.

Prices on the oil go up because of inflation.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:
It’s Iran 1979, all over again.

Mubarak is a rough guy, but he has sat on the lid of the Muslim Brotherhood who want to impose sharia law on the secular/moderate muslims, kill the Christian Copts, and start a war with Israel.

The Muslim Brotherhood is the minority, but is armed, well-funded by Iran, and insane. They will win, if not crushed by the military.

The good-meaning secular students and other people protesting are going to be the first victims of this new regime.

Israel’s embassy is evacuated. Tanks are surrounding the embassies of USA and Canada.

I’m in what would be called in the USA “ready reserves” — and have been told to come back to Israel and be prepared for duty. I saw this coming three weeks ago and started putting things in place.

All of my daughters have reported for duty, including my 17 year old baby.

Almost certainly, this will lead to a regional war, unless Mubarack can smash this down.

It’s Obama’s time to see if he’s really Jimmy Carter’s second term. Given his inaction to date, I am sure that will be the case.

I guess this time Israel can haul the American hostages out of the USA embassy by helo, instead of waiting 444 days of captivity like last time.[/quote]

Fuck, and I was planning on going to Egypt soon.[/quote]

Yeah, I’d rethink those plans…

[quote]JD430 wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

Mubarak is a rough guy, but he has sat on the lid of the Muslim Brotherhood who want to impose sharia law on the secular/moderate muslims, kill the Christian Copts, and start a war with Israel.

The Muslim Brotherhood is the minority, but is armed, well-funded by Iran, and insane. They will win, if not crushed by the military.

The good-meaning secular students and other people protesting are going to be the first victims of this new regime.

Israel’s embassy is evacuated. Tanks are surrounding the embassies of USA and Canada.

I’m in what would be called in the USA “ready reserves” — and have been told to come back to Israel and be prepared for duty. I saw this coming three weeks ago and started putting things in place.

Almost certainly, this will lead to a regional war, unless Mubarack can smash this down.

It’s Obama’s time to see if he’s really Jimmy Carter’s second term. Given his inaction to date, I am sure that will be the case.

I guess this time Israel can haul the American hostages out of the USA embassy by helo, instead of waiting 444 days of captivity like last time.[/quote]

Please pay attention to Jewbacca everyone.

I believe he is 110% correct. While I am sure Mubarack can be quite brutal, the power vacuum will be filled with jihadi scum if he falls. I understand a bit of the sentiment going around about democracy and such, but look at the bigger picture(Democracy is a very keen double-edged sword anyway).

The tacit approval of the ultra-leftists, nigh-communist POTUS is also very, very telling. We are moving into a very dangerous place indeed.

[/quote]

I concur, I would prefer a U.S. friendly dictator to another radical islamic theocracy will be a disaster. Egypt needs to get this shit under control quickly…Obama cannot afford to fuck this one up.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]JD430 wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

I believe he is 110% correct. While I am sure Mubarack can be quite brutal, the power vacuum will be filled with jihadi scum if he falls. I understand a bit of the sentiment going around about democracy and such, but look at the bigger picture(Democracy is a very keen double-edged sword anyway).

The tacit approval of the ultra-leftists, nigh-communist POTUS is also very, very telling. We are moving into a very dangerous place indeed.

[/quote]

I concur, I would prefer a U.S. friendly dictator to another radical islamic theocracy will be a disaster. Egypt needs to get this shit under control quickly…Obama cannot afford to fuck this one up.[/quote]

What has he done correctly when it comes to foreign policy? Wait…what has done correctly in any area?

An international post from another site:

This has a meaning beyond our US collective understanding, and it ain’t good. The democracy they seek will breed and advance these thoughts…

“We Muslims should be very cautious about these all of a sudden revolutions that seem too good to be true and happening one by one across the middle east and for the fact that the western governments are scolding there puppets instead of supporting them in there continuation of putting a lid on Islam and the Muslim supporters, the reason we should be cautious is that we know that there intelligence agencies have instigated revolutions in the Muslim world in the past, what i think is happening here is that the western leaders are worried about the fact that the young adults in the middle east are the majority and are more likely to be so called “radicalized” and most of them are unemployed and living in poverty and anti American sentiment is high and also against the puppet government so the Western governments decided to have the current puppets who have been ruining the show for decades and having them removed to put in a new fresh face, just like what happened in Tunisia the leader of the country fled but one of his henchmen has taken his spot and is hand picking the new government and all being funded and propped up by the west,
But If what im saying is true there is a upside to all these fake revolutions is hopefully it will bring more freedoms in country’s so that the Muslims can openly share and teach the Uma more about what the Suna and Islam has to offer which hopefully in the future will bring about a real change and bring back the Khalafa,Suna and the rule of Allah again,
and on a side note i am disappointed in all of the so called Muslim organizations who are supposedly calling for these ideas for example the Muslim Brotherhood, Hammas,& etc i mean the Muslim Brotherhood should have done these rioting and revolution years ago instead of waiting around and fallowing the cues of what America tells them instead of fallowing what Allah and Mohamed peace be upon them taught, the Americans tell us that we must fallow peaceful and non violent revolutions at the same time are invading Muslim country’s and killing by the millions,the Muslim brother hood should fallow what Mohamed taught which was to take & remove a oppressor or tyrant by force, Husni Mubarak and his regime arent going to leave with out a fight and when America tells them to fallow Democracy, go look at Hammas and see what happened when they fallowed the man made religion of democracy they were democratically elected and chosen by the people so the west decided to turn their backs on them, If the Uma and the Muslim brother hood want change they need to drop their ties and business suits and democratic slogans and pick up what ever weapon they can get there hands on and take down the Western backed puppet dictators like how Allah wants it instead of standing around and having these corrupt dictators round you all up one by one and throw you in jail while your siting on the side lines and preaching a peaceful democracy while the angry oppressed and desperate masses are coming out and rioting and it being led by secularist governments in the west, the same same secularism that got the Muslims in the state they are in the first place”

Sums up most of the videos I’ve watched online and the articles I have read.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Gearalt Celt wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[/quote]

???

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]JD430 wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[/quote]

I concur, I would prefer a U.S. friendly dictator to another radical islamic theocracy will be a disaster. Egypt needs to get this shit under control quickly…Obama cannot afford to fuck this one up.[/quote]

What has he done correctly when it comes to foreign policy? Wait…what has done correctly in any area?[/quote]

Not much. The softball stance he has taken with Iran has been a disaster. While not directly related, I can see allowing Iran to operate their terror organizations more freely may have impacted the Egypt situation.

Never the less, the genie is out of the bottle. So, something has to changed their. If the bonehead dictator over there would just call for emergency elections to be held in a couple of months while he operates under moratorium, he could quell this problem a lot. If he continues to stonewall, he could be headed for the gallows and Muslim Brotherhood headed to their capitol. That would be a disaster.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
I thought that was Cleveland[/quote]

Or Detroit!

It’s entertaining to read posts from internet “minutemen” who think the sky is falling (i.e. we’re always at the brink of war, terrorists are oh so close to taking over) but Jewbacca is 100% incorrect about Egypt. Egypt is much different than Iran.

The Muslim Brotherhood is NOT the threat you think it is. Yes, they are insane. No, they do not represent the majority mindset.

Even the Muslim majority of Egypt does NOT want a theocratic government. They want secularism and are chanting it in the streets.

The US is afraid of publicly denouncing Mubarak because he’s kept Egypt “at peace” with Israel, even though the two aren’t truly allies.

Mubarak is getting shit because in the 30+ years he’s been around, just over 50% of Egypt has fallen under the poverty line. He gets what, $2 bil a year from the US? He hasn’t done shit with it FOR THE PEOPLE. He’s put up some Starbuckses and McDonald’s in Cairo and other places, but the quality of life has gotten progressively worse. THAT is why the people hate his guts.

The military is holding back from using much force (save for perhaps some instances; I’m not following the latest) because they’ve always had the people on their side; the military has traditionally been upper class and educated and fairly progressive, which is why the people have mostly respected the military through the years. Of course, hysteria always draws a fine line between opposing actions, so we’ll see what happens. Remember, the military and the riot police you see on TV are two different entities.

The US should publicly retract its “allowance” to Mubarak and force him to elect cabinet members that the people want OR to hold “democratic” elections. Dumbfuck Biden just said the opposite, praising Mubarak, when Mubarak has kept Egypt as a police state all this time. So much for “democractic values” and “freedoms” that we “want” other countries to have.

How do I know all this? A lot of my friends are Egyptians, and all of them have family living back there, many in Alexandria and some in Cairo and surrounding cities.

It is not the majority of Egyptians that we worry about. It is the minority that is willing to use violence. The majority of Iranians did not want what they got.

[quote]Big Banana wrote:
It is not the majority of Egyptians that we worry about. It is the minority that is willing to use violence. The majority of Iranians did not want what they got. [/quote]

And that’s a good observation, but you can’t hold onto a worthless government because you fear what MIGHT be a worse successor.

Mubarak should be exiled or just shot.

And what the fuck happened to coup de’ etats? Are they now passe?

Whatever happened to peaceful transitions of government? It can happen.

Too bad the mid-east is such a tinderbox. It is a sad state of affairs when “free” countries support Mubarak because they fear the alternative.

Update:

Mubarak has indefinitely blocked all trains to Cairo to prevent protestors from attending the Million Person March. Internet has been cut throughout the country–I think all ISPs by now; before, it was only a couple–and all mobile service to be cut off later today.

He’s totally the kind of guy the U.S. should support! I mean, he’s open to DEMOCRACY!